Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, APR 14)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a dark, bleak, rainy day with severe storms expected in the afternoon. I just returned from securing the car in the garage as possible hail is also expected.

I just looked at my order status. Since the beginning of March, I have ordered one item from the Q and it was returned. The Sketchers didn't fit right on one foot. I think I am on a roll of resisting purchases, although I do have a 30% off coupon from Kohls that might be used to purchase towels.

My niece contacted me last evening and said she wanted to return to Australia. I think she found it as intriguing and beautiful as I did. She wants to return next Fall. I've checked the vacation deals with our airline and see that there are truly some great deals....hotel and flight for a low price or about the same as she paid for her ticket. Time will tell.  In the meantime, we have the Big Island scheduled for April and have already booked a condo for a week.

Today is free shipping and easy pay, so I imagine there are some great items that could tempt me but do I dare look?

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, APR 14)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope the weather in your area isn't as bad as predicted.  I know it has been horrible in some areas, including causing deaths.  Fortunately for DD, the thunderstorms did not hit her area at race time for her 5K.  She texted me saying that she had finished her first race -- I'm very proud of her.  I know that Kathleen's Mom races often and is quite good.  But, I don't think that I'll be joining them.  I tried "jogging" years ago, and it was very hard on my body.  So, I'm sticking with walking and using gym equipment like the elliptical.

Good job on your shopping resistance.  I was happy to see the free S&H today.  I'm thinking about ordering a crossbody Lug bag that was on clearance.  Pretty sure that I'll be ordering it.  One more thing -- eBates is offering a 10% rebate at the Q today.

That is wild about your niece wanting to go back to Australia next Fall.  I'll be curious if you decide to go.  Your Hawaii trip next Spring sounds great.

It was cool this morning (only in the low 40's, but should make it to 80 degrees today.  I did not sleep very well, so I'm hoping tonight goes better.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I forgot to respond to Bernie's comments about financially supporting family.  You were certainly very generous with your sister, and I think it is wonderful.  I have been helping out my SIL since my brother's death nearly eight years ago.  For the last several years, it has just been for her car payment -- this is the second car I have been paying for.  While I like helping, I am getting a little tired of doing so.  When DH died, I think I made it clear that this will be the last car I pay for.  Hopefully, this won't be an issue/problem for her.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Great news on DD finishing the race. I'm with you; I might walk but it would be at a slow pace. I might have to check my wish list now that you mentioned the 10% rebate at eBates. Enjoy your Lug crossnody bag. I just like to travel, and like my niece, I enjoyed Australia and these airline vacation packages are very reasonable. If she didn't go, now that the idea has been planted in my mind, I might do it solo. Time is coming when I'll be too old to do major travel.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi Jean @KonaKat   We have rain and a little wind here.  Some areas could see snow showers.  It's expected to rain the better part of the week according to local news early this morning.  I haven't ordered anything since the convert a bench and the dooney and bourke bag (late February/early April).  Nothing from JCP either.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda @LindaLatte   Congratulations to your daughter for completed a 5K race.  I've participated in 20 mile 'walkathons' over the years and would probably do another one.  Anything involving running - no so much Woman LOL  I admire people who job and often wonder how their knees feel at the end of the day.  Running on a beach or some surface that gives a little doesn't sound too bad - concrete and asphalt is a little unforgiving to the human body (in my opnion).

(We help as far as our resources will allow Heart)

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon everyone, Jean - thanks for getting us started.  I hope that the bleak day doesn't end up with severe storms.  Sounds like you're doing well in the shopping department, and the upcoming trip to Hawaii sounds great.  Your vacation to Australia must have been wonderful if your neice is ready to go back!  Linda - I'm terrible at hooking up electronics, so I hope that yours will be working correctly soon.  You and Bernie have big hearts.  I can't imagine supporting any of my in-laws on an on-going basis.  We have helped out a bit here and there - but not on-going.  The truth is, that if we were to help out one of them, next thing, there would be five of them with their hands out.  Wish it wasn't that way, but it is.  Congrats on your DD running a 5K.  Bernie - I'm a walker too.  When I was 20-25 years old I used to job on a dirt road which was a good choice.  Nowadays I feel good just to walk and get my Fitbit steps in.  In fact, yesterday Fitbit awarded me my "Skydiver" badge, meaning, I've climbed 1,000 flights of steps since I started using my Fitbit.

I'm still spending a fair amount of time working in the yard - the weather has warmed up and we have lots of weeds.  I'm also reading a lot.  Still haven't bought any clothes or jewelry this year, but I've definitely had the wanties for books.  I actually took a bag of books in to a used book store yesterday and got some store credit for them.  Usually I just donate books, but I've been purchasing so many books I thought I could use the credit.

In a little bit, my DD and I are planning on visiting with my Mom, and then I'll probably just relax and read the rest of the day.  Hope you all enjoy your Sunday  ~ Charlene

Edited to ad - auto-correct seems to be changing the word "jog" to "job".

Esteemed Contributor

Charlene--great job on taking control of "wanty." I just read something in a discussion about clutter and excess and it basically said something to the effect of "take a  look at it; it represents money spent? I know many of us have experienced it and the reality that it was money not well spent.The book credit sounds like a great move.

Linda--I loved the jacket in the pic on FB in which you were debating if you should donate it. I know you will do what you consider best.

Honored Contributor

Charlene @cerb   i'm still waiting for these to sprout around here.  As of this minute, grass is starting to green up and that's it, lol.