Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT 26)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. The rainy day is preventing the garage clean out I had planned. Oh well, I'm getting a free car wash.

I did watch AM Style but the only things I remember being presented was the Tova collection and the Bell flexibelle jeans with all the sparkling embroidery on the rear end. I've tried Tova but it never elicitrd comments and I have no desire for a sparkling rear end. I didn't pay much attention as it was really background entertainment while I surfed the net and paid more bills.

I did make a run to the Post Office to pick up a package from Amazon and one from the Q. I'll open them sometime later. The item from Amazon is an item to make cleaning the windshield easier to replace the one I've hadd for some time and the one from the Q is D&C French Terry pull on pants.

This is an interesting read on "you are not your clothes:"

https://medium.com/@avissiva281/you-are-not-your-clothes-b6701ccb7334

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT 26)

Hi Everyone !

It's going to a rainy weekend but I'm still going to get the remainder of the solar lights placed somewhere outside. I had purchased them for the extenstion to the fence. Now that has been pushed back until next year I'm uneasy about letting them remain in the box. The gas company still hasn't installed the remote meter. I did see them at the neighbor's house (just one house) It was not a quick install like the water company. He did his meter and left. When I saw the set up that he has that answered my question of where to end the new fence line. At least I have one question answered.

I woke up late and missed part of AM Style but really didn't see anything that sparked my attention for myself or gifts. I caught about 10 minutes of David's Down Home Christmas show last night and he said they were already taking suggestions for next year's items. They have a meeting planned soon. Christmas is not planned 1 year in advance. I had a home decor business for 5 years and at that time they planned the seasons and holidays 6 months in advance. That was years ago. I do like the oversized items because I'm doing fewer items but a larger scale. The reviews have been mixed so I'm a "no" on the OTO. I'm thinking they are probabaly returns. I also am not sure if I prefer the resin to the metal. My preference is carved wood but that's way out of my budget. 

I had purchased the Anybody lounge pant with the ribbed side panel and the top to match months ago. They are a more medium/light weight. I wouldn't wear them to the store but they are great around the house and as p.j.'s. I didn't get overheated in them during the night so I was pleased. I got them when they were a TSV. Now, I am not regretting the purchase. 

We purchased the "Tim Taylor" style blower for my husband  during the summer. That thing has some power. It blew my gazing ball off the stand from the side draft. It does make the leaf "round-up" task done in half the time. 

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--I do hope you get your solar lights placed and they are in good working condition. Like you, I had a set I didn't get around to placing but when I took them out in the Spring, they were fine. That was one powerful blower. I have not bought the Anybody line but I do like warm casual things around the house.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Unlike your and Fressa's areas, it is nice and sunny here.  It should make it up in the mid '80's today, but was cool on my walk this morning.  Today is the day of the "White Elephant" Parade in our area, and I have decided not to attend this year since I am still not back to full health and want to make sure I'm okay for my hospice visit this afternoon.  I do love the very local parade, and I have actually been in the parade several times.  My favorite was the first time when I was dressed as a carrot.  Very hot costume, but such fun.

I saw part of AM Style, but nothing called out to me either.  I used to wear Tova, but fell out of the habit of wearing scent.  And, like you, I don't care for sparkly rear end jeans.  I did notice that it is free shipping day again, so I will consider a purchase if there is something I really want that is reasonably priced.

Sorry you can't take care of your garage, but I am sure that task can wait a bit longer.  How is MIdnight doing with the antibiotic?  I don't envy you trying to administer it.  I remember well my dogs carefully taking pills (even crushed ones) that I tried to put in their food.  

Good luck with your solar lights, Fressa.  Quite a blower you got your DH.  I wonder if all this talk about planning Christmas more than a year in advance, easy pay on everything, free shipping, "anniversary" shows for hosts, etc. is a just a way that Q has come up with to compete with other retailers, particularly on-line retailers.  I know that I am buying a lot less from here than I did in the past, not only because I am trying to be more sensible, but also because buying elsewhere can be less expensive and faster (particularly Amazon.)

No big plans for me today other than the hospice visit.  I will do my laundry, weekly financial review, and I may stop by to check on another type of cough medicine later.  That is my main issue now.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- I had a pleasant surprise yesterday.  When I came back from my trip, I was looking for a "travel dress" (did not find what I wanted), and ended up finding a SG polka dot dress like I have (and love) in navy.  I already have it in red.  The price I paid on eBay was less than half of what I paid from here, and I got free shipping (new with tags).  Then, I forgot all about my order until it came yesterday.  I am so pleased.  Not a need, but something I will wear for sure.  Although it is sleeveless, I wear it with a light sweater in the summer, and could wear it with a light blazer now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello all, I participated in the AM Style chat this morning while watching Hart to Hart and Kojak Woman Very Happy  I received an email from Pet Supplies Plus offering me 25% off my total purchase so I high tailed it outta here this morning and stocked up on my indoor bird's food.  I saved over $20 with that coupon so when they asked if I wanted to buy treats for shelter animals I said, oh yes please.  My cats, dogs and birds have never known hunger so I like to support PSP food and treat drives for local animal shelters.

I nearly passed out when I went to the main bathroom, pulled open the vanity drawer and saw I had no new tubes of toothpaste.  How could that happen?  I'm a fanatic about having spares for the spares Woman Very Happy

I made sure that I stopped at CVS on the way home to get 2 tubes of toothpaste.  Yea I had some whitening toothpaste but that's kind of hard on my gums if I use it daily so I needed run of the mill cavity protection Crest.  Whew, that was close.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Oh yea, I received my 'coatigan' yesterday.  I like it and wore it out while running errands today.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I got up early this morning and participated in ams.  No shopping though right now.  The only thing that I want to buy is a nice scarf to match my recently purchased DB faux fur ivory lynx coat.  I can't wait to wear it.

It's a cloudy day so I hung two large loads of laundry in the basement.  Then I fixed breakfast when my DH got up & steam mopped the floors.  He likes to sleep in which is fine with me.  I do better first thing in the morning.  He still needs an afternoon nap.

Lunch out yesterday with a few of my former work friends was fun & the comedy show last night was excellent.  Lots of things to laugh about.  The auditorium and balcony were a complete sell out.

We just vacuumed and took everything out of the Subaru.  We are getting ready to fill up the new one.  I am hoping that the curtains that I made for this one fit the new one.  We even put back in the original floor mats because we had winter ones made for a Subaru.  It's supposed to be a cold week so I am glad that we did this job today.  

Supper is leftover roast, mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans.

Hugs to all of you.