Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, DEC. 13)

Greetings, shopping friends. We are having another day of above average temperatures...my idea of Winter. Alas, next weekend will be a return to the normal dismal low temperatures.

I haven't looked at QVC today but I did see from the website the TSV. I don't need it, but I skimmed the questions and immediately wondered if these people look at pictures or read the description. The question was basically this: "What is a printed keyboard?" I guess the individual didn't see that the tablet came with a keyboard and a choice of a printed tablet or a solid tablet. The keyboard itself is solid.

I've been sorting some things while watching "House" thanks to Netflix streaming. I love that series but then I've always had a medical interest. It is also one of those series that is great to give hypochondriacs new symptoms to bring to their doctors.

I hope each of you has a great day. I'll be reading some more and then returning to sort, file, trash, etc.

If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, DEC. 13)

Good morning all and thanks to KK for starting us off this morning. It is also nearly 60 degrees here this morning, but raining steadily, temps are forecast to start dropping tonight and tomorrow, so we too will be back to cold again. I haven't turned on QVC today, no interest in a tablet, so no need to watch. "House" was a show I also enjoyed watching. I am having a hard time getting motivated today, so far have just straightened up and have laundry going. Will get moving here shortly though. Waves to everyone.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Hello, thanks for starting the thread Jean.

I just came back from grocery shopping.  I loved HOUSE, especially the early years.  It got kinda weird near the end.  I have ION TV on and one of their original Christmas movies is on.  They usually involve a couple falling in love around the holidays, ala Hallmark.

I doubt I will be able to tolerate it for long, lol.

It's warm here too - just too darn freaky for me.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Afternoon, mild here also, rain on & off, crazy weather

Laundry in progress, should run out for a hair cut, but my fingers are itching to get to the scissors, the back is a problem, might try it, can always wear a paper bag over my head  lol  for some reason or another I just hate appointments

Sadie is out in the yard on squirrel patrol so time to switch loads

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started Jean.  

It sounds like many of you are having warmer weather than we are here in Arizona.  It was only 30 degrees this morning when I got up, and I think our highs for the day are predicted to be in the mid 50's.  Cool weather is predicted for the week -- I'm so not a fan.   Yesterday it was cool/cold like this and cloudy/rainy, so the good part is that today is sunny. 

Hope you get your sorting done, Jean.  That seems to be one of those unending jobs for me.  

Good luck with getting things done there, snicks.  But, I hope you don't overdo.  One day at a time is a good slogan for household things as well as shopping constraint/wise choices.

Glad your grocery shopping done, Bernie.  You can send your warm weather back here to Arizona.

I did put an extra blanket on the bed last night, which was good except when I needed to get out of bed in the morning.  LOL

Yesterday wasn't very good for DH -- he had an accident, and he wasn't moving well.  Hopefully, today will be a better day for him, and for his caretaker (me -- LOL).

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny Susan, Marijane, LindaR, Charlene, Rosa, pinky ann, Barbara, spix, Karen, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

I was really rushing to get to church on time this morning, and it was pretty crowded since they had a choral presentation -- very good.  I'll be leaving for the gym in a little while, and I plan to pick up a few things from the grocery store after lunch.  Nothing else planned except the usual ironing and household stuff.  

I have started a new system when I try sweaters, shirts, pants, etc. on DH, and if they don't fit well, I immediately put them in a pile for recycling.  His closet is still quite full, but I am making progress, which is good.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

@spix wrote:

Afternoon, mild here also, rain on & off, crazy weather

Laundry in progress, should run out for a hair cut, but my fingers are itching to get to the scissors, the back is a problem, might try it, can always wear a paper bag over my head  lol  for some reason or another I just hate appointments

Sadie is out in the yard on squirrel patrol so time to switch loads

Just cut my hair, looks good if I do say so myself, the proof will be when I next blow dry it, have been not doing that unless I'm going out, trying to preserve color, damage, etc

btw @Bird mama 2 of my offspring are redheads, lucky you guys

Esteemed Contributor

Snicks--It is 71 degrees right now but the rain now taking place makes it feel cooler. I completely understand the motivation issue. I've lost steam despite more to do. I think Ilike the feeling of relaxing too much.

Bernie--I haven't watched too much holiday programming. The Halmark variety get too be a little too much "too perfect" for me or let's just call it "sickening sweet" at times. I like things a little bit more reality based.

Spix--Good job on doing your own haircut. I can't imagine what I would end up with if I did my own. A paper bag would definitely be in order for me.

Linda--It is hard to believe your temps are lower than ours. It sounds as if you have a good plan for handling DH's clothing. I'm not making much progress myself. Sometimes, I think the task is just overwhelming but as you said, "one day at a time" works well.

I do have the few Christmas gifts I give ready to go, so at least that is a goal accomplished today.  I made a goal of disposing of ten items today. I would say that I met that goal as I got rid of some mail and other things, but those are easy! I also cleaned the microwave.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found a 1999 version of A Christmas Carol starring Patrick Stewart.  Never saw this one before and it's better than one of those corny Christmas love stories.

Edited to correct the actor's last name.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Hi girls - It's another warm day - the temps have been similiar to those in Hawaii in winter, and that works for me!  It's overcast, though, but I have no plans to go anywhere. 

I did get a quote from the handyman company - they're out of their minds!  $300 + supplies for a two hour (max), non-technical job?  I don't think so!  I mean, I don't expect them to work for free, and I'm not opposed to a reasonable charge, but that's just plain GREEDY. Tomorrow I'm calling the community college and will talk to one of the HVAC instructors to see if he has a student who could use some Christmas money. 

We took a drive to Walmart yesterday to get my BOGO (with coupon) free hair color. They didn't have my color on one of the products, so we had to go to another Walmart where I also found two fleece shirts on clearance that are perfect for wearing around the house on - they're actually starting to getting spring clothing in!  Cat Surprised  I stopped at Dollar Tree, where I was surprised to see that most of the Christmas stuff is sold out; I guess they don't order as much as they used to, so they're not stuck with a lot at the end of the season. One more trip to Aldi in Georgia for eggs, and that's IT for shopping for the year. 

It looks like Amazon has credited me for the third defective Kindle Fire; I think I'm going to go with a Galaxy tablet, as it both has great reviews and is cheaper than the Kindle.  The TSV is far more than I can afford or would care to spend, even if I had the money to spare.

Spix, when I was old enough to know better (30s) I decided to trim the bangs that I had at the time.  Let's just say...lesson learned.  Cat Frustrated  Problem was I couldn't leave well enough alone, but kept cutting more and more to even them out; I ended up having to have them fixed professionally, and they were only about 1/2" long.

Oh, I loved House - although it was amazing how many of those weird diseases matched my symptoms!  Cat LOL

I can't stand the schmaltzy Christmas shows - the people who produce these things forget that many don't have families or even good memories they can look back on.  I did watch Tyler Perry's "A Madea Christmas" on Amazon - it's free on Prime this month - so I figured I could always turn it off, but it was quite good.  If you have Prime, check it out.

LindaL, sorry to hear about the setbacks with DH; I know how frustrating it gets.  ((( HUGS )))

I guess I'd better get to work; I need to get the purses and coats listed for sale to help pay for the duct repairs.

Hi to everyone - have a blessed evening!