Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, SEPT. 2)

I meant to add no tsv for me. I use and sell the top skin care in the country..it is a bit cheaper than the tsv and the results are fabulous. Love the stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

Barbara--Good job on the purging. Enjoy the IM TSV; it sounds as if I missed out on a good buy. It is good that the infusion is helping. I used to have horrible bouts with the flu before I started taking the flu shots.  As you know anyone with an impaired immune system or chronic illnesses can be very susceptible to catching all kinds of bugs, so I prefer to head it off as much as possible.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I am sorry that you have the first cold of the season..  I can't get QVC at the motel, so I have no idea what it is.  A good thing probably.

Bird Mama, it is sunny & 70° with possible rain tomorrow.  

Meallen. Cute graphic.

Marijane. I had a good fish fry/ onion rings for lunch yesterday at Jake's in either Well's or ogunquit.  These towns all run together.  Our son & daughter-in-law just arrived. My next yen will be clam chowder in a bread bowl at Quincey Market when one of them has a day off.  Their schedules change & we are flexible.

We went down to the ocean this morning & just got out of the pool.  Both are nice.

I had to buy a toothbrush because I forgot to put it in my tooth brush case.  DUH!  I did buy a pair of slim leg pants yesterday at Van Heusen's when we were at the Kittery Outlet Mall.  They are short length & fit me perfect.  Last year I bought 3 pairs, so now I have every color.

Cerb. Yes, these temps are fabulous.  Sounds like you have the perfect pattern for a quick to make top.  I don't can anything, but I did freeze 10 quarts of tomatoes.  We are trying to get to all 50 states too.  We haven't done WA, OR, NM, OK, or LA.

Linda L. Your upcoming trip sounds like a good one.  My 2nd cousin & her DH are on a Rhodes trip to WA/OR/Canada right now.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Sydsgma, I am sorry that you aren't up to par yet.  I have gotten a flu shot since I was 16, but was told not to get one when I was diagnosed with CIDP 16 years ago.  Then after not getting one for 1 year. my neurologist told me to get one because I was more likely to die from the flu.  I will get my flu shot next month.  

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon all - we will be hot the next couple of days and then a cool down next week.  I'm ready for 70s, tired of A/C.

We get the flu shot at my DH's office, his ins. covers it.  I've had a flu shot for 18 years now, since I do have a compromised immune system.  Have had the flu once or twice in all that time, if I never have the flu again, that will be just fine with me.  Don't know if related, but I've had a cold only once or twice during the period as well.

I'm trying my darnest to keep those CCs hiding.  Haven't really been watching any shopping channels or websites.  Won't look unless I'm searching for something in particular.  Trying to continue to pump up the savings account.

It sounds like everyone needs this long weekend, to relax and recoup.  I've been tired since our vacation and the work getting things back together after the trip.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.  Enjoy yourselves if you're lucky enough to be on vacation.  Be careful in the fire-striken areas.  Not enough water in CA for the fires and much, too much water in TX.  Wish they could pipe that water where it is needed.

Blessings for a lovely weekend with family and friends.  Take care everyone.