Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, SEPT. 28)

Greetings, shopping friends. I awakened early this morning to see that AM Style was starting at 6am. I tuned in only to find Amy hosting. I think I watched about an hour and then turned to Hulu and then back to the Q for a few minutes.

I just am not in the shopping mood. I have plenty of things and just can't get excited about shopping. Although I did get the bill from the hospital, I still haven't received the bills from the physicians at the hospital. Add to that the upcoming procedure. I am more concerned about my health than the acquisition of fashions, etc right now. I know this will pass. This is a definite contrast to years past when sometimes I did "feel good" shopping to make myself feel better.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, SEPT. 28)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  LIke you, I am not too tempted by shopping at this time.  Different reason -- upcoming trip, but same result.

It was nice and cool on my walk, and is headed to the upper 80's later today.  We must have had rain yesterday night since I saw lots of puddles this morning, but I missed it.  I saw that there is a drought in DD's area after having a pretty wet summer.  

Although I don't want to share details (concerned about possible issues while I am away), my trip is coming up soon.  I am mostly packed, but not finished.  Also still have plenty to do around the house -- cleaning, etc.  

I noticed Leah wasn't there for AM Style, and the show isn't the same without her (in my opinion.)   I did see an item that might have been of interest if I was in a different mood.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.   Hope everyone has a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

The last two months I’ve shopped quite a bit, and I’m done. I even got some holiday gifts. So now I’m limiting myself to Kindle books. Since those are my favorite things to buy, it’s no punishment.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I know the feeling about medical expenses and not having an urge to shop. Like you say our health is so much more important than shopping. Good luck with your next procedure.   I do shop for myself when I have a painful test done.  The EMG's are terrible for me and I refuse to EVER have another one.  It's like being electrocuted.  My last one several years ago made me sob so much that I bought a beautiful bang  bracelet afterwards & I still wear it often.

Linda, have fun on your trip.  I hope that the weather is nice.  It's been in the 70's all week, but we are supposed to get ☔☔ for the next few days and then colder temps.   We have had a beautiful fall so I hope that it continues for a few more weeks.

Esteemed Contributor

Indoor Kitty, it sounds like you have had some fun shopping, but not going overboard.  I read a lot but mostly paper backs while traveling & at home.  I read from my Kindle sometimes, but I like to hold a book and then the pages.

It's mild today, but we are supposed to get ☔☔☔.  We don't really need it.  My 🍅🍅🍅 plants still have a few tomatoes on them. but the season will soon be over.

I slept in this morning and missed ams.  We have had a busy fun week & are still recuperating from vacation.  

On Tuesday,  we saw Mamma Mia & on Thursday we saw the Neil Diamond tribute.  Both at our very nice senior center. 

On Thursday morning a friend popped in & we had a good visit.  She stopped in twice while we were on vacation only to find nobody home.

Yesterday friends came & we had a good lunch at our local Italian restaurant and then we beat the guys at cards. The new Route 66 cards were lucky ones.

I am having a lazy afternoon by watching the Badger's 🏈🏈🏈 game.  Our dgs was sick a couple of weeks ago with a sore throat, cough etc.  No strep throat thank goodness.  He is doing fine in college and has season tickets for the games.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

I forgot to tell you that I went to our hospitals gift shop this morning and bought a nice of earrings.  They have one item 30% off every Saturday.

I usually wear hoops, but they are a drop earring with 2 rings.  One looks like a Mexican design with a smaller gold tone ring inside of the larger ring.  If I knew how to post, I would.

We are going to one of our nieces wedding next Sunday about an hour away and they will look nice with my dress/short sleeved jacket.  

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte   I hope I can trust google translate Woman Wink

Buon viaggio Linda

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, Bernie