Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT. 17)

Bernie--I like your excuse.

Let's see! I ordered another set of the Berkshire fluffy throws because mine is getting well worn after two years of use, and one might be a gift. I ordered the set 3 gift packaged scrub daddies, because I know people beside myself who use these and these will be great token gifts for them (call me cheap but we exchange gifts not to exceed a certain dollar amount), and I ordered the new WEN 613 Try Me simply because I like 613 and haven't tried two of the components and know I definitely would use the cleansing conditioner. 

Enough is enough!!! I do go in shopping spurts and today is one of them. I also saved a lot of gas money by staying home (ha, ha). I think I had better go and read.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started Jean.  Hope you do get some rest and feel completely well soon.  I'm sure you will make good decisions about the various tempting items.  I have heard good things about that movie -- hope you enjoy it if you do go to see it.  I think Kindle unlimited probably makes sense for someone like you who reads so many books, etc.  I am not there yet, but maybe in the future.  Hoping for the best with that student's recovery.  What a rough road for that family.  You are very kind to want to visit him.

Take care of yourself snicks -- stomach "things" are no fun.

Hi LindaR -- hope that those fires are put out soon.  I saw pictures on the National news yesterday -- how frightening.

I like your new items, Bernie.  I certainly would not feel very guilty if I had points/coupons, etc. to help pay for my order.  Even if not, I would not feel guilty if I was sure that I would use the items and either had room or was able/willing to get rid of older items.  Now, I'm feeling a bit guilty because I saw the HSN special slippers yesterday and ordered them.  Definitely not a "need" for me, but..... Not only that, I ordered them for DD and DGD since they were interested.  That will teach me to read other threads here.  LOL  

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Marijane, Susan, Charlene, Karen, Rosa, Barbara, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

We had thunderstorms yesterday afternoon/evening, and it is cooler here today.  We may have more storms today, but right now it is partly sunny.

DH had another accident yesterday afternoon which pushed me over the edge as it were.  Someone from a home care agency will be coming on Monday to do an assessment.  I am not under obligation to use their services, but this way the paperwork is completed, etc.  They were the agency that helped when I had my accident.  Not cheap, but......  The doctor never called back about DH's TB test.  Hopefully, he will call on Monday.  

Today is laundry and financial review day, and I hope to make it to the grocery store for some sale produce.  

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies....chilly day here too..37 when I got up this morning.  DH has a fire going in the wood stove so it's nice and toasty in here.  I guess I was surprised  Bernie when you said you don't get much snow....I figured in your area you would.  I like all your purchases  also especially the paisley blouse....I love paisley even if it's in or out of the what's "in"....I wear what I want!  Not yo enable you any more but Macy's is having a pretty good shoe/boot sale going on this weekend .....I have my eye on 2 pairs...one high boot and the other a ankle.

i didn't see anything about the fires out your way LimdaR  so hopefully they have calmed down.

Twinny have a wonderful time at your mom's b'day party....hope your DD is doing better .

LIndaL any news on your DH exray....hope he will be able to get back to his day care this week as he seems like he is enjoying himself.  iT's nice his DD will be out for a visit next week.  

Jean I will have to take a look at that poncho ...I have never owned one.

Thursday I had a PC DRs physical...everything ok...he gave me a flu shot...first one I ever had..never had the flu either and also a pneumonia shot.  Any of you ladies have a shingle shot.....he wants me have that but said to get it at a pharmacy because he would have to change me too much for it at his office.   

tHat s about it....Karen good luck to the Mets tonight..are you going to the game?

Hope your stomach is feeling better Snicks..I admire all the raking you do! We have people who mow our lawn during the summer and in fall take care of the leaves etc.  oN their final clean up they have a truck with a big hose that vacuums up the leaves onto the truck...not sure where they cart them off to.  Not allowed to burn leaves here.....

Have a nice day.      Marijane

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

No word on DH's x-ray Marijane.  

I had a shingles shot, but I may have been older than you are when I had it.  My doctor in Maryland didn't want to give it to me until I was 60 (I think) due to the price.  But, I had wanted to have the shot since one of my friends (same age) had shingles and several had already had the shot.  The second time I asked, he said it was okay (can't remember if I had reached the "magic" age.)  But, my insurance covered most, if not all, of the cost. It may be that your insurance covers it, but only at the pharmacy.  Maybe you should contact them, since I think a lot of insurance rules have changed in the past few years.  

I know that shingles can be a huge nuisance or worse, and I am happy that I had the shot.  But, I think you can still get the disease even if you are immunized, but it is not as bad.

Honored Contributor

LindaL,  I saw the presentation of the TSV slippers and I almost ordered them.  Well made slippers are practical, so please don't feel guilty about it.  I'm sorry that your DH had another accident.  I read earlier this week about the funky TB test results.  Could he have an underlying infection that is causing issues?  Do they have him on any new medication that could be creating a sense of urgency as it were that he can't move fast enough to respond to?  Okay, teachers out there - I know I just butchered that sentence, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Linda for the info...we must have been posting at the same time...my sister in law had gotten the shingles last year, she said it wasn't a bad case but still painful.  I think I am only a couple of months "younger"'than you....LOL....my b'day is in Feb.  Hopefully you will hear about the X-ray on Monday.  I remember getting an TB test in grammar school and we had a little card with square's on it and in the center a raised bump on it to tell you what the area should look like on your arm in a few days.....we also received polio shots in school...and I think a booster that you drank.      I had seen Kathleen post the other day where she said she was a carrier and had to takes meds .......  

Honored Contributor

Marijane - what's the Macy's sale on boots?  Do you need to be a cardholder?  I happened to have spotted a new lucky brand boot - name is Boomer (like I am) in black.  Can you imagine, I am considering buying a black boot, lol.

I've had a squirrely week at work.  Did I really say we don't get much snow?  It can depend - last year we got buried a couple of times.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

well I'll try again,just lost another.   Bernie, not sure if you need a Macy's cc or not...I had an email from them this morning.   They have the info on their website.

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--You and Bernie are tempting me to make a trip to Macy's or check online. I hate driving two hours and then paying for parking in order to take a peek inside Macy's.

Linda--I am sorry that you have not received information on the results of DH's test. I had one of those false positive results from that test once and had to have the follow up test. I didn't see the slippers you ordered but I'm beginning to wish I had seen them as they sound so comfy. I'm sure that they were good or you wouldn't have purchased them.

I thought 2 hours of reading would finish that novel but there is still more to go. I quit in order to watch the WEN show. Even if I don't order, I enjoy watching them. In this case, I had already ordered the 613 While Supplies Last. My hair stylist says that my hair is unusually thick for someone my age and is thicker than when I started using WEN. It is one of my lavish expenditures that I consider good for me.  I just have to watch elsewhere.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Well, thus far this has been one heck of a lousy day. Cat Sad  I woke up in major pain and can hardly move; I let Autumn out to do her business, and when I went to call her back in (she usually sits on a chair on the back porch waiting for me), she was gone.  It's been a long time since she took off; I suspect she's upset because I'm not able to play with her - I finished a school paper last night and was so exhausted I was in no mood to play fetch with her (which she'd do for hours if I let her); I finally had to hide her ball.  I did post that she's missing on the town's FB page; hopefully she's just down the block playing with kids. 

The cats have torn the wallpaper in the living room again; thus far it's been pretty much in places where you can't see it (like behind furniture), but this time, nope...it can be see as plain as day. I'm so frustrated I want to cry!  The paper is a sort of marble effect, mostly a solid color, so since I can't afford to have the room redone (and they'd ruin it anyway) I'm going to have to go to Lowe's and get paint that matches exactly.  From a distance it should look OK - certainly won't be as noticable as the white plaster that's showing.  And the new tablecloth I put on less than two weeks ago?  It's in shreds.  AND...to top things off...I thought I'd be nice and let Honeybun and Angelica in, turned my back for two seconds, and that greedy Honeybun scarfed down my breakfast.  Cat Mad  There went her treats for today - it'll be kibble only. At this point I've had it with these (#*$ animals..

It got really chilly last night -down to the 50s. I got my paper done around 10 p.m. and was starved as I hadn't eaten since breakfast, apart from a few pieces of candy and some yogurt, so I went to Popeye's I had planned, only to find they close at 10 - I thought it was later on the weekends.  I thought of driving to Cook Out, but that's about 15 miles away and I was too hungry, so I made it to the Chinese take-out just before they closed. 

I like those socks, Bird; I have a number of patterened pair but rarely wear them; I usually end up getting multiple packs of the same solid color, so I don't have to bother matching them when I take them out of the dryer or looking for missing ones.

Jean, I thought of you when I was browsing in Sam's.  They had really nice furry throws - they feel just like the Dennis Basso ones, but were considerably cheaper.  So sad about that family with all those problems.

I was tempted to get those slippers from HSN, but took another look at my old pair of Wicked Good slippers from LL Bean. I had been planning to replace them, but apart from some stains and a small tear on the toe of one where they're stitched they're not bad - I think I can make them last another year.  They're not cheap (but oh-so-comfy and warm), and I'm sure I can get the tear repaired. 

My replacement Kindle should be here tomorrow. When I called they asked if I had tried troubleshooting it.  Yes, I did...ONCE. The CS rep suggested it might work fine with headphones.  Seriously?  I shouldn't have to do that at all with a brand new device; if I have problems with it from day one, they'll only get worse with time.  The sound on it starts out fine, but then it drops so that you can hardly hear it. 

Oh, I heard of a guy who went to the doctor's office and told the receptionist he had singles.  She told him to go into an exam room and disrobe, and when he tried to protest, she said they were very busy so just do as she said and the doctor would be in momentarily.  So he obeyed, the doctor came in, asked the man what the problem was, and he said, "I'm from Lowe's....I have the new shingles you ordered for the roof..."

Hope you're feeling better, snicks.

For those of you who like ironing, you'll enjoy this video:  Ironing tips

Well, I have another paper to write, due by midnight tomorrow by I'm hoping I can get it all done to...

Have a blessed day, everyone!