Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT. 17)

Good morning, shopping friends. The month is over half completed and we are being faced with freezing temperatures which is too early! The positive is that it is sunny outside despite the cold.

I turned on the Q in time to see the Marvelush OTO poncho being presented. I am debating it but in the meantime, I have reserved it via check status. I don't know if it is the weather or my working every day lately but my shopping urge is going overtime. I just don't have the energy to travel to the cities an hour and a half away or two hours away to spend time shopping, so right now QVC is presenting some tempting optioms. So far, I have resisted ankle boots, the Laura Geller TSV, and now a WEN visit may present a temptation or two. Do I need the item? Is it replacing something I have been using but is beginning to show its age or is being depleted? Why do I want the item?

I was planning to visit the student who fell and is paralyzed and who is in a hospital a couple of hours away. I was sneezing late last night so that may not be a good idea. They are considering transferring him to a Philadelphia treatment and rehab center so I would like to see him before the transfer is made. He was always joking with me and we got along well.  His brother broke his arm in a junior varsity football game this past week so the family is really facing some challenges.

I really  don't know what I will be doing with this day. Rest is a primary concern as I have five more days of the same class which has been good so far. Who knows? I may go and see "Bridge of Spies," which I have heard is very good.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT. 17)

Good morning KK and thanks for starting us off this chilly morning. I am still avoiding any shopping unless it is for necessities, but I never know when my shopping urge will kick in, so I never say never, lol. If you decide to get the OTO poncho, I hope you enjoy it. Wow, that family really is having more than their share of problems. Hope they all get better soon.

Nothing much to add this morning, having some type of stomach 'thing' going on today, so that is no fun. Starting to feel better though. Waves to everyone.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Wow freeze warnings. We are on the other end of the spectrum. Record setting hot temps 90 plus.
Fire is now 50 per cent contained according to reports.

Oh prayers for your young man. Also prayers for Linda's DGS and his friend

Snick. Do feel better

Esteemed Contributor

Snicks--Time will tell about the poncho. I seriously doubt that I would wear it out but thought it might make a good item to help keep me warm inside when I keep the heat turned down. I  liked the way it looked if I did wear it out but I might forget it despite the good reviews. You are doing a super job on restraining yourself with purchases. I hope you will take a rest this day. You certainly have been busy with the raking of leaves.

LindaR--You have had such a rough time with the lack of rain, the temps and now the fire. Hopefully you don't have a fresh breakout resulting in loss of containment. The weather is so odd this time of the year. I saw a report that said certain areas of the country would be warmer than usual this winter and other areas would be colder. Time will tell.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean, thanks for starting us today.  We have the same weather here.  As a matter of fact, when the weatherman said it was going to be near freezing last night, I ran out to my patio and disconnected the hose from the spigot.  I'm thinking about replacing the full length screen insert on the storm door with the glass insert.  That door is off the family room which is the only part of the house on a slab.  It doesn't take much for the room to get chilly so I do all I can to minimize drafts.

I just went shopping (online) at JCP.  I don't know if I should feel guilty or not, lol.  My last two orders from them didn't cost me a thing.  One order was from a gift card and the minimal left over balance on that was taken care of with my amex rewards points.  The other order was paid for with rewards points at JCP and amex.  In essence - I built a wardrobe without paying for it :-)

I'm sorry to read that one of your students fell and was paralyzed.  Is there a chance at regaining any function for him?  If you think you are really coming down with something, is there any way you can call him and speak with him?  You are such a thoughtful women (imagine a heart emotie).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Snicks, do you think that being in the breezy cool weather doing all that raking might have caused you to develop a cold or catch a virus?  I understand why you do it.  I'm in the same boat - no matter how much I ask the elves to do it for me at night, they never comply (lol).

Honored Contributor

Linda R - I am so sorry about the fires.  When I read about fellow posters dealing with fears about fires and landslides, I thank God for the snow I get once in a while.

Honored Contributor

This is what I ordered today:

A style I liked so much, I've ordered almost all colors now

Gold Toe® 3-pk. Dress Socksblack, chocolate, black

Gold Toe® 3-pk. Dress Sockssecond set of khaki and olive

Product  having trouble posting a bigger pic - sock in the front is called nordic deer :-)

St. John's Bay® Long-Sleeve Roll-Tab Henley Tunic Top - Tall  long sleeve blouse - cute paisley pattern

Arizona Multicolor Wood Bead Multi-Row Necklace  like the wood beads on this one

St. John's Bay® Long-Sleeve Essential Crewneck T-Shirt - Tallfavorite St Johns Bay tee in charcoal

St. John's Bay® Long-Sleeve Fairisle Flyaway CardiganIt's long sleeved - this one just grabbed me

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Great items you ordered. There is no reason to feel guilty if they fall into a need or strongly wanted category. You don't strike me as a person who makes a purchase without knowing where it will fit into your current collection.

I confess to liking that Susan Graver TSV jacket so much that I now have two of them at home. Perfect fit in both of them.

I am having Progresso Light soup for lunch. I'm then heading to bed to hopefully finish reading a novel, the fifth in a series and is about as long as the past two books combined. I was so hooked on the series that I didn't want to buy the next book but decided to join the Kindle Unlimited program to get it and other books. This is a great series but so detailed and involved that I doubt that I would read it again unless a couple of years have passed. 

I see that they are going to present the Berkshire throws. I have a couple of those from two years ago. They are great! Oh, I just about blew the laptop off my lap with a sneeze.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jean, my excuse today is Sweetest Day, a regional 'holiday' around these parts.  It's like I can hear DH saying, for God's sake, I'm not there, buy yourself something.  I will be grabbing a pizza today, however that will be a freebie.  I have a punch card with Little Caesars.  When you fill it up, the next pizza is free.  Since I am easily satisfied with a $5 hot and ready - that's what they call it - a hand tossed cheese and pepperoni, I feel somewhat better that I am saving $5 on the pizza today.  Rofl.