Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT. 3)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a dreary day with rain expected again today but nothing like that which is or will be experienced by those in the Carolinas and Virginia  and north.

Right now, I'm watching AM Style but I need to put the brakes on the shopping. I have the IM TSV boots in bordeaux on their way, the SG TSV jacket in the process of shipping, and the Amazon big delivery on Monday of the Kindle Voyage and cover. My shopping seems to go in spurts.

I do like the looks of the G.I.L.I. Obi belt but there is no way that I would pay that much  money for a belt as I don't wear them that often, but I see they are making the price of $86 more attractive with 5 easy payments.

I'll be going to the city this weekend but I am undecided as to whether to do it today or tmorrow. Call me lazy but right now, I'm enjoying sitting here and relaxing. The only reason I have for going to the city is to see "The Martian."

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT. 3)

Good Morning Jean, thanks for getting us started today.  It's overcast here and on the windy side.  The boots you ordered are pretty.  I don't know what the SG TSV looks like, but you have good taste so I'm sure it's also good looking.  I hope you like your new Kindle.  Have fun at the movie, whichever day you decide to see it.

I don't have too much on my agenda for the day.  Just the usual - tidy around the house, laundry etc.  I do need to hit the recycle center and may grab a pizza for lunch/dinner on the way home.  I need to do my month end budget/accounting for September. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Good morning all, thanks for starting us off today KK. I am like you in that I tend to shop in spurts. I did recently get "birdmama's" anorak jacket and am trying to keep it at that for now. But, am meeting my eldest grandchild in a city about 2 hours away from me on Wednesday for lunch and some shopping, so I am sure I will find something then. I am really looking forward to seeing her, it's been a while. I don't blame you in the least for spending time relaxing. I don't wear belts very often either, although I have quite a few. Not too much going on here, I think it will be a quiet weekend. Waves to everyone, will check back later.

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Ladies.....thanks for starting Jean....looks as if you have some nice items coming your way as Charlene does too.  Hope you are pleased with them.

It's a rainy chilly day here too....I think we have made up for the lack of rain over the summer and then some.....but it could be snow so not complaining.

I also want to see The Martian...I read the book and loved it.  My youngest DS is the one who got me interested in all this space stuff, ISS etc.and had left it here...I liked it so much I went out and bought my own copy. I had seen a clip of the astronauts in ISS talking about the movie which they had seen...they seemed to enjoy it.  

Not much going on here, the  Yankees will be playing a double header today, since the game last night was rained out so I know that's one thing I will be doing today .....tomorrow ends the season.

Have a nice day everyone......Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marijane--I haven't read the book but the reviews are great. I've always been interested in space exploration, etc. I so agree that rain is far better than the nasty snow. It is pretty but it is so hard to navigate the roads or get out when a snow hits. It seems with declining revenue the roads are treated less and less in Winter with priority given to heavily traveled roads, translated as interstates and primary roads. Country roads may take you home but only if cleared in the winter.

Snicks--Enjoy your lunch and shopping outing with your grandchild. Creating memories is important. Enjoy "Bird's" jacket.  I'm a "jacket-holic" but that style is not one that appeals to me but others look great in it.

Bernie--I think days like this are designed to get the minor chores around the house done. I use a budget program that automatically updates everything as I enter the info and presents lovely graphs of how well I'm doing. Tracking expenditures is a great way to see where the money is going and where things need to be modified. Pizza sounds great!

I did 30 minutes of minor tidying and tossing I see a need to buy another big supply of 30 gallon trashbags. Now, that is really an exciting purchase.

The Fall colors are showing near Blackwater Falls State Park in West Virginia in this sunset picture They are just beginning to turn in my area:

WVSunset.JPG

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends!  It is lovely here, 60 degrees and a cool breeze blowing in.  The first time I've been able to open windows in months.  I applied for a few jobs this morning, but am being very picky about which ones I apply to. 

I also tend to shop in spurts.  I ordered about 9 pairs of bike shorts from Target that I need to try on and return the ones that I won't keep.  Tried some on in the store but the selection was VERY limited.  I have my other pair of black boots coming in, and this morning ordered a tee that I liked in the store a LOT but did not have a coupon on me so did not bring it home.  Here it is

Let's see if I can post - hate it when I write in and respond then you never see what I wrote.  It's like walking out in the middle of a conversation.

Trusted Contributor

My posts  are being lost too Kathleen then I can't sign in because they are telling me my pass word is wrong.  if this  one goes thru on first try maybe I have figured out something. I signed out then signed in again before going on board ..typing my email and password all over again......maybe it will work ..we will see.     Hope you like the bike shorts when you get them.....good luck on your job applications.......I am sure you will find one to your liking.     

Trusted Contributor

it posted on first try...maybe that's the secret.....sign out when finished posting.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kathleen--Enjoy your Fall day and fresh air. It pays to be picky about some jobs as some may seem great financially but the atmosphere of the workplace makes it a loser. Enjoy your new boots and shorts.

Marijane--I just sign into the forum before I start posting and keep  the window to the forum open after posting while I tab browse other sites. If I have to check order status, I have to sign in there but other than that I have had only one problem signing in when it didn't recognize my password which might have been a type as I'm having a problem with a stuck key that doesn't always register.

I keep looking at that TSV presentation. I cannot stand things like that on my head. I'm not spending hours outside in the winter; it is a quick dash from car to inside. If I need something on head, I can use one of those long neck scarves or ear muffs. I just don't like tight pressure of that  type of head covering in the TSV. The rest of it might be o.k.

I think it is time to have some soup for lunch and then read. Midnight will make a warm cuddle buddy while I read.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I never had a problem with these boards till last week.....I am still getting a notice of " enter a body". Arlene had mention a few days ago she was too......still can't figure out what the heck that means!