Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, SEPT. 30)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a nippy 47 degrees. I guess Fall is definitely here as we say good-bye to September and the calendar takes us closer to the dreaded Winter. Snow is pretty but it makes for treacherous driving, etc.

I've been watching AM Style. I guess they are hoping to increase sales with the offer of six easy pays on everything in the show. So far, I haven't been tempted that much.

I see that the Earth brand shoes A284120 that I ordered at a OTO price of $64+ instead of the current $109 has arrived in the city. This means that I likely will get them on Monday.

I'm debating what to do today. I've worked every day this week, so just sitting here and relaxing feels good. On the other hand, I need to grocery shop and also do some decluttering. It is amazing how things accumulate when not tended to on a daily basis.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, SEPT. 30)

Good morning  ladies,

Chilly weather, that's okay, much better than heat and humidity!

Image result for goodbye september imagesImage result for saturday fall images

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat and @meallen616

I don't know if I mentioned this yesterday, I fell Thursday night under some crazy circumstances, rofl.  I can laugh about it now because I'm fairly sure my ribs aren't broken.  I went to sit on my mission style (nice hardwood side rails) daybed and realized I was too close to the rail that I consider the head of the bed (when I am laying in it).  I sorta scooted to the left and somehow lost my balance and ended up going right (aimed at the hardwood side rail).  I tried to course correct and throw myself on the hardwood floor.  I really was trying to avoid hitting anything.

I don't fall often and when I do, I give it 110%, lol.  My right arm was more or less outstretched (think Superman, like I was trying to fly) and I hit my right ribcage on a diagonal so I covered a lot of territory.  Sadly it involved right boobage.

I have no bruises, it only hurts when I sneeze, cough or laugh, and I am sure nothing is broken.

Between the stress at work and the soreness from the fall, I was exhausted last night, which means I slept like the dead :-)

Today I have a small birthday party for Bella, my youngest niece's only daughter.  She turned 6 earlier in the week.  I'm glad I did the yard work last weekend.  

The yoga pants I ordered last weekend arrived last night.  The Xersion brand (my store) must have changed their sizing.  I own medium yoga pants by them that are a little baggy so I ordered medium in the new ones.  They fit like a small, a tight small so these will be going back.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thank you for the cute graphics. Fall is definitely in the air!

Bernie--When you do fall, you do it up right! I do hope the soreness goes away soon. Sorry the sizing on the yoga pants ran small. Enjoy the birthday party for Bella.

I did order the Dream Jeannes pull on pants in wine and black. I had a pair of these when I first started wearing DJ and liked them very much

I also struggled with setting up a years old credit card online with a company that decided to redo its website. I had to choose a new user name and every user name I tried for 15 minutes was already taken. I don't like my new username but it works.

I found this on the order page when you go to submit the order. There is a box checked which says it will send info regarding the order to Messenger. I don't need the info shared to Messenger or possibly Facebook in any way. I unchecked that box quickly. It even had my profile pic from Facebook.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it is a cool beautiful sunny day here with 80's tomorrow.  We need rain, but not too much promised this next week. You had a busy week of subbing, so I say have a fun day.

Bird Mama, prayers that you don't have broken ribs & that you feel better real soon.  Too bad about the pants being too small.  Have fun at the birthday party.

Meallen. Yes, cool temps are so much better than hot weather.  Fall is my favorite time of the year.

I got up late & missed the first 2 hours of AMS.  My only purchase yesterday was a bag of pumpkin latte coffee.  We had it this morning & it is yummy.

Yesterday we went to see Christopher & he is having a rough time.

I was wrong about where his surgery was done at.  He was injured near MKE. but the other schools AD looked at him & taped his foot?  Since the boys have to ride a bus to the game, he had to ride the bus back home which was very painful.

Our dd & dsil got a call to meet him at the HS when he got back home.  He then had an ambulance ride.  Our dd wasn't happy because he was hurt early in the game & the caller was very vague saying that Chris hurt his foot.

He was o.k.'ed to go back to school on Thursday for half a day.  He barely got through AP English & calculus when our dd  had to piucj him up.

He has a wheelchair at home & at school but he couldn't elevate his leg which is very black & blue.  He wanted to go to school yesterday afternoon for his AP psychology class  but couldn't get out of bed by himself.  

Our dd  was teary eyed & said that it is !like getting up with a baby, except that he can tell them what is wrong.  They got a shower bench & a hand held shower head but he needs help getting into the walk in shower.  He has his sisters bedroom which is right by the master bathroom & our dd has a bed o the floor so that she can get him up in the night.  She said that it is almost like camping.

I hope that he can go back to school on Monday.

I walked this morning & I am having a lazy afternoon after we hot tub.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--The pumpkin latte is a great choice for this season. I am sorry that Christopher is having a rough time. I do hope he heals quickly. Recovery from an injury like that is something that really needs monitored. Enjoy your hot tub!!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sounds pretty chilly there, but not here for sure.  It is already in the 90's.  Nights are cooler, which makes my walks more pleasant.  Probably a good idea to pick up some more of the QF jeans you like so much.  

I did not sleep well at all last night, and woke up for the second time around 4:00 a.m.  I had ordered some jog pants yesterday evening, and I was happy to be able to cancel my order.  Total impulse order, and I just don't know that they would work for me.  I did find a top to donate, which is good.  

Nice graphics, meallen.

So sorry to hear about your fall, Bernie.  Hope you don't have broken ribs, and enjoy the birthday party.  Also sorry the yoga pants did not work.  One of the ladies at DH place fell last night, and was sporting a black eye, etc. today.  Her DD brought her an inflatable bed so that she will be closer to the floor in the future.  She took it well, but looked pretty bad.

Your poor grandson, twinny.  Also feel for your DD trying to take care of him.  Glad you got your walk in and have some pumpkin spice coffee.  That is one that I enjoy.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  DH was very sleepy today, but happy as usual.  I think that I'll need a nap this afternoon.  Laundry is going, and I'll do my weekly financial review later.  Dinner will be "salsa chicken" that is cooking in the crockpot.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Jean -  Thank you for starting us, I hope you enjoyed the day today.  Please let me know how your shoes fit, I like the style, reminds me of Clarks.    

Meallen -  Love the graphics.

Bernie -  Sorry about the fall, when you do something, you do it right.  Hope you had a good time at Bella's party.

Twinny -   Enjoy the coffee. Sorry Christopher is having such a hard time, hope your DD gets some rest.  

I started cutting my rose bushes down for the winter.  The Japanese beatles did quite a job on them this year.  I cut them down to the ground, I never go that far down.  It will be interesting to see if they grow next Spring.  If not, I will just replace them.  Who knows , I may just put a bunch of ugly gnomes in the front and I will not have to worry about weeding, pruning or fertilizing them.

Well need to go water my hanging baskets.  Have a good evening everyone.