Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, SEPT. 10)

Hi ladies,

Image result for enjoy your saturday animated images

Regular Contributor

Marijane, the pool is still open. We will probably have it closed the end of the month.

Bernie, I hope your new tattoo artist is a winner.
Respected Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

Hi ladies,

Image result for enjoy your saturday animated images

@meallen616 That's about my "attitude" these days but I'm not fighting it  lol

Regular Contributor

Spix, nice job on the donations. That is a never- ending project for me.

Snicks, enjoy your time with DDs.
Respected Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
@spix, 3 bags for Salvation Army, you go girl. I have laundry to do also, am procrastinating, lol.

@Snicks1, Due to the fact that our garage sale at the park fell thru, company out of business, so the "stuff" had to go, was not about to keep it, hopefully it'll be of use to some, or whatever they do with donations.

Happy B-Day to trucker girl, waving at her 

Valued Contributor

Hello All,

Just back from the grocery store to pick up a few items, or should I say the items that I somehow missed on my list the last time I went. 

We are still having very warm weather.  I am really ready for the season the change.  I haven't bought much lately but the last few items I have bought have been scarves.  I bought several solid color t shirts last Fall and thought the scarves would be an easy way to dress up. 

I hope everyone has a good weekend.    Gayle

Esteemed Contributor

I read each night, but it is too late to post.

DH & I are having a fabulous beach time vacation.  Yesterday it was our first 90's day, so we left the water at noon & had a good lunch.

Our ds & dil took us to Quincy Market for lunch today. We had a very quick shower as soon as we finished lunch.  Looked in a few stores, but nothing wooed me. Tomorrow we are taking them to Texas Road House for our son's early birthday lunch.

We are heading to Lancaster. PA on Monday.  We plan to be there for about 5 days. I hope to do some fun shopping at the Q Studio store & the outlet stores.

The new news here is that our son is excited because a beautiful Physical Therapy Clinic just opened in his hometown & he starts work there on Tuesday (his birthday ).  He leaves his other job on  Monday.  He will have a 3 minute commute instead of 30 minutes or more.  We went by the new clinic & it is beautiful.  He was the 2nd Dr. hired, but there will be 8 of them soon.  

Hugs to all of you.

Don't know what the TSV is as I haven't seen the Q since last Saturday

Honored Contributor

I am officially tattooed and I couldn't be happier about it. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Yay!!! Glad for you.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Thanks for getting us started, Jean.  That is a movie I would like to see someday -- hope you enjoy it tomorrow.

Congratulations on your tattoo, Bernie.  Good to see you posting, Karen. Waves to snicks, Essie, Marijane, twinny, meallen, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but the painters came late yesterday, and did not leave until 6:30 or so.  I spent most of the evening putting things back into the two rooms that were carpeted.  Good news is that I like the carpet.  I'll need to clear out the living room and dining room furniture that I can move before Monday morning.  The good news there is that I should be able to put everything back during the week.  

DH seemed fine today -- I fed him lunch (really dinner), and we walked around several times.  His son and DIL called me this morning, and we had a nice talk.  His son will be visiting us later this month (just a day and a half or so).  I called his DD from the facility, and she told me that his half sister (we had visited with her in 2012) had passed away in May.  Then, his cousin (her son) had a heart attack.  But, apparently he is doing okay.  Another relative (long story) had bypass surgery, and she is doing well.  But, there will be a pretty long recovery period, and she will need to change her lifestyle.

I found quite a few books to donate (DH's) and I took care of that today.  Meanwhile, I found a small table for DH's room, and I took that there.  I think it will be fine.

With all the money I am spending on the house, I am not having trouble avoiding clothing purchases and I never went for expensive purses.  Hope I "stick to my guns" on that one.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda