Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, DEC. 1)

Good afternoon, shopping friends. It is a nippy but Sunny day here with the nasty weather passing to the North of us. As we enter December, this thought entered my mind: December is one month closer to Spring!!

Having been with QVC since the merger with CVN, I am amazed at all the easy pay offers of 6 payments. At one time, it was rare to have 5 easy pays and people looked forward to the day called "Easy Pay Day" in which everything was on 5 easy pays. Something tells me that using easy pay on low ticket items is useful only if you don't want to tie up your limit on a card whether it be debit or credit.

After the low cost item proves to be worth keeping, an effort should be made to pay off the remaining amount for the item. It is so easy for $5 a month for one item to multiply  into 20 items of $5 a month or $100. If it is easy for $5 easy pays to multiply, it is also easy for the $10 easy pays to multiply. For those who don't check, you can track how much you owe individually and for the month as a whole by clicking on the easy pay link on Order Status.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, DEC. 1)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  It is sunny, but cool here. 

It was only 34 degrees when I got up, so the heat was on.  I think the older I get the more sensitive I am to the cold.  I'm sure part of the issue is living in a location that is warm/hot much of the year.  Yesterday, I put away most of my sandals and brought out "regular" shoes.  It wasn't as big a deal as in the past because I didn't wear my sandals nearly as much as I did in the past due to wearing the compression stockings.

It should make it up into the 60's today and even warmer tomorrow.  That makes me happy.

Not sure if I mentioned it here, but the doctor who did my varicose vein procedure called me yesterday afternoon to see how I was doing.  I thought that was very nice of him.  I go for my follow-up visit with him tomorrow.

I was allowed to bathe today, so I got a look at my leg -- sort of looks like I have been in a battle at this point, but I think I can see some improvement already.  The difficult part was getting all the Ace bandages, etc. back on my leg.  Doing so almost made me late for church.

The easy pay thing here has gotten out of hand as far as I am concerned.  So many items with $5 or less easy pays, and then hosts suggesting you should buy multiples and have them on easy pay.  Yikes!  As I have mentioned before, I don't usually take advantage of easy pay, but do sometimes when I am not sure if I will like an item.  If so, I pay off the easy pay right then.

Since I am pretty restricted on the types of exercises I can do -- no elliptical or treadmill, etc., etc., I decided not to go to the gym today.  I am also supposed to limit my walking to 10-15 minutes at a time.  I may try to walk around the block this afternoon -- perhaps a couple of times.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--It is great that your doctor called to see how you were doing. I've had the doctor's nurse to call but not the doctor himself. I know that for someone who has been as active as you the restrictions following the vein surgery have to be difficult for you. 

On the easy pay thing, I ordered the 8 inch Echo Show and base from Amazon and was given the option to spread the payments out with no interest. I didn't do it, but if that had been the Q I probably would have done the easy pay. I think it comes down to what the merchant/business has as an expectation. Quite frankly, the Q, in the interest of increasing its sales, is making it too easy for people to overspend and face months of paying for Christmas. That is definitely not a jolly, ho ho! A $25 item with payments spread over six months is ridiculoius.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, I feel  the easy pay options are getting crazy now too Jean.  I remember when once in a blue moon they would be on 5 for much more expensive items.

I am am sure you leg will be improving in its looks day  to day Linda.......when d o you go back to the Drs?

It is not a nice day here,only 29 degrees and the snow now is coming down really fast ..I thought it was supposed to change over to rain......tomorrow they are saying more snow then rain too.....we will see.  

I had had put my vegetable beef soup on a few hours ago and it’s smelling good right about now.              Not much else going on......have a nice afternoon... Marijane

Honored Contributor

Hello, we're having a darker kind of overcast day with rain.  I was up at 6 am, again.  I went to bed earlier last night so at least I don't feel sleep deprived like I did yesterday.

Today is the viewing for my Aunt that passed away before Thanksgiving.  I picked my outfit out, including shoes and jewelry this morning.  It's a later evening, more limited viewing so once I eat dinner (should be out of the oven soon) I'll get myself and head over to the funeral home.

I was able to finish my decorating and tree before going to bed yesterday.  Even though I have lamps on when I add ornaments to the tree I usually re-assess the next morning.  I only shifted a couple of ornaments around today.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Bernie - I am sorry about your Aunt, my condolences.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

My follow-up visit with the doctor is tomorrow, Marijane. 

Hope things went okay at your Aunt's viewing, Bernie.