Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT 19)

Greetings, shopping friends. Today is a sunny but cool day. I have spent the morning clearning out a cabinet along with watching AM Style and part of the programming afterwards. I have those SG pants that were shown this morning. They are very nice but I didn't order any additional despite the influence of easy pay. 

I slept very well last night and plan to use the afternoon to relax by reading and playing mind games. I like to challenge my mind at times and keep it active.

I can remember when five easy pays were rare and even had one day a year in which everything was on 5 easy pays. Now, everything is on six easy pays today. Online retailing is very comnpetitive now, so measures are taken to ramp up the business profit.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT 19)

Hi Everyone!

I finally had a chance to use the computer. YIPPEE!! I still am not feeling 100% but I'm on the mend. I had to run the car and did some basic grocery shopping yesterday. I was running on empty for ground beef and taco chips. LOL

I did cave and purchase the BL TSV tree. I decorate with multiple trees and have been searching for a slim tree that wasn't skinny. I'm going to use this in the family room. We have big dogs so I thought this would give me a floor to ceiling tree without the girth. I usually put a 5' on a table or one of the full size near the kitchenette. I like to see the tree. Besides that---my goal is to not have to rearrange furniture to accomodate the tree. I see the reviews are mixed so I have my fingers crossed. I also liked Valeries tree but wanted the flocked or white tree for the room. The S&H was less. I was surprised that they haven't reduced this cost on the trees. All those costs seem high to me compared to some of the online tree companies. Crossing my finders.

I mentioned that I purchased two flamelss candles from the Pier 1 website a month ago. these are the tricolor sand 4x6. Well, they are so nice and really light the entire candle. I was pleasantly surprised. Wax candles like Candle Impressions were years ago. These can be used with or without a remote. I'm not crazy about more remotes in this house but it's nice to have the option if desired. These are fat enough to fit in a lantern or stand alone. I found these tall metal sleeves to fit over them at At Home clearance sale. Looks pretty on the fireplace. 

I'm not sure when my husband is off the beeper/work from home schecule. It might be Monday or Wednesday. It depends on the project. The good thing is that I finally washed all the sofa covers, throws and dog blankets. It was so much easier to just watch some tv and relax but still be able to hear the washer. Mine can get sensitive with that self balancing load feature when you have these types of loads.

I have to say that it's tempting with the ample easy pays and "sales" to start some Christmas shopping but I haven't seen too much even for the gift closet". I'm thinking that's probably a good thing to keep me on track.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.    

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, enjoy the sunshine & cooler weather.  It's sunny and cool here & I am loving it.  I am sleeping so much better that it has finally gotten cooler here.  We are supposed to get a bit of rain this afternoon and maybe on Monday. Then a nice week of d temps here.

I like to do mind games and my DH does them sometimes ever since his neurologist told him that his brain was a bit fuzzy.  His memory seems good to me.

I made sour cream chocolate chip muffins a few days ago and they were so yummy.  My DH went out this morning and blew/raked leaves.  When he came back in, I told him to reheat one in the microwave.  The next thing I know is him saying "oh, no.  It's a good thing that we have an  "open concept " home.  I was posting on the ams forum & I could see & smell smoke.  He turned his back for too long.  Yikes!  Needless to say I have the windows open and the ceiling fans on.

I did the same thing with 1/2 of a baked potato several months ago, but not quite as bad.    

We are going out tonight for Sweetheart 's Day by going to our Shop with a Cop benefit.  I usually just send a check, but they are having a dinner buffet for the first time.  It's at a local bowling alley 3 blocks away so I think that we will walk there unless it's raining.

I have been trying to stay away from crowds because I need to stay healthy for my infusion next week on Wednesday morning and my neurologist appointment on Thursday afternoon.  I am hoping that I can get my flu shot on Thursday afternoon.  It's not available here for several more weeks.

This morning I went to Farm and Fleet to buy a fleece button front shirt and they didn't get them in.  I am hoping to find them next week when we are out & about.

I just steam mopped the floors and have leftover pizza in the oven from a carryout supper last night.

It's so nice to see the 🌞🌞🌞again.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

Hi Everyone!

I finally had a chance to use the computer. YIPPEE!! I still am not feeling 100% but I'm on the mend. I had to run the car and did some basic grocery shopping yesterday. I was running on empty for ground beef and taco chips. LOL

I did cave and purchase the BL TSV tree. I decorate with multiple trees and have been searching for a slim tree that wasn't skinny. I'm going to use this in the family room. We have big dogs so I thought this would give me a floor to ceiling tree without the girth. I usually put a 5' on a table or one of the full size near the kitchenette. I like to see the tree. Besides that---my goal is to not have to rearrange furniture to accomodate the tree. I see the reviews are mixed so I have my fingers crossed. I also liked Valeries tree but wanted the flocked or white tree for the room. The S&H was less. I was surprised that they haven't reduced this cost on the trees. All those costs seem high to me compared to some of the online tree companies. Crossing my finders.

