Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT.8)

[ Edited ]

HEllo ladies.. chilly morning here, no sun out yet.  I hope the PT will solve your medical problems Jean.  I checked out those sketchers....I have a pair I ordered last year  ,I saw them on Zuilily a few weeks ago and ordered another black and brown pair too.Last years one has been worn out ,ok for around the house through.

I hope you get your burning done Snicks..we are not allowed to burn anything in our town.  

WIll you keep trying to get those boots Bernie...I have had bare traps sandals in the past and liked them.

Eessie the apple cake sounds great, I have never made one.

Have a great time tonight Twinny..are the Sons of the Pioneers a musical group?

Good luck with loading/decorating your new RV Kathleen.

That's about all going on here,doing some laundry and other house  "stuff".   Have a. Nice day everyone.......    Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Essie--The apple cake sounds like a great option today. Enjoy the game at home; that would be my preference also.

Bernie--Sorry you are having problems ordering the boots. Perhaps it is a sign but as you said, there are always other options that are more secure.

Yes, scheduling the PT is a pain. I had checked locally but they are reduced in staff and are booked up. Since I have to see the doctor again in December, I need to get this process started. As a result, I will be going to the city to use one of the physical therapy places associated with the medical practice. They have an excellent reputation. I had PT from the local place over ten years ago..and enough said.

Twinny--Glad you had a good night's sleep.Enjoy the Sons of the Pioneers tonight as well as the Farmer's market.

Marijane--I had considered ordering another pair of the Sketchers TSV since it isn't that much more now, but saw the shoes you had last year and decided they would work well in the house, as well as being slightly less expensive. Your repeated purchase of them speaks to their quality.

I have a book that is calling me, so I think I will be having relaxation time with Midnight and the heating pad on lower back. I'll try to keep the back as relaxed as possible, as sometimes the pain and numbness does a number at night, keeping me awake.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Here it goes:

brush pile burning.jpg

Here's what is left now:

walnut tree after.jpg

It went fast, considering the tree was cut down only a few weeks ago. I hate having a pile of brush in my yard, lol. And I do like burning it. Glad we can, here.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Marijane, they are a singing group that was started by Roy Rogers a long time ago, but the group are very popular yet.

SNICK's, good job on the brush pile burn.  They started a burn ban many years ago & I don't know any towns around that can still do it.  It actually started when there was a fatal car accident due to smoke coming across the road.

Bird Mama, I like to match my boots to my coat, but when it is real cold, I wear the warmest ones.

DH blew the leaves this morning & is now mowing.  The grass is longer than he thought it was.

The hot tub felt so good today since it is cooler outside.

I got 2 cukes at the farmers market for 25¢ each, a bunch of beets for $2.00 & a squash for $2.00.  Still some nice things today.  I did walk too, but not as long since my infusion is wearing off this week.  

I am making pizza for supper as I have fresh mushrooms to use up & some good Swiss cheese that I bought at the factory last week.

The sunshine is heating up the house nicely. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry your PT scheduling is not easy.  That is so often the case when you are working.  I remember trying to schedule my appointments around days off, but that did not work at all for physical therapy when I broke my arm.  And, the PT place was quite far from the office, so it took a hunk out of my workday.

Happy Birthday to Barbara!

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  

That brushpile burning was quite impressive, snicks.  That has not been legal where I lived in Maryland for many years, and I am sure that is the case here in the desert.  But, I do remember when you would smell burning leaves in the Fall.

DH seems to be doing fine, and I fed him lunch.  I am afraid that I'm coming down with a cold, so I have been trying the zinc pills, etc. to avoid it.  It is pretty warm here today (much more Jean weather than twinny weather), and it was in the 60's when I took my walk this morning.  I'm happier in tn the sun and warm weather, so that is fine by me.

I joined a "Fitbit" workweek challenge, and I came in first (most steps in five days).  But, my feet were hurting, and I have decided not to join the next challenge unless it is no time soon.  I think my current level of exercise is fine for me.  Maybe someday I will feel the need to "step it up".

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Snicks--Great job on the burning! That really went fast and definitely got the job done.

Twinny--Pizza sounds great for dinner, and you found some great items at the Farmer's Market.

Linda--Congrats upon winning the Fitbit challenge. You are the best judgement of what level of activity is appropriate for you, so join a challenge when you feel the need. I'm glad that DH is doing well, and hopefully you can avoid that cold.

I finished the book with Midnight curled up by me. For some reason, he has been excessively clingy today so he spent far longer curled up with me than usual. I'm now watching TV with a heating pad on the back.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@sydsgma1

Hey, Barbara......

Image result for elegant birthday flowers

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday @sydsgma1!
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

The fire sure was pretty.  As I kid, I liked fire - not enough to need psychiatric help or anything, lol.

DSW's site was up and running and I gave it one more try - got the boots for $59.95.

Image result for bare traps andrea

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama, persistence paid off, lol. Good for you, I like them.