Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, 7/13)

Hi ladies,hope your Sunday is going well.I seldom post here anymore,keep up with some of you on Facebook and have been fortunate enough to meet some in person.Its been seven years since s few us started what would turn out to be a long running thread.I have been amazed that the on line relationships I formed carried on to real life with those I have met.I hope all of you know how much I appreciate the support and camaraderie on here.I am going to try to drop in more frequently.Bear with me as I relearn some names.
Esteemed Contributor

Jules--It will be great to have you posting with us more often. It has been an interesting 7 years of this thread, and we have developed a supportive community. Are you ready for another Nashville experience? It was so good seeing you there.

Arlene, I got A256961 in red, but could have bought every item in last night's Mackie show. It seemed to be an unusually good show. I'm glad you met a new friend at church. I do hope it works out well. I also enjoyed meeting you in Nashville and watching you discover bargains.

Nikalette--Welcome. Please continue to post. Good job on ten days of not buying from the Q. I think my record has been one month. I like it for the convenience and also knowing what is in my size. No spending 3 hours round trip on the road only not to find much. I love the nickname for your dog.

I didn't sleep well last night, so I went to sleep with Kindle in hand. Midnight awakened me after a couple of hours. Trust me, when he starts patting your face, you wake up.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Great to see you on the board Jules - let me know what day you want to go to the Aquarium. I've been to the one in Atlanta, but not the local one. I'm really looking forward to going back to Nashville after the holidays in the fall, after it cools off a bit.

Jean, I love that top! In fact, there was a woman a few pews in front of me in church who had on a dress in a similar design, in blue, and I couldn't help but admire it. I too wouldn't mind having everything that was in the show. I love Bob's stuff, and he's such a lovely, refined gentleman - a rare breed these days.

Welcome, Nikalette - thanks for the laugh you gave me with your dog story! My dogs don't do that (thankfully), but I have a cat who, if I leave the panty drawer even a tiny bit ajar, will put his paw in, pull out all the panties, and dump them on the floor. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Well, I had a nap; my back in aching so I think I'll relax on the pool float and get some sun. I'm trying to decide what treats from Trader Joe's I'll have for dinner.

Contributor

Jean I am more than ready so come on down .It was a lot of fun.The pups left to rescue yesterday.I really am bummed because I had really taken to them,really loved them.Much more attached than usual.Its for the best though.Arlene will let you know before Wed when we are scheduling the aquarium,we may get the combined ticket for a boat ride too.
Respected Contributor

Jules: Happy to see you---I have been following the pups on FB---that Licorice was a really cutie pie.

On Thursday night we had a missionary from Hong Kong at church. Two years ago her husband was here---this time she and her oldest daughter. It was so interesting. They have been in Asia for about ten years. Previously in China. She had so many interesting points. She did say that manufacturing was leaving China now--going to ""cheaper"" areas like Cambodia. She also said with the one child rule---that many men won't have the opportunity to marry and have a child as there aren't going to be enough women.

Jean: So sorry to hear about your Cousin's wife---I know they are people of faith.

Gina:I am sure that housing in your area is very costly---but something will come your way when the time is right!.

Esteemed Contributor

Jules--You have a heart of gold when it comes to rescue, so I know how difficult it is to say good-bye to them as they travel to their new homes. I won't be able to come down for some time. I'm gearing up for the Kona, Hawaii trip. In addition, if my niece is accepted by Indy for the transplant, I'll likely go out and see her during the week evaluation.

Here are some interesting facts about my state:

http://www.movoto.com/blog/opinions/west-virginia-facts/

We have or had a number of garment factories. I had a relative who worked in one and gave an explanation as to why sizes may differ despite being the same size. 1) The machine cuts through a stack of material. As a result, the lower fabric may not be cut exactly as same as the fabric on top. 2) If there is an order for "x" items in a certain size and there are not enough to fulfill the order, some workers would affix a size tag to match the order despite it not being that size. The first explanation is the most common reason.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hey Jules, how about Ruby Falls?

I floated in the pool, then was going to swim, but for some reason it seems much cooler out than my weather app says; the water was really chilly.

LindaR, I find these missionaries very interesting to talk to. Karen, the one I met today, told me that less than 4% of the people in Taiwan are Christian. I was happy when she said she was going to "shop" at the missions closet - it was nice to know someone I like will benefit from all the nice things there.

I'm focusing on house cleaning this week, but as for the rest of today, after I have dinner and clean the litter boxes, I'm focusing on finishing a very good cozy mystery. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Esteemed Contributor

LindaR--My cousin and his wife are definitely of the faith. He is a pastor and she is more than just a pastor's wife. If she has a weakness, it is that she also enjoys shopping at QVC despite living in the city.