Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, APRIL 24)

Hi Everyone!

Well-----it's in the 80's today..again. It's predicted to stay hot for a few days and then drop to the 50's. I hope that isn't a tease. 

We worked outside yesterday and both of us are limping around today. I finally got the iris bulbs planted on the top of the hillside. I relocated some solar lights and tossed the ones that were broken. (no wonder they didn't light. Something chewed the wire) Needless to say we are taking it easier today. Just got in from handing the dyna traps and putting up the patio umbrellas. 

I only watched a bit of the garden shows but it gave me a few new ideas. The holly has relly bloomed on the side hill so that's a good thing. I only need to trim it a bit and the high part will be done. The lower garden needs work just to keep the rabbits out. We must have 4 bunny families now living in our yards. I swear it's like a mini zoo.

I will keep those in need in my thoughts and prayers. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, APRIL 24)

Hi everyone,

Inspirational quote - Have a beautiful Sunday. With beautiful pink roses flower blossom in garden on fresh green background.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Fressa - Thank you for starting us today.  You were very busy yesterday, you deserve to take it easy today.

We are having great weather here - 80's and sunny.  I am loving it.  But, of course, next week it goes downhill tempature wise.  I just hope it does not rain.  I did get a couple of my hummingbird feeders out.  I hope I get some at the new house.  

I have a lot of things to do around here, but I can not get motivated.  

Hope Jean is doing well, haven't heard from her lately.

Off to try to do something constructive.

Have a good afternoon everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started, Fressa.   It sounds like you and your DH should take it very easy today after all the work you did yesterday.  Hope the weather cools down in your area.  We are expecting a high of 82 degrees today, and warmer tomorrow.  It was chilly (in the 40's) when I took my walk this morning.

Lovely picture meallen.  Thanks for sharing.

Hi Susan -- glad your weather is nice.  Hope you can get some of your projects done.

I heard from Jean on Friday evening, and she said that she felt the best that day that she has felt in weeks.  Her blood pressure was great, but still having the other heart issues.  Hopefully, her ECHO, etc. this week will help with solving that problem.

While I felt good helping my fellow volunteer by watching her DH yesterday afternoon, I was out a lot longer than I expected.  So, I didn't accomplish all that I wanted to yesterday.  Fortunately, I should be able to do the cooking, cleaning, ironing, etc. today.  Church was good as was Bible study.

Sounds like you and your DH will be well prepared for your trip, Glenda.  

I heard from DH's friend yesterday, and he was very pleased with his first cataract surgery.  He has the second one tomorrow.

After wearing an old pair of D&Co. crop pants (capris?) yesterday, I decided they had to go.  Really bad/baggy looking.  I took advantage of the lack of S&H plus fairly reasonable price to order a pair of petite capris in navy (A385172) today.  I have a black pair, and they look so much nicer than the ones I have decided to donate.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--Thank you for starting the thread. It is in the 80s here also, a delightful change from last week.

I know I have been absent but by noon, I was ready to rest and read while I recuperated from the morning efforts. I am feeling great right now, despite the situation with the heart. It is one of the factors causing the fatigue. I'll be having an updated ECHO done this Thursday and will be wearing a Holter monitor. The EP wants to eliminate anything that might have developed since last taking those tests.  If an ablation is done, the type will depend upon the size of the left atrium or upper left chamber of the heart. If too large, it may not be effective. He is also considering implanting a "Watchman" in the left atrium to collect any blood clots that might form as most form there. This would eliminate the need to take blood thinners. I'm debating that.

Basically, I don't do anything much to report and since I tire easily, I just have not been posting.since the laptp acts up at times. I did make the mistake of watchig the Q and saw the Denim & Co. pants on sale. Since I've lost weight, I need some casual things like that so I indulged with reduced price on extra pair and free shipping.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Fressa, it looks like you & your dh are keeping plenty busy with outdoors work.  My dh does the yard work here (riding mower which will start soon & snow blower in the winter) and I am happy to be inside cleaning and decluttering as needed.  Now & then I see a bunny.  If they don't eat my 6 tomato plants, I am happy.  It was in the 80's yesterday which I am not ready for yet & 70's today.  Starting tomorrow, it's going to be in the 40's-50's for at least 10 days.

Susan, I think of you often and it's nice to hear updates on your new house.  It was fun moving here, but we were 26 years younger.  

We went to church this morning and went up to the balcony.  We were the only ones with a mask on, but less than 25 people showed up.

I am having a fun afternoon deciding what clothes to take on vacation.  First two days will be cool, but then it will be warm.  My dh usually packs his bag 30 minutes before we leave and rarely has what he needs.   This time, I will be keeping an eye on him.  I just remembered that I need a swimsuit or two, a beach towel, hat & a fold up lawn chair.  Sunscreen and bug repellent.  

We are heading out on Tuesday morning & getting to my niece's home (S. IL) on Wednesday.  Dinner will be at the Cracker Barrel & we will be staying overnight. 

We will be heading to Paducah on Thursday.  We are hoping to see our nephew whom is a meteorologist at a TV station in Paducah, but his schedule changes a lot.  Lunch will be at Patty's Settlement which burned down 3 years ago, was bull dozed and reopened last year.

We will be celebrating my dh's birthday on Friday at the World's Largest Fish Fry in Paris, TN.  They have a replica of the Eiffel Tower.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, it looks like you have been super busy again too.  I am glad that your dh's friend had a successful cataract surgery and hopefully he will have good results on the next one. I have had good luck with D. & Co. tops and bottoms.  Free shipping is a plus to entice me to order something.  It's a beautiful sunny day here.  I took my moped for a ride this afternoon and it was very windy.

Jean, my thoughts and prayers are with you for a success ECHO test on Thursday.  Enjoy your D. & Co. pants.   Losing weight is an incentive to buy a few new things.  I am looking for a pair of thin shorts, but I am seeing mostly denim ones & I already have white denim & dark denim ones.  I like skorts as they are a bit more dressy & still cool.

Glenda