Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCTOBER 30)

Good Afternoon!  Hope everyone is having a good Saturday.  Our weather is nice.  Cool in the morning with a high of 84 degrees predicted.  I know some of you would find that way too hot, but I really enjoy it.  And, the house has cooled down enough that I don't need to turn on the AC.

Nothing at all exciting to report.  I didn't have any problems with the grocery pick-up for the hospice caregiver yesterday, and I made it to the gym.  Also found some of those lemon drops I wanted to have on hand.

Laundry is going, and I will do my weekly financial review later.  Also hope to do an exercise DVD.  At the gym yesterday, I met an 82 year old lady who loves to exercise and was going strong.  Great role model for me.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCTOBER 30)

Hi Everyone!

It's overcast and raining again today. We had rain all night and the same is predicted for tonight. It's cool and foggy. The ground seems to be absorbing the rain so that's the good thing. No high wind or branches down with this storm so I'm happy.

I'm taking a breather as I was peeling more wallpaper in the hallway. I'm halfway down on oneof of  wall. It's slow going but it's not as bad as the spare room. I stop when I get onr bag of wallpaper bits filled or if I start to feel a migraine or the stomach is giving me grief .It takes a while to ipe down the baseboards and moulding and gather up  all the bits from the carpet/floor. I have a queen size sheet down but somehow bits are everywhere. I sure can have fun on a Saturday. LOL

I received the Chris Prime Birthday Special buy of L&L the other day. It was a great buy and under $20! I decided that I would rearrange the refrig a bit and use a few of the pieces to hold all those little items. (lemon juice/lime juice/condiments from take out) They seem to travel all over the shelf no matter what I use. That was just enough to make a difference. I rearranged the pantry with a few other pieces. Phase 2 I'll save for a snowy day. I needed to do something small that could be done in one attempt. 

I watched part of a gift show with Sandra and MaryBeth. It was pleasant because it had practical presents. Nothing caught my eye but I don't have any new ideas on my list for the men or soon to be GDIL yet. I still have to buy dog toys for the dogs and granddogs. I don't feel that panic that I usually have because I started early this year. I'll have to finish it up soon so I can check that off the list before I start the trees.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, it was rainy and drizzly here on Thursday, so we were dodging the rain trying to get groceries.  The stores are well stocked in what we were looking for so it was a  quick easy job for us.  The leaves are beautiful.  We like to take several road trips this time of the year.  It's a nice sunny 50's today and supposed to be sunny and 40's all of next week.  I am loving every minute of it.  I will soon be looking forward to snow--just not a foot at a time.

Fressa, my dh has his previous eye glasses, but thanks for telling me about your readers. Our ds has had contacts since he got out of Jr. High School.  When he got out of college & several patients were asking him if he was still in college,  he started to wear glasses again. Now he wears both.  I had contact lenses many years ago, but never really liked them.  

I have a sore ankle.  We went to the gym on Thursday and yesterday and I think it's from the first machine that I go on.  I have been icing it & might use the heating pad tonight.

My dh went to see his Mom this morning. She fell out of bed about 6 a.m. & when meals on wheels came at noon the house was locked up.  They called her ds & he was outside raking the lawn so they left a message which he discovered at 1.00 p.m.  She has no broken bones, but is still in the hospital.  On Monday, she will be moved to a PT facility 30+ miles from home for 21 days & be in quarantine for the first 14 days so no visitors during that time.  My dh said it was a beautiful drive to her town.  We are thinking about going on a day trip on Monday or Tuesday.

We just got out of the hot tub.  It always feels good for our aches and pains.

I got an update from my brother yesterday. He had a small piece of the lower intestine removed and the tumor which was non cancerous.  He can't go back to work until 11/08 & is on light duty until March.  He said that he is having a few food/stomach problems.  Probably like I had 40 years ago when I had my gallbladder removed.  

After having children in the house for 28 years they haven't had time to be "empty nesters." The youngest one (only dd) after 3 ds's just started college at a 4 year nursing school in IA.  Now they have 2 dc in the same state going to different colleges and both on a different Swim Team schedules.  I am so glad that those years for us are in the rear view mirror.

We are going to our favorite Italian restaurant for dinner.  Yesterday, I had a good lunch out with 2 of my former co-workers.  On Wednesday, I took my bf out for lunch as it was her birthday.  She sent me the sweetest email on Thursday.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa, we were posting at the same time.  You have a lot of patience for removing wall paper.  Just think how nice it will look when it's ALL done.  My next project is to repaint my dh's bathroom.  Right now I am celebrating the end of summer. I could do without June-August. We are enjoying our beautiful Fall weather.  It looks like you have a wedding coming up.  Is it this year?  

Glenda