Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, APRIL 23)

Good morning, shopping friends. Sunshine, wonderful sunshine! You are so welcomed! This means that I am off to the city to have lunch with a friend and then to pick up some grocery items at WalMart.

This morning, I did pick up the 4-piece Cottage Farms vegetable collection. I had a similar one a few years ago which worked well. Time will tell.

I don't think I need the Serta TSV mattress.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, APRIL 23)

Hi everyone, enjoy,

Image result for national cherry cheesecake day images

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies, Happy Sunday,

Image result for sunday friends hello pics

Esteemed Contributor

meallen-Thank you for the great graphics.

I just got back from the city. I am very full from a lunch at the Outback...and my usual 10% discount. I also did some grocery shopping at WalMart where I also saw some cute tops and crops but didn't buy them.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello,

I'm pleased to say that my fever broke on its own this morning.  Guess it was the flu after all, lol.  By the time I took the time to take my temp last night (100.3 - not critical), the 48 hour thing for flu was up.  Considering how I felt when it was 100.3 (I was feeling kinda okay), I must have been hot as Hades on Thursday night and 1/2 of Friday when I had a hard time staying upright.  Actually there are sections of that timeframe I can't really remember.

I was able to cut my grass in the front and back yards today.  I bundled up and probably looked ridiculous, but I'm glad I got it done.

Just took a nice hot long soak in the tub.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon/Evening, and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I haven't been to the Outback for quite a while, but I do remember having plenty of food there.  Also, it was tasty.  Glad you had a nice outing and were able to pick some things up at Wal-Mart without overbuying.  Happy that it is sunny there today,  Here as well, but it is windy and our ozone levels are up.  I don't have breathing problems, but they are warning sensitive people to stay indoors during "peak" hours.  I also saw what I think was smoke from a fire in the mountains.  It could have been a dust storm, but I think fire is more like it.

Cute graphics, meallen.

Church was good this morning, and then I went to the gym.  I was a bit more energetic than usual, probably because I slept pretty well.

I didn't make it to DH's facility until a little later than normal, but they had not fed him yet, so I took care of that for him.  His eyes were bothering him, and I asked that they put in his eye drops.  I was wiping his face after the drops, and noticed a small amount of blood -- it looks like a small cut right near his eyelashes.  The caregiver speculated that he might have scratched himself when he was rubbing his eyes.  I was concerned, but I think he is okay.  I put the lukewarm washcloth on his eyes which seemed to help.

I have some ironing to do, and I want to do some more walking as well before I go back to feed him dinner.  Starting to consider what to pack for my trip to Maryland.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- So glad you are better, Bernie.  

Honored Contributor

Aww Linda @LindaLatte, maybe he had some hard 'sleepies' from the dry eye and when he rubbed them away he accidentally scratched his eyelid.

My eyes are a magnet for foreign objects, lol.  I kid you not.  There could be a dust storm and I could be the only one in 10 people wearing goggles and still be the only person who got something in her eye.

Warm compresses work wonders :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise