Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT. 3)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started Jean.  Your purchases sound nice.  I tend to buy in spurts myself.  Most of my recent purchases have been for the house rather than clothes or shoes, but I am definitely a lover of clothes and shoes.  When I looked at the TSV, I almost laughed out loud.  Definitely not winter time here.  It is pretty cool on our walks in the morning, but then the heat arrives.  Today, it may only get into the low 90's, and tomorrow even cooler.  Next week, the highs are expected to be in the 80's -- I guess Fall is coming.  But, hats, scarves, and gloves are a very long way off, and I have plenty.  

Hope you enjoy the movie when you see it.  I have heard good reviews.  Not a subject of interest to me, however I will probably watch once it is available on Netfix.

Enjoy your Saturday, Bernie.  I will be doing my usual weekly accounting later.  I do have a monthly budget, but I keep track of everything at least weekly.

Have fun shopping with your DGD this week, snicks.  I would love to be able to do that with mine, but the distance makes that extremely difficult.  

Hi Marijane -- interesting about your son kindling your "space" interest.  I have to say I look to your FB posts for information on celestial happenings.  That is enough information for me -- not too much or too little if that makes sense.

Trash bags are definitely needed around here, Jean.  I usually buy the everyday bags at COSTCO (large quantity), but I don't have nearly as many of those lawn and yard ones.

Bike shorts, Kathleen?  I had a couple of pairs of what I considered to be fitness shorts, but I decided one was sufficient.  I usually don't wear shorts in public, and I prefer looser ones (lightweight denim, etc.) for around the house.  I associate bike shorts with those with lots of spandex and they can be pretty hot.  Am I thinking of the wrong sort of shorts?  

Glad you are having nice weather there.  I do open my windows in the morning, but later in the day they are closed and the AC is back on.  Maybe next week that will change.

Hope you find a job you love -- it pays to be picky sometimes.  How are things going with your DH's job?  

Waves to Arlene, twinny, Susan, LindaR, Charlene, Karen, Rosa, Barbara, Gayle,  pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

Nothing exciting going on here.  I am trying to do some cleaning and grout repair as well as my usual laundry and financial review.   I do plan to go to the grocery store later since they are having some nice produce on sale.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I happened to stumble across a new Denim & Co vest.  I really like the style, but the price is making me cough (lol).  A270167

Denim & Co. Quilted Button Front Vest with Pockets - A270167

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Hi girls! 

It's definitely fall outside today - it's chilly (60°) and the pouring rain makes it seem even colder - I actually got out long-sleeved PJs last night, and have a robe jacket on right now. (I can't stand long robes.) I have no plans to go anywhere today, but I do need to get my homework done and also get the purses organized. 

Jean, from what I can see the Kindle Voyage is just for reading - am I right?  I've had my eye on the new 8" HD Kindle; I thought my favorite bear might get it for me for Christmas, but I got a PM from a FB friend - sweet Christian guy whom I've never met in person and no doubt won't until heaven - said he had another Amazon gift card sent to me, so maybe...  (They're usually $100 - $150.)  I'll check the mailbox when the rain lets up.

For once you all have mentioned a movie I might be interesed in seeing - space exploration is something I look forward to doing in eternity.  Cat Happy  Can you imagine exploring all the galaxies?  Hopefully it'll come to the cheapie theater, or else I'll rent the DVD from Redbox - this new laptop plays DVDs, which my older (more expensive) one doesn't. 

That's a nice vest, Bird, but with tax and S&H it would come to $55 or so, and I wouldn't wear it nearly enough to justify the price, which, IMO, is far too high even if I would wear it often.  In fact, I have to keep reminding myself that I don't go out much when the weather turns cold, so I really have to refrain from buying anything else - it makes me sick when at the end of each season I put away many beautiful things that never got used.  Cat Sad Warm PJs are the only thing I know for sure I'll wear, but I have more than enough. 

When I got up I found that the cats have broken one of my living room table laps - the part where the bulb goes in has snapped off. Cat Mad  The laps are in a leaf motif, as is my entire living room; I'm hoping that Victor can repair it, since he's an electrician.  I love my furkids, but sometimes....

LindaL, what I liked best about the "Sister Act" movie was the wonderful old songs they sang.  In the stage version there were only about two songs, neither which I recall having heard before, and one of them - "Take Me to Heaven" - was sung over and over throughout the show so it got pretty boring.  As usual, though, the casting was great; I really enjoy the Chattanooga Theatre Company. Usually the tickets are $35-$30, but I got one of the few seats that was $15 that they offer on occasion: first row, off to the side, but with a perfect view of the stage.  Especially compared to $10.50 for a movie ticket, that's a bargain.

Well, I guess I should get the homework done and out of the way.  I still haven't gotten around to making my stuffed cabbage, which MUST get done today.  I'd love to go back to Cook Out for one of their wonderful burgers, but I try not to eat too much red meat, which the stuffed cabbage has, so that will have to wait until later in the week.

Hi to everyone; have a blessed day!

Respected Contributor

Again, my reply disappeared.  Linda the bike shorts are what I wear once a month. Smiley Very Happy My current selection of 3 (only 1 here with me) are years old.  It was time to replace.

Respected Contributor

Ladies, I LOVED the anorak jacket!  I do not get to wear jackets here, don't even buy long sleeves or sweaters because it is just too hot and those things do not get worn.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Your temps sound fine to me, and you definitely wouldn't have need of the TSV. Some people must, however, as I think I just heard them say over 100,000 had been sold. I envision many people getting these as Christmas gifts. I thought the same thing you did about the bike shorts as that is what we call them here....the lycra shorts used in biking, exercise, etc. but different areas have different terminology.

Arlene--The Kindle Voyage is just for reading. I can read for short periods on a tablet but when I read for long periods, an e-reader is a must. It is far easier on the eyes, easier to handle, and definitely easier to read in sunshine. I already have a Kindle HD tablet which I use for travel and for appointments, etc. I bought a 10.1 inch Galaxy Tab 4 tablet before Amazon introduced the 10 inch version. I really like the Galaxy Tab. You really snared a great price on the tickets, plus decent seating. 

Bernie--Nice vest but I think I will pass. The price is "interesting." I've only had one vest in my life; I just am not a lover of them but many people really look great in them.

I'm in the midst of reading a great novel. It combines some science fiction, theology, man versus machine, and a lot of philosophy. I probably would not have bought it had I seen it in a store. It was offered as a freebie download for a short period of time, so based upon the reviews, hundreds at almost a full five star rating, I decided to bite. Of course, a new book is coming out in this series, so the freebie is designed to whet the appetitite to buy the new one.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

My JCP order arrived this afternoon, as the rain started.  The order was complete and accurate (I was concerned a little when there was a delay in filling it), and all of the items fit.  I'm currently washing the new pieces as I have no idea what is sprayed on them to preserve them on the boat trip to America (wink).

Not a bad haul for $10.20 out of my pocket. 

The D&Co vest appealed to me because it was not nylon, shiny or a puffer variety.  It looks feminine, like something that could be layered for the office - not in your face outerwear or cold weather wear.

I'll mull it over some more :-)

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for letting me know, Kathleen.  Your "bike shorts" are nothing like the ones I was thinking of.  

Glad you like your JCP items, Bernie.  I used to wear vests quite often, but I have not done so often in the past few years.  I still have two or three, which is plenty for as often as I wear them.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Glad your JCP gems worked well for you. You certainly did well. If that vest keeps calling to you, it might be a good item to add.

I see my IM TSV boots are in Virginia Beach on way to a UPS facility. I will report a personal scientific observation; as the temperatures decrease and the weather gets gloomier, my SAD sets in and I buy more. More sushine, less buying!!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

I can see how SAD could contribute to shopping.  I don't have it - I have a case of rewarditis (lol).

I didn't pay attention to my JCP rewards program - just joined recently and frankly didn't know what it was about. 

I really like the quality of the corduroy pants that were delivered today. 

I am thinking about ordering a red pullover sweater and gray cords.

$42 for a tall sweater and tall cords (cheaper than the D&CO vest)

$30 in rewards

I think I will be patient and wait for the 25% off coupon which is bound to drop in my email tomorrow late evening (rofl).