Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, AUG. 23)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. Today is a very cool day, one more typical of Fall. We just haven't had much of a Summer based upon temperatures alone.

I had no plans for a Q purchase today, but when I checked my email I saw that I was being thanked for an order. When I checked, it was for an auto delivery of the Squirrel Brand collection of 48 Bags of the Town & Country Mix. I love these individual serving bags which are very full and so tasty. This is one surprise purchase I don't regret. I have already posted the amount into my budget program for the monthly accounting.

Part of me had an urge to get out and make a run to the city but I had no real need except an urge to eat out at a good restaurant. The financial side of me said that it was a waste of money to drive over 120 miles round trip just to eat out, so here I am. I work four days this coming week, so perhaps sitting at home and watching "Mystery Diagnosis" and similar programs might be a good idea.

I saw that Bernie has a birthday today. I want to take this opportunity to wish her a very happy birthday and many more. I also hope that the tropical storm brewing in the Pacific does not create too many problems for Barbara and family as they enjoy beautiful Maui. I also wish our readers and posters a happy day; it is always time to focus upon the positives we experience.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, AUG. 23)

Happy Birthday, Bernie!  Hope you have another fun day.  Sounds like your sister adventures were a lot of fun.

Thanks for getting us started, Jean.  It was surprisingly cool this morning (low 70's), but not exactly Fall weather.  However, we are expecting temperatures in the 90's today.  Hope your cooler than normal summer doesn't lead to a cooler than normal winter.  I know how much you enjoy the hot weather.  Glad you like your snacks so much.  Too bad you won't have an enjoyable meal out, but that drive and the expense are good reasons not to indulge.

Fingers crossed that things will go smoothly today.  If so, I'll be going to church and then the gym.  We had a nice walk this morning.

My handyman didn't call back about installing the shower head and the grab bars, but hopefully he will sometime this week.  If not, I'll probably try a different person.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Marijane, Susan, snicks, Charlene, Barbara, LindaR, Charlene, Rosa, pinky ann, Gayle, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice Sunday everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Valued Contributor

Hello All,

I haven't been on in awhile and had to really think about my password LOL. 

Happy Birthday Bernie!

I am wathing Hallmark movie channel today and tidying up my office.  I have been dealing with a cold the last couple of days but today feel a smidge better.

Last weekend I took a trip to see my son, DIL and grandson.  The weekend was very full and I must admit I have to catch my breath a little when I get home.  My grandson is very busy, he is a little over 2 years old.

That is it on this end. 

Have a good weekend to all.

Honored Contributor

Jean - thanks for getting us started today.  I'm sitting in my office, listening to the outside birds (lovely) and cicada bugs (making a racket).  I know it's some kind of non-cricket bug, lol.  It's been a relaxing day, probably because I know I don't have to go to work tomorrow (rofl). 

I've been moving stuff around in my online cart at JCP for the past couple of hours.  I didn't put that many items in there, however I'm still thinking, do I really need a plum colored cardigan?

LindaL - I hope things go smoothly for you and that you will be able to attend church and the gym.  It's good that you and DH enjoyed your walk this morning.

Gayle - hello and long time no see :-)  When I kicked cable to the curb, one of the channels I missed most was the Hallmark Channel.  My great nieces are 4, and going on 4.  They are calming down a little, however my eldest niece is nearly ready to deliver another child so I know I'll be exposed to the high energy of a two year old in no time.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies.....Happy Birthday to you Bernie....hope you have a wonderful day!

It's a sunny day here,this morning looked like rain but the sun broke thru.  I can feel a little ****** in the air early in the mornings for the past few days.......can't believe these months flew by.         Twinny have a great mini vacation....the carriage ride sounds wonderful.   I hope Maui doesn't get that tropical storm Barbara.

Not really much going on.....hope everyone has a great day........Marijane

Trusted Contributor

I guess I used a wrong word about the air..so I will use chill in the early mornings.

Respected Contributor

Happy, happy Bernie. May your day be joyous.

the heat and humidity are pretty outstanding here, caused by the storm blocking the trade winds.,we have been in the water most days. The latest projections are for it to hit, after we leave on Wednesday night.

jean, enjoy your cooler weather. I am looking forward to cooler weather also.

linda, hope you can get your handy man moving.

(((((((hugs)))))🐸🐸🐸

Esteemed Contributor

JEAN, It is sunny & 70 today & will be that nice most of the week. Your Town & Country sounds very good. It would make one think about going out to eat when you have a good distance each way. I hope that you have a good 4 days at school too. BIRD MAMA, Happy Birthday to you & many more to come. A plum colored cardigan is a must buy. My favorite colors! LL, I hope that you have a good day today & can get the handy man to install the shower head & the safety bars. GAYLE, How nice that you could see your DS, DDIL & little boy. Yes, they do keep us busy. Hope that you are feeling better soon. MARIJANE, Have a fun day. I enjoy chilly mornings & 70's for highs. SYDSGMA, It sounds like you will be lucky to miss the storm. It should be real nice when you get back to MN. dH & I went to church today & had a light lunch at Taco Bell. We have some friends coming up here soon to show us the new Acadia that they bought two weeks ago. He likes big vehicles with all the bells & whistles. DH & I are leaving for the Amish country in IN. We will be getting a horse & buggy ride from the Amish farmer that lives across & then staying the night at a nice bed & breakfast. Where we will stay Tues. & Weds. nights is yet to be determined. We are kind of winging this trip by ear. I don't think that I will have internet accessibility until we get home on Thursday evening. Then we will have company Friday night from PA. My MIL will be celebrating her 90th birthday a little early. One of my BIL's is having a big pool party again this year on Saturday, so that will be her BIG day. Off to pack my bags. Hugs to all of you.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  I woke to pouring rain, but the sun is peeking out.  I'd like to get out of the house but don't know what I want to do - Jean's idea of eating out sounds good.  Funds are low, but I could probably manage a chicken parm sub...

Happy birthday, Bird!  Listen, Grayson sent me an email (Lots of misspellings, but what do you expect from a bird-brain?) and said he'd like to get you that plum cardigan for your birthday if you'll "loan" (ha!) him the money!  Cat Wink

Bird, the way my former friend's sister knowns what's going on is they live together, along with a third sister and a deadbeat nephew whom the former friend is an enabler of - he's a real loser who can't hold a job, has been arrested, etc. and she spends what little money she has on him.  The sisters don't want him there (he's the son of one of their brothers), but former friend originally rented the house, so apparently she makes the rules as to who can live there. The entire situation is a mess, and I decided I don't need the drama; the latest from the sister is she posted on my wall that I HAVE to forgive the ditz because the Bible says to forgive "70 X 7" and her sister hasn't offended me nearly that many times!  (roll eyes)  A little out-of-context Scripture in the hands of an ignoramous is a dangerous thing!  Cat LOL She also said I should understand that her sister is "a child of the 60s" so she's sort of a free spirit. Whoopee!!!  So was I, but...I GREW UP, something her sister apprently hasn't done. Cat Mad  I've really had enough, and have decided that for my own peace of mind I may have to block the nutty sister as well.  Since she posts her nonsense on my wall I just posted this on hers, along with the message that, "This is my final word on the subject, now DROP IT."  If she persists, I'll just block her.

Thanks for listening to me vent.  Cat Wink

Once again, Jean, I wish you lived closer...we could go out to dinner.  I just remembered I have leftover Kung Po spaghetti in the refrigerator, but...it's past its prime at over a week old. Cat Frustrated

I got an email from my chaplains' support group; a chaplain's assistant is asking for help, as on one of the large bases in the ME they're planning a "Ladies Night" for the females from all the branches of service - they're even planning to decorate the bus that will bring them all to the party site.  She's asking for donations of everything from snacks to toiletries to all kinds of "girly" things. Money is tight but I figured I could find at least a couple of unopened toiletry items that I haven't used and maybe a few things from my gifts box (I pick up cute things when I find them), and was surprised to see how much I could put together - I can probably fill two large boxes...more, if I add books, which are one of the requested items. Anyway, since Dollar Tree is so military friendly I'm thinking of going over and asking the manager if they'll donate some stuff; the party is on September 26.

Good to "see" you again, Gayle; hope you've been doing well.

Twinny, I've always wanted to see Amish country, but have never gotten around to it.  If you like the culture and enjoy reading, check out the novels by Beverly Lewis - they're excellent with some fascinating plot twists that really keep you guessing.

Marijane, I'm trying to figure out what word you used that was censored. Cat Frustrated

I did make it out to the pool for a couple of hours of reading yesterday; I'm glad I did, as after a while another big rain storm moved in. 

Well, I have to call the technician from the ISP who has been so helpful; my main purpose is to find out when he's working this week, as I've been promising to bring him cupcakes, but I'm hoping he can tell me how to transfer everything from the old laptop to the new.  I did make backups of my pictures and documents on a flash drive, but there's all the other stuff...

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hello friends! Happy happy birthday Bernie!! I can sometimes entertain myself filling a cart then deleting or walking away for a while. That is one trick i developed here on qvc. I remember when i would relate my wish list every day! Can't remember the last time i looked.

Church was good this morning. DD is of to Austin to meet her best friend for a while. I just have shirts and jewelry to go now and sometime keeps "helping" me. I think we are both just managing a bit of low level anxiety. We put the slide in so i bet he's feeling better. Took the old couch and bookshelf to drop off and they had bars across the driveway. Found a place to drop the couch and the book case is in the burn pile.