Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME(SUNDAY, APRIL 29)

Good afternoon, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day with temps around 50. We have freeze warnings issued for tonight with temps expected to drop into the 20s.

I see that my Carol Hochman TSV pajamas have shipped. May will soon be here with hopefully few temptations.   Need versus want? I'm trying to save for a big trip next year, so those small purchases that soon go forgotten have a knack of adding up.

I used to keep a spreadsheet of all my expenditures. I think I will return to doing that. It isn't the big purchases that go forgotten; it is the smaller purchases such as "$20 bill alert" and less that add up.

I have to admit that I am a PTR fan so time will tell what I will do when the TSV is pushed. Resistance is not futile. One day at a time; there always will be another PTR special..

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME(SUNDAY, APRIL 29)

Hi ladies,

From New Jersey,

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/269048-Hello-Friends-Happy-New-Week.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I hope you like the TSV pajamas.  I thought they were nice and reasonably priced, but I rarely wear pj's (mostly nightshirts or nightgowns).  Hoping May isn't too hard on my budget.  While my two upcoming trips (Maryland next month and my Road Scholar trip in September) are not what I would call "big" they do require spending.  Also, I am still trying to reduce rather than expand my clothing and shoe wardrobe.  I do have my eyes on a couple of items (on my wishlist for a while), and I probably will crumble and buy at least one of them.  I am doing pretty well on other categories, but......

Your weather sounds very chilly to me.  It is another hot day here with a high of 90 degrees and windy weather expected.  The first part of the week should be much cooler, but we are talking 70's rather than 90's and the lowest we might have would be in the 40's.

Thanks for your nice graphic, meallen.

I'm back from church and headed to the gym in a little while.  I will visit DH this afternoon and feed him dinner.  He was smiling a lot yesterday, which was great.  Thanks to you and Bernie for your suggestions for the shakes.  I have not made it to the store yet, but I probably will go to Wal-Mart tomorrow afternoon.  I used to buy the Wal-Mart version of Ensure for him (can't remember the name).  I really hope that I don't end up having to drink these shakes since I am so not a fan.  Even a regular shake is something I have never liked.  Not sure why since I do like my smoothies.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thank you for the lovely graphic. It is a great send off for the new week.

Linda--Any trip can be a challenge on the wallet so wise spending is always a good option. Both of those trips will be good ones for you. I do hope DH is smiling again today and is eating. As far as the shakes are concerned, I would buy one package of them to see if he likes them. I can tell you that the Premier Protein is better than Ensure as I had to use that with my mother.

I've spent the afternoon reading and doing odds and ends. I also set up my spreadsheet for May's spending while the idea was fresh in my mind. I do work 4 days this week including tomorrow. I also am fighting the onset of what might be a cold or allergies so I'm a little tired.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello and Happy Sunday to all. 

The gas company is supposed to be doing something to the gas meter in the next week or so.  Since I don't know what they are going to add on that will likely cost a meter reader her/his job, I removed the cover so the gas tech would have a clear shot at the meter.

I think I must be one of the few people left on the street who uses a meter mate to cover her gas meter Woman LOL  I replaced mine a couple of years ago because the original was pretty ratty looking.  It looks like this

Related image

My neighbor thought I was crazy to pay $50 for this thing.  My meter is so cockeyed I had to try to cover it because it bugged the heck out of me.  A few of us have crooked meters and I have to wonder if the installer was drunk as skunk when he put them in so long ago, lol.

Been window shopping (only) at JCP.   I have a few things on my Amazon wish list that I'm re-evaluting.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, not such a nice day here....but I have been binge watching Requim  on Netflix on my  iPad....it's a little scary.

Bernie our gas company goes down our road with some sort of remote and had to just point at our  direction on side of our house where the meter is and Like magic it registers on his thing...they used to get out of their truck to read the meter....I had also heard  electric company was doing the same thing......eventually   they will not even  have to leave the office somehow  by satellite  it will register on a computer and be read like that.  That sounds like to me some jobs will be lost ....meter readers will be a thing of the past.  oh, our water company does the same.   

Other than watching Netflix I have done nothing today.....Chinese take out food for dinner!     Have a nice evening everyone.....Marijane 

Honored Contributor

@Genny1  I think that's what they're going to do to my meter.  A couple a years ago the electric company installed smart meters that automatically transmit electricity usage.  I think the gas company is adding on something for remote reading.  One of the benefits of being retired - I should be home when the gas company swings by :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise