Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY)

Good morning, shoppers! I think I'm not operating on fully charged batteries so my thinking is off. What person would get up at 6am on a snowy Saturday when one can't go anywhere? I do have AM Style to watch; this is my favorite "Style" program.

I've finished seven days of not buying anything not a need. This morning I assembled the Wrapmaster I bought around Christmas time. This is one of those kitchen gadgets that is a must. I'll not regret buying it.

I do like the TSV but I've been able to do without it. I have a netbook for travel as well as my Kindle. As time passes, these things will get better and better, so I'm not looking at buying one for at least until around Christmas. If I did much travel, I might buy one earlier but right now what I have works and this just saves money right now. After all, we can't buy a new one every time an improved one comes out.

Today is my mother's birthday; I miss her very much but the reality of life is that those we love will pass at some point. We have our memories to keep them alive. I got much of my habit to keep things from her. She was a depresssion person and she learned to make best use of everything. Nothing was thrown out until no use could no longer be found for it.

Part of my desire to have nice things came out of being "deprived" as I grew up. I had the most simple items and new items were not bought until the others were wearing out. We lived far from stores so buying from catalogs was the norms. Now, it is buying from TV or the Internet.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.