Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, 9/28)

Good Afternoon/Evening! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Waves to Marijane, Arlene, Kathleen, twinny, Karen, LindaR, Rosa, Gayle, Jules, Sonya, Nancy, Kathy, Gina, and all of our posters and readers.

DH's DD left this morning -- it was a nice, if brief, visit. Now I need to do many of my Saturday chores a day late. Definitely worth it, but I feel a little pressure.

DH and I did go to the gym after we came back from the airport.

DGS who ended up at the ER seems to be fine now. He is still taking medication, but he played football on Friday night (they won), and his coach volunteered to have his breathing equipment on the sidelines just in case he needs it. He's a happy camper.

I should join Jean on eliminating "want" shopping in October, but knowing me, that probably won't happen. At least I should be able to resist things like clothes and shoes, but then again there will probably be plenty of temptations.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I saw the pic of DH and his DD which you posted; this was a great pic. I'm glad you all were able to visit despite how short the visit was. I'm glad that DH was able to join you at the gym.

I debated and decided despite how much I like the pull on straight leg Dream Jeannes that I would not buy them. If necessary, I can buy the other version which has the slight boot leg and zips up should the need arise. I do like the straight leg better but right now, I don't need them. These are pants they usually bring in just once a year so the temptation was there.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Good afternoon ladies:

When I left this morning to head to services there was a deer crossing the road. It was a bit overcast as we had some moisuture in the night. At Bible class we were talking about angels. Quite interesting. Then after services went to the next town for their annual event. When we drove up I thought ""oh my"" there were so many cars/people. We ate and decided to head for home. When I got home I thought a nap sounded delightful. I didn't sleep well last night so I was really dragging.

I don't know where this month/year has gone. September has just zipped on past us.

LindaL: Glad to hear your DGS is feeling better. Saw your pic on facebook---they really do share a family resemblance. Lovely picture. Wondered how old the cactus were in the background. I know you have no way of knowing that answer!.

Jean: I will check out the amazon site you suggested--I didn't realize they had such offerings but it does make sense that they would. Oh the replacement of your lost ID items. I know I called to cancel my gas card. The gal who was helping me identified herself as ""Lovely"". I wanted to ask it that was really her name--but I thought not as I know these calls are sometimes monitored and it really wasn't important---I got my card almost immediately even though she said it would take longer. Another call I was speaking to someone named ""Ainsley"" which I thought was a lovely name.

When I went to the DL office of course I needed ID--I'm thinking fortunately I had ID not in my wallet---picuture ID which I always kept seperate but much of my other ID as in insurance cards etc were in my wallet---The clerk was telling someone else their insurance card would be considered as ID---I'm thinking it doesn't have a pic--I could present anything but I guess when they pull you up in the system the pictures wouldn't match. This time I had to touch the screen device for fingerprints---I didn't have to do that last go around. I guess things are getting more sophisticated.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaR--It sounds as if you had a lovely day. For the Read ID Driver's License, I have to produce two proofs of identity and three proofs of physical residence. I have my passport picture and school ID picture for part of the proof, the birth certificate, and utility bills with my physical address on them. It is a good thing I haven't changed my name since I was born as I would have to produce proof of each name change.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

I guess I had never heard of the real ID---I know I have had to show my marriage license as proof a few times---perhaps it was to change my SS name. Other times they just ""take my word for it""!. I would probably show the proof of identify and the physical address without too much difficulty---just a matter of gathering information and getting into the que to be assisted. It would just be so much easier NOT to misplace/lose the wallet!!!

Respected Contributor

LindaL: I looked at the pic again---no cactus---just other trees---OPPS! I was thinking cactus.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaR--The Real Id is the Federal license being implemented in states and is required or will be required by individuals using or entering any type of Federal controlled institution, conveyance, etc. and includes those flying (deadline unknown). The states are in various states of compliance. Our state offers both but people know if they don't get the "Real Id," then they will have to produce additional proof of citizenship and identity when flying. This is a Homeland Security measure enacted by law a few years ago. The Real ID looks different from the regular license and has a big star on it as well as holograms filled with info.

Respected Contributor

Hello friends! I loved the picture as well Linda! I've never heard of a different ID either. Just closed a credit card today - it was a store card and they talked me into opening the store Visa. I thought it would transfer and be the same card. Now I have 2 cards. Never needed another Visa to begin with. The woman was surprised I was closing the new Visa. ::rolling my eyes::

We had a nice weekend together. Got my little AC window unit yesterday and that was expensive enough! I enjoy cooking again; this is the funny thing about our situation.

I did go to church this morning and my Celebrate Recovery group tonight. Stopped at the grocery store and ran into 2 different friends that I made plans with both!

Hugs to all!

Esteemed Contributor

Kathleen--This is the link to the info on the Real ID:

http://www.dhs.gov/real-id-enforcement-brief

According to the site, your state has an extension to meet compliance. It isn't a major deal except the Real ID requires more verification and the license has more info for use by Federal facilities and transportation requiring it. In the case of flying, additional proof beyond that of the regular driver's license will be required of a passenger not having a Real ID. I've had my Real ID license for two years.

Enjoy the new window AC. It sounds as if you had a great weekend!!

Respected Contributor

I did show off my new over the knee boots to Steve and he did not really like them. I thought about taking them back but I really like them, and they are in style right now and not too sexy for work. AND DD liked them, so I decided I should keep them. It's funny how someone's opinion can sway my thinking!!