Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT 27)

Good afternoon, shopping friiends. The month is drawing to a close on a dreary, rainy note...and the last days left do not show improvement. 

I decided I needed to replace my camera despite it still doing a great job. The camera is still being sold on Amazon with excellent reviews. I just decided that after six years,   I wanted a new one despite the old one doing a great one. This is a Nikon and updated version of the one I have. The neat thing about Amazon is that it keeps your order history forever, so you can track down when an item was purchased. The camera was older than I thought. This one has a 40X optical zoom instead of the 28x on the older one.

That is my shopping indulgence for today. The coming months will be a challenge to reduce the spending as Australia looms ahead in late March.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely one day at a time.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT 27)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for getting us started Jean @KonaKat  It's overcast with occasional spritzes of rain and 44 degrees here.  I thought I might start raking leaves this weekend but rain is forecast so I'll wait for more leaves to fall off the trees and by the time I rake it will be worth the effort I put into it. 

My husband had a fancy Nikon camera that was the shizzle when he bought it in 2001.  I never really used that thing and preferred using my 35mm film camera after he died.  It became difficult to find places that developed the film so after Presto, my youngest sparrow joined the family in 2013 I said, I have got to have a camera to document her development.  I ordered a red Canon powershot from a place in New York and had it by the time she was a week old.  

Image result for red canon powershot sx260hs

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, it's a crummy rainy windy day here too Jean and so far our power is still working.  we had received a code red  phone call from out town last night about the nor Easter expecting to hit us and the possible flooding and power outages .

My son came home from the hospital Thursday and is up here with us...he will be here for awhile..still very tired and weak but getting stronger every day.

Not much else going on..I hope everyone in this storms path stays  safe....and I always say...it could be snow!!....maybe in a few months it will be!      Have a nice day....Marijane.

Honored Contributor

From a shopping standpoint, I'm waiting for an item that I ordered from the Prince estate store.  I've never been one to wear 'concert' t shirts with the artists faces on them so, since I live in Michigan and like the color gray, I ordered this hat Woman Happy

Beanie

A couple of weeks ago one of my former coworkers texted me that there was going to be a get together tonight at a local bar and grill that has karaoke nights.  It starts at 9 pm which won't be a problem for me since the place is maybe 3 miles away.  We'll see how it goes.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, after a few nice sunny days, it has been mostly cloudy but no rain.  We might get a bit of rain tonight and tomorrow.  I can't believe that October is almost over.  The colors are pretty around here and yesterday when I was gazing out of the picture window I saw that one of our neighbor's large beautiful had partly blown down.  The funny thing was that we haven't had any windy days here. I hope that you like your new camera.  Going to Australia next March would be a good reason for you to upgrade your camera too    I upgraded my Canon a couple of years ago and I really like it.  

Bird Mama, your camera choice looks nice too.  I am not a photographer.  I need something that I can aim & shoot.

Marijane, I hope that you don't lose your power with this next storm.  I would rather have snow than rain.  I love fall & winter as long as we don't get a foot of  ❄❄❄ at one time.  We don't have sidewalk to shovel, just a driveway.  I am glad that your ds is showing improvement.  It is nice that he can recuperate at your place.  My DH is getting back to his normal self and turned another corner for the better on Thursday.

I am more tired than normal because I am not used to doing most of the house work by myself.  He did mow the lawn last week and did rake blow the leaves to the street a few days ago.  Now he is patiently waiting for the city to pick them up.

I had a nice lunch out yesterday with some friends that I used to work with.

Nothing big planned for today except taking my moped downtown to the library and maybe a little walk if I feel up to it.

My DH is setting the table which means that it is lunch time.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--It looks as if we both like red cameras  I do hope you have a good time tonight.

camera.JPG

Marijane--I really hate the sound of the "snow" word. It can be pretty but it can also cause many problems. I do hope the coming storm doesn't result in power loss.

Twinny--I am glad you are having good Fall foilage color. It is a good time to use your camera to capture the color. I do hope you feel better; pace yourself!

I finished a book and started another one. It definitely is good reading weather. I have no desire to venture out. Dark gloomy and wet weather is not my friend.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started, Jean. 

Hope you enjoy your new camera.  As twinny said, it will probably come in handy when you take your Australia trip this spring.  It sort of reminds me of my "good" camera that I bought on recommendation of my SIL who does a lot of photography.  Unfortunately, I have not used it much since it is a bit more effort than the smaller camera I already had. 

Does it use batteries or do you need it charge it from the computer/AC adapter?  I was wondering since I am not sure how easy it will be to change my camera when I take my Italy trip.  I guess I could buy an adapter if I don't already have one packed away somewhere.  I know that I had purchased an adapter when I went overseas, but it was been five pus years, and I put it away in a "safe" place.

Sorry your weather isn't nice.  It is sunny and warm/hot here.  I know you would like it much better.

HI Bernie.  Enjoy the get together tonight if you decide to attend.  Hope you like the hat you ordered.  

Glad your son is getting better, Marijane.  What an ordeal he has had.  Sorry about your weather, but glad you still have power. 

Hope you enjoyed your time at the library, twinny. Glad you had fun with your friends yesterday.  Try not to overdo things.  Hopefully, your husband will be able to help more soon.  

The White Elephant Parade was good as usual.  I ended up carrying a placard advertising the free rootbeer floats our church had after the parade.  I was surprised at how much effort was involved in just holding up a sign and walking.  It got pretty warm, but I did okay.  We had a couple of kids on our float, and they were very cute.  

The parade route was only about 1 1/2 miles, but I did a lot more walking getting there and back.  So, I don't have too much more walking to do today to get in my steps.  But, I have lots of chores like doing the laundry and my weekly financial review.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda