Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, SEPT. 5)

Jean, shoes are a weakness for me.  I really don't have that many pairs of shoes.  I don't even own a black pair of shoes.  As I get older, it's boots.  I think I was born with it.  When I was little and would go to Mass with Ma on Sunday I had to sit in the middle rows of the church at the end of the pew.  I just had to be able to sit quietly and scope out the shoes on the women going up to get Communion.  When it came to buying an outfit for my Barbie doll, we didn't have lots of money so new Barbie outfits were big deals, I tended to look at the shoes that came with the outfit as a deciding factor in buying the outfit (lol). 

I'm hoping the brown fringey ones from BareTraps work out.  They are $105 on the BareTraps site, but some other places have them for $89 and free s/h. 

If they don't feel good, back they go.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Oh, shoes are a weakness with me also but for the past year, I've put a halt on the buying of excess. I used to go to varioius cities with great shopping andd when I would come home, the question was "How many shoes did you buy?"  I thnk after I retired, it dawned upon me finally that I didn't need all those shoes. I have about 30 pair of shoes, but only  3 pair are boots. Most are clogs or other open back type shoes. I often wear trouser socks with clogs in the Winter. Many boots hit me wrong on the front of the leg or if they are too tall, the calf is a problem.  For this reason, I really need to try them on. Shooties really work better.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

This is my entire boot collection (excludes winter outside boots)

The new olive ones

and if they work out, the new fringey ones

I don't have any black boots now that I think about it. Then again, I own one pair of black slacks and one black cardigan (rofl)

Honored Contributor

Arlene - I am dumbfounded that your mail carrier left the heavy packages in the street.  It's never happened to me but if it did, I'd be pitching a fit at the local post office.  I'm glad that your ISP is working with you to improve your service.  This site slowed down considerably this afternoon and for a minute I thought AT&T was throttling my internet (lol).

I'm noticing some leaves falling off my walnut tree in the backyard.  I think it's kind of early, but things did dry out here beginning in July.

I'm glad that you found Angelica yesterday.  Are you near any rescue organizations that might take her and Autumn?

I'm sad for your dog situation :-(

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Black and red are my favorite colors. Yes, I have several pair of black shoes in varioius styles, plus black pants ranging from dressing to casual..  I rarely buy brown shoes, unless it is the right shade of brown but will buy dark brown pants. I never wear brown closer to the face as I need brighter colors.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I got authentication failed after I just posted. SNICKS, Yes, It is crazy when all of the shows get out at the same time. We always call my DH the taxi driver as he does the driving while we are there., I don't mind driving part of the way there, but not when we are in town. We usually try to get a motel within walking distance to the shows & restaurants. BIRD MAMA, Our friend has one adult aged daughter but she is very unstable so no help to him whatsoever. He does have a brother & SIL in town but his brother had a bad stroke a few years ago so he needs help too. Good thing that his wife can help both of them out. You are so right that Arlene will be mad at me if she sees my post about our church potlucks. They are always very good. Our DS called tonight & said he & his wife are up in ME for a couple of days. I am sad that I am sitting home when I could be at the ocean & eating all of that good seafood. I told my dear DIL that she needs to eat a bowl of clam chowder for me, a lobster roll & some good shrimp. She has to work on Monday so I am glad that they did get to go away this weekend. He will be coming home for Christmas, but she will have to work. He hasn't been home for Christmas for several years so I hope that the weather cooperates. They have been coming home in the summertime & the weather has been perfect.