Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, APRIL 10)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a dreary day  but hopefully Spring will soon arrive. Winter just will not leave. We had temps in the teens last night and snow squals this morning.

I just assembled the Stamina 55-1610 InMotion E1000 Elliptical Trainer which I got from Amazon. It has over 2,200 reviews with a 4 star out of 5 rating. Now to use it! I have just done 15 minutes...and it does get the rate up. I'm also using the BodyGym resistance band system I got from QVC about every other day.

I am motivated suddenly to tackle myself again, part of it a subtle hint fron the doctor. Last week, I lost 5 pounds but most of that is water loss; this week, I will be lucky to lose one pound so exercise is a must at my age.

I guess I could call the Elliptical a birthday present from Midnight to me as he observed me assembling it and then using it. Thanks for the birthday wishes. I spent the bd in the city getting my nails done and also a hair cut and color.

I have no desire to pick up the TSV. I have a Dyson but it isn't as good as the Shark system similar to the Dyson TSV being sold today.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely one day at a time.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, APRIL 10)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Jean -  Thank you for starting is today, hope you enjoy all your new "toys".  Glad you had a good Bday, and had a good time on the city.  We woke up to 16 degrees here this morning, no snow (got that yesterday)  it did not stay on the ground, but it was so depressing looking.  The poor birds here are not sure what to do.

Bernie -  You should have bought the purse.  Hope Rocky is doing well today.

Not much going on at my house, we are going to my parents today, today, is my dad's birthday.  So it will be dinner and I am picking up an ice cream cake from DQ. 

Well off to do something constructive here.  Have a good morning everyone.

Honored Contributor

Good morning all and thanks @KonaKat, for starting us off today. Sounds like you had a nice birthday, I'm glad you did. Your ellitical trainer sounds interesting, good for you getting it put together and testing it out, with Midnight's approval of course.

@PAlady, happy birthday to your dad, enjoy your time with him, and the DQ cake, lol.

I will be going to see one of my grandson's, today is his birthday (24) in the pouring rain we have going on here today. Other than that, I want to get all the stuff I pulled out of a small downstairs closet yesterday. that is used soley for storage, gone through and put back in some kind of order. The problem with this is, it is all hubby's stuff, and he is horrible at getting rid of anything, lol. No clue what else I might do. Hope everyone has a nice day. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Thanks for getting us started Jean.  Glad you were able to go to the city yesterday and had a pretty nice birthday.  Sorry about your weather.  We are expecting thunderstorms here today, and it is pretty cloudy already.  Our highs are expected to be in the 60's today, but it should warm up again tomorrow.  We do need the rain, so I am not complaining.

Great idea to get back into your fitness routine.  Hope your new machine helps.  Sometimes I feel like I "need" some new equipment or DVD to help motivate me.  I have used my new stretching DVD (30 minutes) for four days.  It is surprisingly challenging, but new exercises always seem to be a challenge.  I plan to go to the gym today after church, but I'm pretty achy at the moment.  DH was up every hour last night, and I am suffering due to lack of sleep.  Maybe a nap is in order this afternoon.

Never got around to making the chocolate chip cookies yesterday, so I hope to do so today.  Also plan to do my ironing.  I 

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny (extra hugs), Bernie, snicks, spix, Charlene, Susan, Marijane, LindaR, Rosa, pinky ann (extra hugs to you as well), Karen, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

I am holding out on a vacuum purchase since my Oreck is still working, but I have decided a Shark will be my choice when the time comes.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--These cold temperatures are very frustrating. I'm afraid that the apple orchards have been negatively affected. I watch the Pittsburg Hays Bald Eagle cam so I was relieved to see that the eaglets made it through the cold night. Enjoy your vist to your parents and happy birthday to your Dad.

Snicks--Happy Birthday to your grandson; enjoy your visit. What to do with stuff? That is an ongoing question for me. We used to have a thrift place close to me but it closed. Now, donations have to go to the city.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Jean, a happy belated birthday. Sydnie has a dance competition this weekend so we were gone most of the day.

I returned to the land of ice and snow on Tuesday. Wish I was still in az because it has been cold and snowy here. Dh was smart and stayed...he will be here about a month from now.

Sydnies puppy , Pepper is adorBle. She is maybe 6 pounds, almost completely house broken..a few piddle accidents but otherwise everything is outside. The breeder warned Sydnie only to feed her dog food....as did the vet.,She is in love with Syd.

I read the thread daily, but do not have anything thrilling to post. I understand all,of you who have the bad weather.

Snicks, enjoy your grandson. Linda, sorry about the lack of sleep.

((((((hugs)))) to everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--You are so dedicated to your health and fitness. Good job on using the stretching dvd and finding muscles that are feeling the effect, something that happens when first used. Enjoy your time at the gym, but I am sorry that you had problems sleeping.

Barbara--I do hope the land of snow isn't that way when DH returns. Sydnie's pupply sounds adorable. I think most of us have a somewhat routine life so we think there is little new to post. Please post whenever you can.

Yesterday, when going to the city I was listening to a talk show. Basically they got into questionning people if they ever received packages from Amazon and QVC and had no idea what they contained. Apparently, some of these people blamed it on being drunk at the time and had lost their usual reasonable thinking. Sure!

Trusted Contributor

Good morning everyone!  Jean - happy belated birthday.  So thoughtful of Midnight to gift you the eliptical trainer.  My exercise (like my excessive shopping) is hit-or-miss.  Hope you stick with yours more consistantly than I do.  Linda is a good role model in that department!  Linda, hope your DH is having a good day.  Susan - snow and 16 degrees??? BRRRR.  Snicks - hope you enjoy your grandson's birthday and stay safe and dry in the rain.  Barbara - hope you enjoyed the dance comptetition.  The advice about only feeding the dog pet food is good advice.

Let's see...I'll include a FASHION statement.  I finished taking in the waistbands of the new capris that I bought at wallyworld.  Happy with the way they turned out.  I also bought a summer top at Marshall's, one at Ross, and a couple from ebay.  From QVC I purchased some Ryka sandals that are on clearance.  From QVC I also bought a couple of cold weather Denim & Co heavenly jersey plaid tops that are down to $10 and change each.  The fabric tends to pill, so it's not a good investment for a dressier top, but the weight and softness is perfect for wearing around the house during our Calif winters.  I think I'm pretty much set for the summer, plus picked up the good deals for next winter.

Update on our dog Harper - she seems back to normal, all full of happiness and energy.  Hope she doesn't swallow more foreign objects!  My DD will be going back to college this evening.  We've decided to skip church and work together on the goats.  They need their hooves trimmed.  My DH is also going to order a wood shed (needs assembly) for me.  He's complained that I have some storage tubs in the garage, a couple in his tool shed, the barn/tack shed, and our son's storage shed.  He finally admitted that maybe it's because I don't have a storage place of my own (for clothes, books, household decor, etc.), so he's volunteered to build me a nice shed of my own.  I really like our house, but it lacks storage space.

Hope you all have a great Sunday!  ~  Charlene

Respected Contributor

Morning, Thanx @KonaKat for the start.

Just a quick stop while waiting for my ride to Michigan City & thereabouts, weather is dreary & cool, supposed to warm up but I'm not counting on it & think it will be cooler there so changed my mind on the jacket.

Hope all have a good Sunday, see you in a few

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Charlene--It sounds as if you have found some great buys to meet your needs. One of my favorite pairs of capris came from WalMart in Hawaii. I know they were likely stocked here but I accidentally ran across them when souvenier hunting and Hawaiian coffee at great prices.  I know that you enjoyed the visit with DD and hate to see her leave. I'll likely have my ups and downs with the exercise, etc. I admire those that get a high from it and faithfully do it each day.

Spix--I hope you stay warm in Michigan City, etc. It is so hard to dress for the unpredictable weather.

Installing.JPG