Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, APRIL 8)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny but nippy day. Hopefully, Spring will eventually arrive.

I've been sorted things and shredding. I do this whenever motivation strikes. I'm actually watching a fashion show on HSN while doing this. The background "noise" is better than that of Serta on the Q. 

I did place an SG top on Wish List for future consideration. There is also one on clearance I like but a $10  price cut isn't that much of a clearance price.

I have a cardiology appointment tomorrow in the city. I plan to meet a friend for lunch. It is also a great time to drop things off at the donation center, so I have the trunk of the car loaded with some items. I decided to part with some quality handbags that were used but not within the past year. Whoever gets them will get great bags in still great condition.

When I see what is going out, I think of "resistance is not futile," when tempted by a new item. Again, I need to remind myself if I need the item.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

Spring.jpg

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, APRIL 8)

Hello Ladies..  it's a nice day here too Jean,lower 40's but sunny and no wind....I think for this coming week it will be in 50's so maybe we have turned the corner and spring will be coming.  I hope you have good results with your cardiologist apt tomorrow...my DH goes to his on Wednesday.  Have a nice lunch with your friend.   I have a few bags to donate myself....I did do the Lent 40 days donation  with clothing items,some shoes and pocket books.  I could probably go thru some more stuff since I haven't gotten my spring/ summer items out and I know there will some things I did not wear last year so out they will go.

Linda I have seen that SG dress you bought several times and I really do like it....I am keeping it in mind if ever I have a place to wear it to!   I hope your DH is doing well in his sitting in his wheel chair and also those booties  you ordered for him work well for him. 

Not much else going g on here I do hope the weather people are right about the upcoming temps this week.  Yankees will be coming on at 1pm so that's what I will be doing this afternoon.....         Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--Good job on the Lenten donation challenge. I considered it but didn't follow through. Yet, I have plenty to go.  I do hope the temps and weather permit for a good Yankees game and that DH has a successful cardiology appointment. Both would make for a super week.

I'm watching In The Kitchen With David (minus David) but am getting ready for my usual two hours of afternoon reading. Then, I might be energized to do some more sorting, etc.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Right now, it's 44 degrees here, partly cloudy.  I was going through the built in bookcases/closed shelving on either side of the fireplace and purged some items out of there.  Dumb stuff, like the box from the portable DVD player that I bought from the Q in 2013.  I guess I thought it was a good idea to keep the box in case the item needed to be returned.

See, this is my problem - I have a place for everything and everything has a place, lol.

I hooked up the sony shelf system that was delivered earlier this week.  I know it sounds nutty however I give thought to the first music I play on any new audio equipment/device.  Because I hooked up the turntable and because it's been far too long since an actual record has been played in my house, I decided on Roberta Flack, original 45 of The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face.

Most of the vinyl I have belonged to my husband so as Roberta made me cry like only Roberta can, I smiled and thought of my husband - in a good way, not a melancholy way.

I can say, hands down, best money I've spent in a long time.  Total cost $224 but that included some RCA cables and a pre-amp for the turntable.  

If you are in the market for a small stereo that doesn't take up alot of room, is easy to hook up and packs a punch sonically, I recommend

Sony CMTSBT100 Micro Music System with Bluetooth and NFC

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Marijane @Genny1  I did the Lenten challenge too.  I only came up with 12 nice items (one of them was an oryany leather handbag) to donate.  I did find 12 items to discard.  

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Good job on the shredding, and good luck with your cardiologist.  Enjoy lunch tomorrow.  It is another warm/hot day here -- should reach the upper 80's or higher for the next few days.  They are predicting cooler temperatures (low 80's) on Thursday and Friday.  I'm fine with the warmer than normal weather this time of the year (not so much when it is above 100, but....)  It is a bit windy, but that feels good.

I enjoyed seeing some of your London photos on FB, Jean.  

Good for you completing the Lenten challenge, Marijane.  I didn't think the dress looked "formal", but I'll find out for sure when it arrives.  I have three sleeveless dresses that I wear often in the warmer weather (which we have a lot of).  One is from Wal-Mart, one from a discount store, and one is from Linea.  While I do wear them with "shrugs" to church, I think they are casual enough to wear to my volunteer job, bookclub meetings, etc.  I was thinking that I might wear the new one to the graduation ceremony (community college) for a couple of my "grands".  One already graduated in December, but they did not have a ceremony then.  And, the other should be graduating earlier in May.  I have purchased plane tickets and made hotel reservations for the trip (to Maryland), and I'm hoping it all goes as planned.  I do worry about being away from DH, but I have not visited DD and family since last June, and I really want to do so.

Thanks for the recommendation for the audio system, Bernie.  While I don't think that I'll need one, I will keep the information just in case.  I used to have a Sony system which I enjoyed very much.

I'm back from church which was less crowded than last week, but still pretty full.  And, I'll go to the gym soon.  I wore a SG top this morning, and decided that it will be added to the donation pile.  While I loved the print, it was pretty low cut, and my ugly (in my opinion) neck was just too prominent.  I'm sure someone else will love it.  I do have a large box of things to donate, but I want to wash the top before I add it to the pile.  

I don't know why thinning out my wardrobe is so difficult for me, but I am working on it.

Thanks for your wishes about DH.  I hope he is happy again today.  What a sweet man.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

I don't think the dress looks formal Linda...in fact I think it would look great with a Jean jacket....especially the red one....I forgot what color you got.  I am just wondering if it would be too long for me...you will have to let us know about it when you receive it.     Marijane.

Honored Contributor

I agree with you about the dress Marijane @Genny1  

With a shrug and some heels, you could go out in it.  With a jean jacket and some keds gym shoes, you could be casual with it.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, I misunderstood, Marijane.  I ordered the red.  I am not very tall (5'3"), but I do like dresses to cover my knee.  Hopefully, this will not be too long or short.  Another concern is the  arm holes that can be too big or small.  It is "in process" so I guess it will be a while before I can report back.  But, I will be sure to do so.

I forgot to say that the story about your choice of music for your new equipment was very touching, Bernie.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I've done the same thing with some boxes. I found a box that once contained a former laptop which I had kept only because it was said to keep it in case the laptop needed to be shipped.

Linda--Thank you for the comment on the pics. I'm posting a few at a time. I don't buy anything sleeveless anymore. As you said, often there is a problem with armhole size. Thinning out the wardrobe is difficult for me also. I got the grey/pink Denim & Co. top to replace the one we both had. I didn't realize how the old one had faded. It wasn't much but there was a definite difference when compared.

I was reading when I heard a loud noise that didn't stop. I can't believe it but the lawn person showed up today to do the lawn.