Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, APR 21)

Good morning, everyone. I would like to take this opportunity to wish each a Happy Easter.

I have no desire to buy the TSV. I did see a top I liked presented during an SG hour but the 60+ price tag rapidly changed my mind. I read comments where some protested the comparison of the TSV price to over $100 capris as it wasn't realistic. I don't know about that as there are some stores who cater to high end spenders. I remember about 5 years ago killing time in a mall in a city the night before the flight. I was not familiar with the store name but from the outside I saw a blouse I liked. I went inside to check it out and discovered a price tag of $500+. It may have  been the quality of the material, the stitching, the name, etc. but it didn't look like a $500+ top from a short distance away.

I am not far from ending two months of any "want" shopping. It gets easier with each day. I know that eventually I will be buying some clothing from the Q as shopping for clothing in the city is a pain for me. First, it is a 3 hour round trip drive which leaves 3 to 4 hours to shop. Second, once I make that drive, there might not be anything I like in my size or color as I have a popular size. At least with the Q, I know if the color and size is in stock when I order.

The cost of any shipping is equal to or less than the cost of gas and possibly eating out while there. I guess it is different strokes for different folks but when local clothing shopping is now only from the Dollar Store, online shopping rocks! The odd thing is that years ago, we had a variety of merchants but that is a thing of the past suffering the same fate as many malls across the country.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, APR 21)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Happy Easter to all who celebrate!  We are having lovely, warm and  sunny weather for Easter.  It is supposed to get windy later, but so far, so good.  Church was good except the lady behind me (in her 90's) is quite hard of hearing and does a lot of shouting and talking pretty loud.  Glad I hay hearing aids so I don't do the same.

No TSV for me either.  I didn't think they were too bad or too expensive, however, I just don't like crop pants on me.  I like either full-length pants or something shorter like pedal pushers or capris.  I can't speak to the price, but the "estimated" retail price they mentioned seemed high to me.  I don't shop at those types of places, so I can't really say that is valid or not.  

My hospice visit went well yesterday -- met the patient's daughter (and her dog) who were visiting from California.  They were happy that I brought some banana bread that I had made.

I'm headed to the gym soon.  Later I have ironing to do.  Easter dinner will be the same as I had last night -- sort of a preview dinner of ham, sweet potatoes, strawberries, etc.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda 

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--It is great that you are having good weather for Easter and that your hospice visit went well yesterday. Like you, I don't shop in those super exclusive places. The time I checked out the blouse was a sheer accident as I didn't know  the nature of the place.

I just read on Facebook in a Philip Watson post regarding his time with Jill that she was leaving the Q in June. I hate that as she was a great host but like many who have left she likely has other ventures to explore.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hello and since the day is not over, Easter blessings to all.  It was a busy day and I hit the ground running with my now famous devilled eggs, lol.

I was busy in the kitchen, a rarity for sure, took a bath and then headed off to the woods for dinner.

Home now and happy to be here with my flock.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/f5/d0/63/f5d063c8806a06e5922a619d8f2c949a--good-morning-friends-good-morning-quotes.jpghttp://ragdoodles.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/ragdoodles-meme-cartoon-relatable-quote-drawing-funny-Easter-Monday-300x300.jpg