Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT. 17)

[ Edited ]

Arlene--I'm sorry that the fur babies are creating problems for you. I don't have the patience that you seem to  have but I have only one cat....and he is enough as it does take time to play with them and the cost of feeding and vet care is high just for one cat. I can't imagine the costs involved for the number you have and love. I hope the required papers are done in time so you can devote more time to your baking. Ironing? I don't remember the last time I ironed. Nearly everything I have comes out of the dryer wrinkle free or just requires a minor touch up with a steamer.

Snow!! Tell me that it isn't so!! We have snow in our state today and a friend in Cleveland said that they also had some snow.

$119+ is too much for me to spend on pefume. This is one WEN product I won't try. With my sniffer being destroyed by allergies, etc., I wouldn't be able to smell it.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

I don't know why the bug always bites me later in the evening, I decided to launder all of my cords and sweaters that were packed away in the spring.  Since I watch old western shows on Saturdays, I'm thinking of the Rawhide melody and singing, Washin' Washin' Washin' those cords.  I need 'em clean now, it's surely getting colder, washin' washin' washin' my coooooooorrrrrrdsss (lol).

Up the stairs, down the stairs, I'm gonna sleep like a baby tonight.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I didn't think you were old enough to remember "Rawhide," unless you are watching it on an oldie channel which you are. We don't get that channel on cable. That theme song is one of the most memorable theme songs of TV shows.I'd love to see "The Virginian" again as it was quality entertainment. Now, I can't get that Rawhide song out of my mind...and I saw the series when it was originally aired and featured a much younger Clint Eastwood.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean, I don't have cable so I am discovering the past. I watch the Virginian, Gunsmoke, the Big Valley, wanted dead or alive, maverick, the rifleman, who I do remember. The rifleman scared the snot outta me as a kid. I even watch Hopalong cassidy and think of my husband who was 18 years my senior. I am typing this on my phone, lol.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wanted to add that you are right Jean about quality entertainment. The only current show I watch on TV is Madam Secretary. When the x files miniseries starts on January, I'll be watching that as I followed that show for 9 seasons and 2 movies lol. I own all of it on DVD. I sure hope the miniseries is sold on DVD sometime so I can keep my collection complete. There is a channel called Decades TV. Before they launched their regular programming in May they did series binges. That's when I fell in love with Car 54, where are you. I could go on and on lol.