Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT. 2)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a beautiful fall day. A friend and I will be leaving on a road trip through the mountains to the beach next Saturday We timed it according to the leaf color change forecast. Now, however, it appears that the color change will be later or if on schedule, the colors will be muted.

I watched most of AM Style but resisted any purchases. I have been watching my expenditures carefully since I am no longer working. Instead. I exchanged it for work at home with no pay. I just finished restoring the kitchen cabinets.

It was on the news that our state had the highest rate of hospitalizations because of Covid. My surgery is still scheduled, however. Since I live by myself, I can't go home the day of the surgery so time will tell. I have a former student who is scheduled for a C-section in a week but the OB-GYN has been unable to lock in a bed for her.

Out of all my decluttering, I haven't been able to do much of it with clothes. That can wait for a later time. I do want to have some fun before the surgery whenever it happens.

Have a great day. If you shop. shop wisely. We can't control the shipping rates but we can control how much is shipped.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT. 2)

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny with zero rain in today's forecast. Sunday is to be rainy and the forecast has 4 days of storms. UGH!! It's cool at night and hot during the day. 

I finally did the prescription pickup and grocery shopping yesterday. There were already empty supplies of brand name paper towels and toilet paper, some frozen items, some cleaning products. Bacon was $6 /pound. (sale price) Ground beef was on sale so I was thrilled. They were grossly understaffed in both the pharmacy and cashier lines.I wonder if they eliminated some staff. The cashier that I had is one of the "regulars" that I like and she said if someone calls off they request another one to work overtime/double shift. Interesting. I had a reduced list so I'll have to make another trip this week for some pantry items. I sure know how to have fun. LOL

I did watch AMStyle this morning and Jane's Friyay last night. I was tempted but didn't put anything in my cart. I'm trying to use up everything I have in the vanities /closet.. I can see progress so now I'm really energized to keep it going.

Today will either be weediing or peeling layer #2 wallpaper from the hallway . It will depend on how my knees feel.

Yesterday I wore the newer Sketchers that have the ridged bottoms. Well, they must have used some liquid tar to repair the cracks in the market parking lot and with the sun out it got sticky. My shoe ridges were sticking to it. UGH!!! It was slippy as well. hope I can get that gunk out of the bottome of my shoes. I have to take a good look around the house. I just did the floors on Thursday and I thought I better check my path to make sure I don't have tar on the floors. Honestly.........what a day.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--I am glad I don't eat bacon. It has been two weeks since I have placed a grocery order. At that time, I also included a big package of TP as a backup just in case.

I had a similar problem with a pair of Sketchers with ribbed bottoms. My knee sometimes causes me to be a little off balance becvause the bad knee is now leaning into the good knee. I left the post office and was looking at a piece of mail when I stepped with one foot into some asphalt type stuff that was still gooey. That shoe with foot and leg didn't want to go ahead with the rest of me, so it threw me off balance causing me to fall.

Linda--I am so glad that the trip is now having some high points and good food. It is amazing that your step count was down but that shows how much you walk on a regular basis.

It may be sunny but I am tired. I need to rest before I tackle the garage again. Have a great rest of the day!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope your weather cooperates for your trip next Saturday, and your surgery will be on schedule and be successful.  That is a shame about your and Fressa's new shoes.  Fortunately, I have not had that problem recently.  Good for you with all the decluttering.  I fear that it will take me some time to get back into the swing of things so to speak.  It was a very good trip.

Hi Fressa.  Glad you were able to find some things on sale, but sorry others were MIA.  Glad your weather is okay today, and good luck with all your projects.

It was nice and cool on my walk this morning, and they are predicting a high of 87 degrees today.  Since I like warm/hot weather, I am fine with this weather.  

I slept much better last night, thank goodness.  But, I'm moving more slowly than normal today.  I'm sure due to all the advertising, but I am craving pumpkin.  So, this morning, I had pumpkin-flavored coffee, and I hope to make some pumpkin muffins today.  Not too much laundry to do since I did a bunch when I got home.  

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I needed air in my tires and went to the garage yesterday afternoon.  I asked, and the mechanic said that I could probably use a couple of new tires fairly soon.  So, I went to a tire store where I was very pleased with the quoted price plus the lack of pressure to buy a more expensive tire or a set of four.  My plan is to go back on Tuesday to get the new tires.

I also placed a Walmart pick-up order -- mostly toiletries/OTC medicines but some food.  Some items were not available (like the eye drops I like), but I hope they will be once I use up what I have.

Nothing has called my name here, thank goodness.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice Saturday.

Hugs,

Linda