Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, SEPT. 21)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day. In contrast to th e rain, in the Houston area, we have not had rain for several weeks. As a result, all outdoor burning is no longer permitted.

Today is an all-day beautfy event so there is no temptation to me. I am well supplied with a variety of products, some better than others and some that didn't live up to the hype and didn't perform as well as some lower priced drugstore products.

I was up early and did some decluttering in the kitchen. I just found this recommendation in an email that is useful  dthose times that we may feel overwhelmed and don't feel we have the time to accomplish much---or the motivation. Basically, these are quick steps you can do in a short period of time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRXkSIBfZfA

I am feeling more energetic so perhaps I can get a few things done this weekend. I work Monday and Friday with a cardiology appointment on Thuirsday.  I just want to get this whole thing over with. I have booked a hotel in the city to avoid a super early morning drive for the procedure on Oct. 1 and also that night. I don't want to be an hour and a half away from the hospital should a problem develop.

I hope each of you has a wonderful day and weekend. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, SEPT. 21)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I am with you on the beauty event -- no temptations there.  I think it is a good thing since I already have way too much "stuff".  

I completely understand about wanting to get things over with in terms of your procedure.  Good idea about getting the hotel room nearby before and after.

Our area has not gotten nearly the usual amount of summer rain (they call them monsoons) this year.  But, they are predicting rain several days this coming week.  

That was a good decluttering video.  Hope that I can put the ideas into practice today or tomorrow.

I have started my Saturday chores -- laundry and weekly financial review, and I have a hospice visit this afternoon.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--The weather certainly has been unusual this year. You keep on top of your finances with your review. Enjoy your afternoon hospice visit; I know you enjoy helping but I also know it likely brings mixed feelings. I also thought that video was good.

I went to town to get the mail and then to the local supermarket to get some groceries. I think I am ready for a break to read.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello Jean @KonaKat   I think booking a hotel the night before and night of the procedure is genius.  I'm not kidding.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   I hope the visit with your hospice patient goes well today.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise