Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, APRIL 30)

Good morning, shopping friends. I am feeling great after a good night's sleep. The beautiful sunshine and temps predicted to be near 90 today make for a wonderful Sunday.

I'm not much of a gardener, but I see that my daylilies are springing forth. I had read that some do these in containers so mine are in containers this time. I have my veggies to plant. I just do a small venture using red cherry tomatoes, yellow cherry tomatoes, a sweet pepper plant and basil, etc. M53256 is what I ordered for use this time. I had done a similar thing once before and it worked well and was just the right amount for me.

I may get that Bliss rocker that was featured this morning to add to my deck. I have the Bliss recliners and they work well and are now about 2 or 3 years old

I loved the D&C lamb leather jacket that was  half priced but it wasn't available in the color I would have wanted.

Linda--Health care facilities can be a challenge and most people working there are caring individuals. I have a friend who was in the same hospital that I was for my cardiac ablation. I loved the care and service. She maintains it was horrible and that she constantly had some old man coming in her room and messing with her things. She said she had complained to the staff and was told that she was hallucinating as that did not occur. Her brother said that he had been there during one of the alleged incidents and that it did not happen. She still maintains that the events did happen and resents being told she was hallucinating from the drugs given her. If you want to try veggie gardening, I would suggest the patio approach for you.

Twinny--It sounds as if you are having a wonderful trip. You deserve it very much.

Bernie--Hope you are feeling better. The weekend is not a time to be ill when you have fun things planned.

Others--Hope you are having a great weekend and that you have your goals set for the day. Smiley Happy

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, APRIL 30)

Image result for goodbye april hello may

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you are having beautiful, warm weather, and you got a good nights sleep.  It was pretty cool when I got up this morning (mid 40"s), but should get up to 80 degrees here today.  Yesterday, it was cooler than normal for a change.  

Interesting story about your friend.  One of the residents in DH's facility has hallucinations, and they can be quite frightening.  Sorry she can't accept that she had them.

I would definitely use containers if I had a vegetable garden.  I have been growing basil and rosemary that way for years.  The soil here is not suitable for most vegetables.  Glad your daylilies are sprouting.  Hope you like the rocker if you order it

Nice graphic, meallen.

Wonder if any of our posters have tried the eye vitamins offered on the other channel or a different brand.  I am considering a purchase, but I am skeptical about their effectiveness.  Certainly sound good.

Leaving for my walk soon, and I'll be going to church and visiting DH later.  Not much exciting, but I like the quiet day.

Hope Bernie continues to feel better and twinny continues to enjoy her vacation.  Belated Happy Birthday to your DH, twinny. 

Have a nice Sunday everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

HEllo Ladies. I hope your veggies turn out as well as your last ones did Jean.  I have day lilies from Cottage farms I planted years ago and they still looks great..if the deer don't get to them first!  I think during the winter months I would take the pots in to protect them from freezing...mine are in the ground.

Nice graphic Meallen,April sure went fast!

I have never used eye vitamins so no help there Linda ...maybe reading the reviews  would help you a little....or asking your eye doctor what he thinks of them.

Twinny sounds like a nice vacation hope you continue to have a great time!

Bernie  hope you are feeling better today and can get out .

More clouds than sun today after a beautiful day yesterday,high 80's....today we are 30 degrees cooler!

Charleen hope your heartburn has been cleared up....I was thinking about you yesterday when Inwent to buy lemons...79cents for one...I love lemons on my food/veggies and thought wow Charleen can just go out and pick her own....they probably taste a lot better too!

Have a nice day everyone.......Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Love the graphic! It just seems like yesterday that we were greeting the month of April. The month of May will fly by also, so we will try to make the most of each day.

Linda--I  have not tried the eye vitamins so I have no personal insight into that.  I just concentrate upon taking a good multi-vitamin plus Omega 3 vitamin gummies. Quiet days are good; enjoy your visit with DH.

Marijane--I had beautiful daylilies from Cottage Farms but only two are left and those were not in their best form last year. The deer like them as well as the ground moles, so I decided to use the pots this year. I used to have great luck with flowers.

I really need to replace the patio mats so I may go that direction instead of buying the Bliss rockers. Still debating.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone - no new fashion for me today.  I was shopping with my DS yesterday and fell in love with a top at Target, but they didn't have my size, nor was it in stock online, so I guess it wasn't meant to be.  Jean - hope your daylillies and other gardening ventures do well.  The Bliss rocker sounds nice.  Linda - the variety of tomatoes I grow here are a hybrid called Heatwave 2 from Burpee.  I have to grow them from seed.  Burpee brags about how the plants will set tomatoes even up to 99 degrees, lol.  Well, I know for a fact that they'll also produce up to 110 degrees, as that can be our summer temperature.  I can grow cherry tomatoes too, as they tolerate our desert-like climate too.  Sorry about the situation at the health care facility.  Like Jean, I think the situations can be odd.  Sometimes a resident can be telling the truth about abuse and nobody believes them.  Other times residents have dementia and are unintentionally saying all kinds of inflammatory stuff.  Good to use caution.  Meallen - cute pictures you gift us with each day!  Marijane - thanks for reminding me about the lemons, lol.  I still have them on my kitchen counter, as I haven't gotten around to juicing them yet.

Speaking of gardens - what's blooming in your yard?  I have: Euryops Daisies, Cape Plumbago, Potato Bush, Bougainvillea, Green Cloud Sage, Russian Sage, Lantana, Fortnight Lillies, Daylillies, Iris, Cape Honeysuckle, Regular Honeysuckle, Bottlebrush, Rosemary, Geraniums, Hollyhocks, Allysum, and some misc. succulents/cacti.  I may have forgotten something.  Sure looks pretty though.

Yesterday I took my DS shopping and bought him a few more clothes for when he goes off to grad school.  I bought a cute pop-up card to send to my DD, and when I got home and took it out of the package, I found that it was broken and missing the most important piece.  Now I need to decide if it's worthwhile driving back to exchange it.  So annoying when that happens.  My DS has been working on getting my desktop computer repaired.  Hope that task gets completed today.  

Waves to everyone!  ~  Charlene

Edited to add: I have not tried eye vitamins either Linda, so I cannot give any input.

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte  I've been using Lessman's Ultimate Eye for years.  I take them every other day and feel like I am doing something for my eyes.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hello all - my only excitement today was doing the grocery shopping Woman Wink

I wore a winter cap and coat since it's cooler and damp out here today. Eyes are almost clear and I will continue with the drops until they run out. I'm convinced Augmentin is a wonder drug.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Charlene--I do hope the daylilies do find. I've had some perrenials to survive the Winter when planted ini pots. If they don't, then I will consider it an experiment. Some annuals are as expensive and just have one season of blooming. That is a bummer about the card. After looking at your list of garden beauties, I think Philip Watson might hire you to  help him present the garden delights.

Bernie--Glad the drug is working for you, as well as the Lessman product for the eyes. Soon you will be finding another shoe buy!

I just returned from the drugstore where I picked up a prescription. I made a mistake of going down the aisle that had garden accents, etc. so I came home with a solar lit cat with a welcome sign on him.

I work every day this coming week, so I need to be thiking about what I'm wearing this week. I did pull out a pair of Vionic sandals for tomorrow.

I just saw a blurb on CNN about how reading extensively can help promote longevity. Off to Amazon to see what books I can download under the Kindle Unlimited program. I just finished one to be returned. Tomorrow, the Kindle First books will be revealed, so I will be able to get a paid  book free in advance of its being sold on Amazon. These  usually run about $5 if bought when put up for sale. I try to get every benefit of my Prime membership to make it cost effective.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I plant yellow cherry tomatoes & red grape tomatoes & one other larger tomato type.  I planted the day !lilies a long time ago.

My DH takes an eye vitamin once a day for over 50, but he is napping so I don't know what it is, but it was recommended by his brother (our eye Dr.).

We ate lunch at a nice Chinese restaurant & then spent time on the beach.  We had a down pour for about 20 minutes & it went from 77° to 71° & then back up 77°.

We are in Hurricane Mill's (Loretta Lynn's) hometown.  We are going to her gift shop soon & then we will visit her childhood home & her ranch tomorrow.  We were there last year, but I lost the pictures so I am retaking them tomorrow.

It will be in the 80's & rain here & there all week.  Yesterday we either got sunburned or wind burn.  I tried to avoid the sun, but it was very windy & it felt great.

Our DS & his wife were on a beach in ME today & it was 80° & back to the 50's tomorrow.  I am glad that he is back to work after being off two weeks with Shingles.

I am doing well, but we don't go real far each day.  No cooking & no cleaning helps too.  lol.

I try to read when I can, but I am not always able to get on to the Internet.

Hugs to all of you.