Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, DEC. 16)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a rainy day with the temps unusually warm. I can handle that as I'm not a Winter fan and can take rain better than snow. I admit snow can be pretty but it makes for difficult travel on narrow and very crooked roads in our area.

This Christmas season has been the time I've treated myself to electronics so I shouldn't need replacements in the next few years. I've acquired a new smart phone, a tablet, a laptop, and a Fire TV Stick to replace my several years old Roku. I also aquired gadgets or items to help me out around the house or car. I didn't go overboard with fashion accessories as the only one was the Berkshire blanket cape with pockets to keep me warm in the house. I also got that SunJoe tire inflator, etc. as my other one quit functioning. It is good to be able to set pressure and it shut off when it reaches that point. Let's not forget the Little Giant ladder.

I guess it is time to put on the spending brakes. I have the upcoming trip to Australia to consider but I've been putting money aside each month to pay for it. Money not seen is money not spent and I was amazed at how much I had in the safe for the trip. 

I know I definitely work on Tuesday but tomorrow and the other days are unknown at this point. We are ending our first semester with the Christmas break as we began school in early August.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. Is the item you are considering a need or a  want? If a want, do you have anything closely resembling it? If you had not seen it presented, would you have been shopping for it? At this time of the year, it is especially important to resist the magic words that lead us to making impulse purchases.

Enjoy!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, DEC. 16)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you are having warmer than normal temperatures.  It is mostly cloudy here, but not too cold on my walk this morning.  When you list all your purchases like that, it seems like a lot, but I know that many were replacing older versions which had provided a great cost per use.  Glad you have saved so much for your Australia trip, and I hope it is a great one.

I imagine you will have more sub opportunities this week, and I think it is probably good for you to have a bit of a Christmas break.  Most years when I was working I took off at least a week after Christmas.  And, it was a good break.

I received two e-mails from Q Customer Service yesterday afternoon, and they both said the same thing.  Apparently, my Kipling bag has made its way to Arizona, so I'm hopeful it is in tact and will reach me soon.  If it is not, both of them said there is no replacement so my order will be canceled.  Go figure.  

I saw a few clothing items presented yesterday that were tempting, but I realized that they were not something that I had thought about or even wanted before seeing them on TV, so I put them on the wishlist.  They will probably be deleted in time.  Meanwhile, my colander handle broke off, and I ordered a new one from Amazon.  So, I didn't get off with no purchases, but the colander was a need for me.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. it is DH's daughter's birthday, and she called yesterday afternoon.  She is a very nice person, and I appreciate her keeping in touch with me.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--It is great that DH's daughter is keeping in touch with you. Let's hope the Kipling bag makes its way to you despite the holdup  elsewhere on the shipping trail. The colander purchase is definitely a need and you can count on Amazon getting it to you quickly.

You are so right that the items I bought were replacing several years old products. It just happened that the prices were right for all of them so unless I kill them they won't be replaced for a few years. Yet, the cost does add up when all were purchased within a small window. I have to admit that I used easy pay on the electronics.

I'm off to do my usual afternoon Kindle reading.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello Jean @KonaKat  I think I've restrained myself this holiday season.  I bought the olive colored boots (from the Q) to match my parka that I bought (from JCP) and I ordered a grey knit cap with an embroidered design from an artist who used to work with Prince.

I've mentioned to the artist that I would sincerely order another cap if he did one in olive and the guy did respond, however I doubt it will go anywhere, lol.

I did look around for nice lined suede gloves (online and in store) and it appears to me that this is the year of synthetic material use in gloves.  

I have gloves to wear, I just could have used a new pair in grey.

Nothing is really moving me which I suppose is good financially for my bottom line.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  I joke that I use my kitchen to get from one end of the house to the other however even I recognize the value of a good colander.  I bought a silicone colander that folds or collapses down.  

It's lovely that your DH's daughter keeps in touch.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise