Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, AUG. 14)

[ Edited ]

Twinny--Your outing sounded fabulous. I have such a weakness for cheesecake, so being good at that food fest would have been difficult for me especially when shrimp and meatballs are available.

Arlene--I hope you are keeping cool in the pool. If you are wanting something new to read while lounging in it, try the book "Brainrush" which is currently free at Amazon. Publisher's Weekly really liked it, and the second in the series was #1 for 10 months at Amazon.

Essie--I am ready for a warm Autum and a warm Winter. I was tempted to go to the city today for "entertainment" but since I had no need to shop, I thought it might be a waste, especially since I was there Thursday. Those 3 hour round trips on the road alone do take gasoline.

I spent the afternoon finishing a Kindle book while listening to Alexa (the Echo) play a shufflling of my Prime Music.  I also laid out my clothes for tomorrow as I sub tomorrow.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Thanks for getting us started, Jean.  It is always good to remember the "wants" versus "needs" advice.  Hope you enjoy your new SG top and the IT cosmetics item.

Waves to meallen, snicks (sorry about your lack of sleep), Barbara, Essie, Arlene, twinny (what a great party), Kathleen, Susan, Marijane, Bernie, Karen, Gayle, Charlene, Rosa, pinky ann, butterfly, LindaR, and all of our posters and readers.

I slept better last night -- thank goodness.  I thought maybe wearing the Fitbit was causing some of my problem with sleeping, so I did not do so last night.  I did wake up a couple of times, and one time it suddenly occurred to me that DH has two dressers, and one could be taken to the facility.  So, this morning I have been starting to empty it out and decide what to keep, donate, or trash.  I will need to find someone to take it and the lift chair to the facility, and I may ask the painter if he knows someone.

I went to church, came home and changed and went to the gym, and then stopped by to see DH.  He was alert, and we walked around the building several times.  I am happy he seems to be doing so well.

When I started thinking about the dressers, I realized that I could donate the other one (once I figure out to do with all the things in it), and then I can think about what types of furniture I would like in the room.  I know that I would like a new desk since this was a cheap one (used) that has seen better days.  So, when I go to the thrift store(s) next, I'll be looking at desks, etc.  I may consider a sofa bed or something for visitors.  I expect his daughter and son will want to visit sometime.

It is hard for me not to push myself to "get it done now", but I am trying to take it easy.  One day at a time. slow and study needs to be my motto for sure.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hello all, short of going grocery shopping this afternoon, I've been obsessed with getting the details of my tattoo right.  It takes all day when you don't have any artistic talents, lol.

Humidity is still not gone, keeping my fingers crossed it will move on over night.  

@FunkyHulaGirl

Thanks for explaining what Lincoln was doing with the little dress. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.  For a bird?  That's different :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama, do you know yet when you will be getting your tattoo? It's exciting.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--It is great that you are now sleeping better and that DH is adjusting also. His dresser being available there will help make it even more like home. Taking it slow is a godo idea.

Bernie--Be sure to show us the tatoo when it is finally done.

I don't know where the weekend went. All I know is that work is looming and it just seems as if I just left. I'm one of those rare birds that actually likes working but that is because I have the ability to say "no" to it if I should desire, as well as choosing what I do. Working with people and students is far more rewarding to me.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

There is a body art thread in Among Friends.  I told the story there, lol.  First draft rendering was nowhere near what I wanted, so I am trying desperately to mock it up myself.  I get these ideas in my head that sometimes don't translate into the real world.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Hello friends!  DH turns 60 today.  I bought him a hatch pepper plant that is producing several very large peppers. He really doesn't like me spending money on him - I was going to get him/me a nice pot since I gave all my good plant/pots away both times that we moved, but he will enjoy this much more.

I did get overwhelmed with the house today.  Little piles of projects here and there.  I remembered how fun things were when I was drinking (reality check there - NOT) and had to calm myself down.  I cleaned/decluttered the corner of my bedroom until walking through made me feel calm and happy.  I worked on a couple other areas a bit and made sure to get some couch time too. 

DH fried fish and shrimp and it was delicious! Now it's time to lay out clothes.  I have Saturday off this coming weekend and that will be nice.  We are going to see my Mom, DH's "mom-ish" friend, and litttle DD's best friend.  I think the next day off I have NEXT week will be a LindaR day.  Hugs to all!

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Birthday to your DH, Kathleen!  I knew you were younger, but I did not realize how much younger you are.  Glad you enjoyed dinner and were able to make a calming space.  Your Saturday plans sound nice.