Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDDAY, FEB. 22)

Linda L, that's a great idea to look at a nice thrift shop for your dgs's wedding in July.  The wedding will be here before you know it.  I did lots of laundry this morning and ironed one of my dh's many sweaters for church tomorrow.  Right before Christmas, I bought a Liz Claiborne sweater on sale from JCP.  It's chocolate brown with golden threads.  I was keeping it for our upcoming anniversary dinner,  but with mild weather, I am going to wear it to church tomorrow.  It might be too warm for me pretty soon.

Bird Mama, you were lucky to find such a nice outfit here and there for your nieces wedding.  Beautiful picture of you and your sister.  Love your red hair too.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny but cool today. Tomorrow the emps warm up a bit. I'm expecting the patio mud to thaw but not develop into a swamp. Fingers crossed. This is still doggie bath weekend so I'm glad the weather is cooperating a little. I found two new products for our female so I'm hoping it helps with her allergies/skin issue.

I missed most of AM Style this morning because the dogs let me sleep in. I wasn't tempted by the LG tie dye. I was never a fan of tie dye so at least that kept me on track. I did see that they lowered the price on the clearance D&Co jogger pants that I have saved in my cart. I'm still considering those but sizing is an issue for me these days.

I remembered that I had a refund and coupon for my $15 catalouge. I find garden items in there for the lowest prices. I usually get 3 seasons from them so I'm pleased. It's also not such a terrible thing if a deer kicks something over or the weather cracks an item. I'm hoping that I'm pleased with the trellis that I found. It will save me trying to fence around some planters on a hill. I even found a little statue for the front porch garden. I think I'm forgetting about replacing the gazing ball with that super blower my husband is using. LOL

He decluttered the one cabinet in the workroom last night and what a difference. We now have available shelves for the garden supplies for the patio. Those little areas that are cleared sure make a difference in the space you have. We're starting to see some space with all of these little efforts combined. This weekend I plan to finish the spare room closet with taking apart the gridded storage unit and putting the stacking cubes in there. They are great and I was frankly surprised that they did hold more than I thought they would. Easy to handle so that was a plus. I have some canvas under the bed storage bags for sheets and you really have to tug on them to pull them out. This might need to be reconsidered for next year's project list.

Glad to hear about everybody's fun vacation plans. It's good to see that there are sources to help with arrangements. 

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening.

Fressa, we are enjoying the 🌞🌞🌞 & 40's for the weekend.  Then maybe a dusting of snow on Monday night.  Denim & Co. always fit me good year's ago, but now I would be leery to order in case I had to send it back.  I liked it when we were able to go to the outlet store in Lancaster, PA.  It amazed me at how cheap some of the clothing was made.

It sounds like your new stacking cubes are winners for you.  Good luck with the rest of your purging.  I purge often in the house.  Clutter drives me nuts.  My DH needs to do a purging job in the garage soon.  He needs to be prodded along step by step.  Lol.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jean. We were both tired this week because there were so many things going on all week.  Mostly fun which was a good thing.  This week looks quieter around here.  My DH is napping right now.  

Linda L.,  It seems like when I am looking for something special I can never find the "perfect outfit."   When I don't want to spend $$ everything stands out and calls my name.  Have fun on your various upcoming trips.  I like to make muffins too & our favorite ones are strawberry/rhubarb or blueberry.  I use Splenda & don't buy them from the store.  Too many ingredients that I don't want in them.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Twinny--If looking for the perfect outfit for an event, it usually won't be found until after the event. Also, when there is no need you can find all kinds of things but when youi find out you need something special, you will find all those great things you saw earlier are now gone.

Bernie--That is a great picture of you. It is good to put a face with a name! Some of you I know from Facebook.

Fressa--You are doing great with your purging efforts. I had some of those under the bed storage units but I quit using them when my back issue made it difficult to get down and pull them oiut.

Since we are talking about travels also, I got a notice today that my flights had changed for the trip to Australia on June 30. It is just a minor change.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.