I mentioned that I purchased two flamelss candles from the Pier 1 website a month ago. these are the tricolor sand 4x6. Well, they are so nice and really light the entire candle. I was pleasantly surprised. Wax candles like Candle Impressions were years ago. These can be used with or without a remote. I'm not crazy about more remotes in this house but it's nice to have the option if desired. These are fat enough to fit in a lantern or stand alone. I found these tall metal sleeves to fit over them at At Home clearance sale. Looks pretty on the fireplace. 

I'm not sure when my husband is off the beeper/work from home schecule. It might be Monday or Wednesday. It depends on the project. The good thing is that I finally washed all the sofa covers, throws and dog blankets. It was so much easier to just watch some tv and relax but still be able to hear the washer. Mine can get sensitive with that self balancing load feature when you have these types of loads.

I have to say that it's tempting with the ample easy pays and "sales" to start some Christmas shopping but I haven't seen too much even for the gift closet". I'm thinking that's probably a good thing to keep me on track.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.    

Fressa, it is good that you can use your computer again.  Sharing would be hard to do when your DH needs it for his job.  I just use my tablet.  It works out good for me and it's easy to take it with me.

Your Christmas trees  & candles sound lovely and I am sure that they are beautiful.  We used to have a large tree, but now we have 3 different sized silver sparkly ones on the cabinet that I inherited from my mom 3 1/2 years ago.  It is beautiful & was made by her Dad (my grandpa) back in the early 50's when he & my grandma were here on an extended vacation from the UK.

Fall is my favorite time of the year so Christmas shopping doesn't excite me quite yet.  I need snow on the ground.  Lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  It is beautiful here today.  It was chilly this morning when I started the Alzheimer's Walk, but now is pleasantly warm (too hot for twinny, but....)  Glad you got your cleaning done and can relax this afternoon.  Easy pay doesn't make much difference to me, but I noticed that Amazon is offering a sort of easy pay on some items.  Must be popular with many.

Hi Fressa.  Glad you had a chance to use the computer and are feeling better.  Those candles sound lovely, and I'm sure you will enjoy the new tree.

Hope you stay well, and your infusion next week comes off without a hitch, twinny.  Enjoy your time out, and hope the smoke has cleared completely.  I went to Burger King the other day (late lunch), and just as I was leaving, the place was filled with smoke.  They opened the doors, etc., and I think it was just a cooking accident.  Good think the place wasn't filled with customers.  I was happy to get out into the fresh air.

Unlike Jean and twinny, I am still not sleeping well.  Last night was pretty bad, and I got up several times -- did some reading, etc., before getting out of bed at 5:00.  Really don't know what to do since I even took a nice warm bath before bed since that used to help.  Maybe tonight will be the charm.

The Alzheimer's Walk was great -- "we" reached our goal of $20,000, and money is still coming in.  I saw and talked to several people I know, plus walked with two of my widow friends from the Caregiver group.  One of them had not walked much at all lately, and the other had done some, but not a lot.  Anyway, they were tired and took a short cut back to the start, and I kept going to the end.  When I got back (they had some snacks for participants), I found that one had fallen not too far from when we parted.  She scraped her elbow, and got a ride on a cart back to the beginning.  She decided she needs to take up walking again.  One exercise class a week is just insufficient.

The hospice nurse DH had for most of his time was there representing the local animal shelter.  She brought a dog who won my heart instantly.  He is a dachshund mix, and I had two dachshunds, and he licked my hand and jumped up on me (not aggressive, just like he was greeting me.)  He is 3-4 years old.  Unfortunately, I am just not ready to take on the responsibility of a dog, but oh my...... 

My hospice patient's son called while I was waiting for the walk to start and canceled since his Mom wasn't sleeping well, and he thought she would not get up until late in the afternoon.  Of course, that made me sad, but I do have a ton of work to do here. 

It has started to be cooler at night, and I decided to look for a blanket for the bed early this morning.  Then, I discovered I have way too many linens.  So, I hope to go through the pile and find ones to donate.  The nice ones to the thrift shop and the less nice ones to the animal shelter.  This may take me a while.  Yesterday, I found that I had and extra slow cooker.  I have a small one (fine for me) and a larger one.  But, I forgot that years ago I purchased a mid size one for a party.  That is the problem when you have enough space to accommodate extra stuff.  So, maybe I will have several things to donate after this weekend or next week.

I have been wanting something like the TSV for many, many years, but I am getting better at resisting.  I don't even have an appropriate place to put it. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

It's Sweetest Day here in Michigan and I wanted to pop in and wish everyone a Happy Sweetest Day.

Image result for cupcakes and cookies

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise