Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, AUG. 23)

Jean I'm glad you have some goodies headed your way. A cold front blew in the other day and it was lovely at 80·

Twinny, your getaway sounds lovely!

I think i am about ready, will be nice to get on the road and get some sun exercise and pool time.
Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

Marijane - I discovered that the forum asterisks out objectionable words.  Did you try to say that the weather was n ip py?

Barbara - it sounds like you and Sydnie are having a wonderful time in Hawaii.

Arlene - I ended up ordering two pair of pants, the plum sweater, a white top and 9 pair of ladies gold toe patterned dress crew socks (lol).  I'm one of those people who believes that yes, the Lord says turn the other cheek.  On the other hand, I see no biblical reference to being someone's punching bag :-)  I've forgiven many things - doesn't mean I forgot them and will allow myself to be put in the position again.  God Bless You for everything that you do for the military.  The cuddling birds are beautiful.

Kathleen, are you pretty much set to take root somewhere?  Some of the lingo in your post I don't understand.  Today I can blame it on old age.  Just today (wink).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Polar White Paisley Print Textured Top

St. John's Bay® 3/4-Sleeve Paisley Print Textured Knit Top - Tall

Zip Pocket Twill Pants (oregano and maroon)

a.n.a® Zip-Pocket Twill Pants

a.n.a® Zip-Pocket Twill Pants

Cardigan in Plum

Stylus™ Long-Sleeve Button-Front Cardigan - Tall

Crazy socks (lol)

Gold Toe® 3-pk. Dress SocksGold Toe® 3-pk. Dress Socks

Gold Toe® 3-pk. Crew Socks

Everything was on sale. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Bernie: Happy Birthday to you!!!

Kathleen: sending you hugs!!!! And some purpleness!!!!

There were ten of us at dinner last night. Had avacado egg rolls and Godiva endend chocolate cheesecake. Didn't want to order a huge entree. Brought half of the cheesecake home

My friend still works at the same agency that I spent 30 yrs working at. Rehab alouugh many name changes and focus changes. She went to a seminar last week. One of the presenters talked about music and Alzheimer's patients. Two profiled were a lady early onset (55). She didn't recognize her DH or family. Music sparked some memory. However the results didn't last much past 30 minutes after the music ended. The other was a fella who was wheelchair bound and non responsive. His jazz triggered some memory.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--A nice selection of clothes; you have great taste. What a great way to celebrate your birthday.

LindaR--That is interesting info on the use of music with alzheimers patients. Music therapy has been proven to be very effective.

I actually ended up going to the city to see a friend who was not feeling well and had to have hip surgery postponed because of heart issues.

I work this week, so I won't be checking in until the evening hours. I hope each has a very rewarding week.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.