Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, AUGUST 1)

Hi Everyone!

I can't believe it's August so soon.  I'm still weeding the gardesn so I think Fall may be a bit late this year. This past week we actually had tomatoes to pick so we were pleased. You just never know with my camo thumb what if anything is going to grow. 

I did watch part of the Sunday D&Co program. There were a few items that tempted me but I'm still in the final declutter, donate or toss state with the closet. I'm happy to be this far on that project. Soon I hope to start with the cedar closet and the holiday storage room.

I did order the white wreath and swag yesterday. I've had the while BL garlands for many years and have been waiting for it's return. Since all those trees are gone I want to have a larger display in the living room window. This should finish off that space and be an easy setup and take down. 

It's in the low 80's today so YIPPEE!  I may so some weeding on the front side garden and hillside. That area always seems to need attention. It's on my "to do" list for next season. This year's list is entirely too long. 

My car appointment is Friday for two recalls and some regular upkeep. It's always a guessing game with what really should be done since the driving is reduced this year. Hopefully, this is the last of the recalls for the Crosstrek. Crossing my fingers.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, AUGUST 1)

Fressa--Thank you for starting the thread. Your temps are the same as ours. I didn't watch the Denim & Co. program but I did order a wide leg SG pair of pants from "As Is."  The savings was dramatic enough to entice me to try "As Is once again. I had two prior purchases from "As Is" that were fine. I basically wanted these pants for orthopedic appointments as the pants would permit easy access to my knee which answers the question of why do I want to buy this? Is it a good reason?

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

KomKat--I totally understand the type of pant for the knee.  That's how I got hooked on leggings, etc. because of the support around that entire area. I need the opposite of what I'm guessing you require. It's just one more thing that you don't have to think about or remember what you are doing that particular day.  I'm glad that you are having good luck with your "as is" purchases.  

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Glad your weather is nice and great about the tomatoes.  Really miss fresh tomatoes like I had from my gardens in Maryland, but they are very, very difficult to grow here. 

Hope you like the new wreath and swag.  I thought they were very pretty, but managed to hold off on ordering.  I saw part of both Denim & Co. shows, and avoided purchasing anything.  Tempting to be sure.  I did end up ordering some WWC pants from eBay.  This vendor doesn't charge for S&H and often accepts a slightly lower price if you ask.  Long story short, the pants cost less than $14 (with tax), and I know they work since I have a couple of other pairs.  They are not a legging, but definitely slim pants.  They have pockets which make them practical for my walks, around the house, etc.  I am considering taking them on my Utah trip in September.

Glad you were able to find those pants at a good price, Jean.  I remember needing wide-legged pants when I had my varicose vein procedures, and that motivated me to get a pair.  Generally, I am not a fan of wide legs for me, but they were great.  Hope the ones you ordered work well for you.

It is mostly sunny and pretty hot here today (mid 90's for the high).  No rain is expected for the next few days at least.  It was a little hot on my walk this morning, but not too bad.  I went to the gym after church, and I know I'm getting stronger, but I have a long way to go. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hey Fressa @Fressa   I finally got my recall notice from Nissan over some latch on the hood of the car that fails and your hood can fly up when you least expect it.  I think it's the secondary latch.  Should I make an appointment, yea.  Do I wanna make an appointment, hel* to the no, to the no no no.  I'm still not right over an oil change taking me 3 1/2 hours and I had an appointment for that too. 

With the notice that the hood latch part came in. they slipped in a letter that rear lower suspension links on some vehicles are failing, rofl.  For that they are extending the warranty and additional 84 months beyond the 36 month original warranty on that part.  They are expanding mileage to unlimited.

One would think they would stress test important pieces like this as part of vehicle development. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  I've had good luck with AS IS jewelry purchases in the past.  I hope your new slacks meet your expectation.  

Honored Contributor

Wow, that's a great price for the WWC slacks Linda @LindaLatte 

Esteemed Contributor

BirdMama---Rear parts falling off and a hood that options when the spirit moves it.  You just gotta love it. Honestly, I've never had recalls on my previous other Subarus but this one has had 5 or 6 and the hubby['s I think its 2 or 3. Quality control must be out to lunch on most of these car makers. I book the appointment for the day and signed up for the shuttle. I think they still want to keep people from using the waiting room.  None of appointments have run on the time estimates given. That drives me crazy. Good luck with your car appointment. Good perk that they are giving extra years on the warranty. Still no offer on the Subaru.