Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT. 22)

Good morning, shopping friends. The temperatures have dropped to their more normal range and the cold rain is off and on.

My niece called and wanted to meet for lunch in the city today, but I am so tired that I passed. I was there yesterday in the pouring rain after working 4 days. I work Monday and Tuesday and head back to the city on Wednesday, so I need a break. We have a problem of working around our schedules, so today would have been good but driving 120 miles round trip just for lunch when I am tired didn't appeal to me.

On the local front, our solitary source of grocery shopping now has almost empty shelves and its future is in doubt. The owner closed another super market in another county leaving only the Dollar Stores locally as a source of food unless people drove to supermarkets an hour away. Time will tell what will happen here. There is some talk of change of ownership, change of store franchise, etc.

I saw the Marvelush shrug presented in AM Style and like it. Right now, it is in my cart but I am thinking, thinking. Last night, I saw the 64 oz of Philosophy Purity presented. That is one huge bottle of facial cleanser. The 32 oz bottle I am now just  finishing is big enough to take up room despite the savings represented by the other

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wiselyl

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT. 22)

Good morning all and thanks @KonaKat for the start. Don't blame you for passing on the long drive for lunch when you were just there and will be back on Wednesday.

Too bad about the local grocery store. Maybe someone else will take it over.

No purchases for me today. CC locked up tight.

The antibiotics finally kicked in last night on the infection, so that's a bit better.

Had to get brake pads and rotors on front in order to get car to pass inspection. Luckily they could fix that at the time. I had suspected I might need that done, so it wasn't a total surprise. I actually had budgeted for having work done.

I think less mouth pain has resulted in making me sleepy, I dozed through AM Style instead of chatting, lol.

Time to make myself productive though.

Hope everyone has a nice day. Waves......

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Good Morning @KonaKat Jean.

We had consistent rain a couple of days ago and right now it's windy outside.  .

I need to make a run to Big Apple Bagels to pick up some bagels and cream cheese for the movies tomorrow.  My middle sister and I are going to see The Accountant with Ben Affleck at 10 am at my local theatre.  When I do an early morning movie, I usually take a small thermos of coffee and something that goes with it with me.  10 am is way too early for soda pop and popcorn.

Depending on how soon the grass/ground dries out from the rain we had the other day,  I could either be cutting grass today and doing the grocery shopping tomorrow or vice versa.  Heck maybe I'll do the grocery shopping today and get it over with.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

I probably missed it earlier in the week.  Did you have an abscessed tooth?  Glad you're feeling better.

Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/15551561187670019/

Honored Contributor

hi @meallen616

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Snicks--Glad the antibioltic is kicing in and the  pain is decreasing. Good job on budgeting for the needed replacements before inspection.

Bernie--You are a person after my own heart; I also take goodies into the movie. I'm not paying those outrageous prices. Enjoy your movie outing!

meallen--Thanks for the beautiful graphic. The apples remind me that some apple cider would taste good right now in this chilly weather...or apple pie!

I had a salad for lunch and am now going to bed for some Kindle time and relaxation. I haven't hit the purchase button yet, so the CC is safe for now! I'm definitely not applying for a Q card regardless of what type of incentive they might have. What I have now works well for me and offers the rewards I like.

AutumSat.jpg

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I don't blame you for not driving to the city when you have had a busy teaching week & PT appointments.  That is too bad about maybe losing your only grocery store.  I used to get Philosophy shower gel at Marshall's, but can't find it there now.

SNICK's, I am glad that the antibiotics are kicking in & you have some mouth relief.  It is good that you could get your car fixed up to pass the car inspection.

meallen hi & I enjoy your graphics.

Bird Mama, it was cloudy all last weekend & on Tuesday it started getting very nice.  Today it is 60's, sunny & breezy.  That was funny about 10:00 being too early for pop & popcorn.

Since my outside laundry days will end next month I hung 3 loads out this morning.  I haven't walked all week, so I hope to moped downtown after lunch & do some window shopping & walking.

I did some shopping at Kohl's on Wednesday.  I had a 30% coupon & found some nice warm socks. A little wool, but very soft  & not scratchy.  They should work well with my boots & clogs.

I can't remember if I told you that I bought a 3'silver Christmas tree & 2 smaller matching trees at Gordman's.  I have only been in a Gordman' s once before as we don't have one near us.  DH & I decided to downsize the tree this year.  I bought the other tree 15 years ago.  It was my very first QVC purchase.

GEICO was prompt with their estimate yesterday already.  We have the check already for $825.  We will be getting the work done next month.  It is a two day job & my next neurological appointment happens to be in the afternoon of the 2nd day, so it will save us another drive up to the Capitol city.  We will be getting a rental car for 2 days.

I am feeling lazy after a stress filled week. I have hopefully only one more lawyer meeting. He said that he can do mom's income taxes so that way I wont have to do them next year.  I am still waiting for him to call me back. At least I could answer his questions & have the bank statements that he requested. I did get another bill yesterday though.

Tomorrow we are going to our annual fireman's pancake breakfast.  It is their only fund raiser & they get a big turnout.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Well, I ended up mending a blouse, doing some laundry, bought the bagels and cut the front and back grass.  It was cold out there, ha ha.

Trusted Contributor

Hi friends - Jean - sorry that you're feeling tired.  Hope your town will still have a nice grocery store.  Here's to making good decisions about purchases!  Snicks - glad that your car got fixed promptly and that your antibiotics are kicking in.  meallen - cute graphic Smiley Happy  twinny - I hope that you have a less stressful week ahead of you and that the fireman make a lot of money during their pancake breakfast.  Hello and waves to all of our regular posters and readers!

After being a wise shopper for a few months, I've gone a bit overboard this month.  I do have a couple of returns I'm going to make, but I need to pump the brakes.  It's been cold-weather clothing that has caught my eye this time, and I really don't need any more, I have plenty.  

The weather here is quite warm during the day, but it is cool at night.  The garden still looks beautiful.  The succulent garden we worked on last weekend has taken a bit of a hit from the rabbits.  Rascally Rabbits!!!  Some of my aloes have been chewed down to nubs.  

Hope you all have a pleasant weekend!  ~  Charlene