Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT.8)

Good morning, shopping friends.. It is a nippy morning here and right now, I have heating pad on lower back as I watch AM Style. I just saw a preview of a Clarks boot that looks as if it is worth waiting to see presented.

I do like the Sketchers TSV but decided to get another version for wearing around the house. A269619. The reviews looked good. I'll likely also get the WEN 613 gift set as I love 613. I need to reign in the shopping so  having seen the Clarks boot, I like it but there is too much suede for our bad weather conditions in Winter.

I see Kathleen and DH have purchased their new RV and soon will be treking to their new location in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. We wish them the best in their new endeavors and location.

I may be going back to the city today as the cabinets are screaming out "Fill me; we are empty!" I didn't have time to do it yesterday.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT.8)

Hi everyone,

http://www.kappit.com/tag/meme-cat/

Honored Contributor

Good Morning @KonaKat  and @meallen616

I'm half watching AM style myself.  It's a bit chilly here and I noticed the trees are dancing (windy) so I'm waiting for the wind and sun to burn/blow off the dew on the grass so I can cut it.

I think I will probably order those gray baretraps winter boots I talked about in a previous thread.  My $10 off DSW coupon expires tomorrow so that will get me off of dead center.  

Other than that, no too much excitement in my world. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thanks for the great graphic; it reflects my thinking right now on this dreary day.

Bernie--There won't be many mowings left for the grass, which will leave me some money to spend elsewhere. Enjoy the Baretrap boots; a $10 coupon can't go to waste, especially if you were going to order them.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Good morning all and thanks for the start @KonaKat. Chilly here also, coolest of the year, so far. Hope you enjoy your purchases, and get some food in those cabinets, lol.

@meallen616, perfect graphic for how I am feeling this morning, but will have to ignore what I feel like doing and get a couple things done, lol.

@Bird mama, yep, if you want those boots, get them while you can use that coupon. I am so bad about letting a coupon expire on something I really want, need to watch them better. I will be mowing grass for several more weeks, hoping to mow more and rake less this year, lol.

I think today is the day to try to get my brushpile burned. Cool day, no wind to speak of, just hope it's not wet from yesterday morning's rain. That will be my main project for the day.

Hope everyone has a nice day. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Snicks--Let's get that brushpile burned as long as it meets the hours permitted to burn things like that. I could never remember our local requirements but since I rarely burn anything, it isn't a major concern here. As far as coupons are concerned, if it isn't an item I've been considering purchasing or don't think I have a need for, I often let them go unused.

Yesterday, I went to the orthopedic back surgeon to get the results of all the tests.  Basically, I don't have a slipped disc. Instead, I have a vertebrae which has slipped out of line in the spinal column. There is a fancy name for the condition but basically, I am faced with having physical therapy for it and if that doesn't work, then surgery might be necessary to get it to behave This is a video that explains it as well as the symptoms, etc., most of which I have.

http://www.spine-health.com/video/spondylolisthesis-symptoms-and-causes-video

Respected Contributor

Morning, Thanx @KonaKat for the start, happy shopping to fill those cabinets.

@Snicks1 hope you get your burning done, my DD can burn in her town but here it's not allowed, love the smell of burning leaves

@meallen616, Thank You for giving me an excuse  lol

@Bird mama get those boots, it'll make you happy. hope your grass dries off so you can cut

Still haven't hit the shower, must get that done first, then I think an apple cake is on the menu, the apples must be used up.

Other than that just feeling lazy like the cat, tonite of course is the Cubs game, we're up by 1, good feeling to win the first game of the series, I'll watch at home, have no desire to go out among all those crazy fans, many of my family/friends do that but I'll pass.

Waves & Hugs to all

Essie

Honored Contributor

Well, I've tried several times and the DSW site is having major issues.  At first I thought it was Chrome so I tried through Explorer.  At this point, I am not that worried about the boots.  More worried about my CC information landing up in the wrong place with the HTTP errors on that site.  The shoe style is sold elsewhere so I can always pay a little more, lol.

It's not like I don't have winter boots - just wanted gray ones to match my coat.  Believe me I can wear any color if it's cold enough.  By then I won't care if the boots match the coat.

I went outside and groped the grass - it's almost ready to be mowed out front (rising sun hits that area first).

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

So do the doctors feel PT is successful for getting your vertebrae back into place?  Scheduling PT as a working person is going to be a PITA :-(

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it was in the 30's last night & I slept perfect.  Good luck with your grocery shopping & I hope that PT helps your back.  Medicine has come so far in preventing surgery.

Spix, Apple cake sounds so yummy.  Especially with a cup of coffee.  Enjoy your lazy day.

Bird Mama, I also 1/2 watched ams.  DH is blowing leaves, but will  be mowing next week.  Enjoy your DSW coupon.  I haven't had their coupons for a while.

SNICK's. I am loving cooler temps.  Good luck with your brush pile burn.

I did get laundry hung out & am now heading to the farmers market.

DH & I are going to see the Son's of the Pioneer's tonight at our HS PAC.  We saw them years ago in Branson & enjoyed therm.

I am also wishing RC & her DH good luck with the move & new jobs.

Hugs to all of you.