Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT. 15)

@Bird mama wrote:

@KonaKat

The Bose TSV had me thinking too.  The sound on these flat fancy tvs stink, lol.  I laughed when the handsome rep said this is a universal remote and I thought yes, but I have a so-called Smart TV.

My DH bought me a Bose Wave music player the last Christmas he was here.  I usually listened to the radio then decided to listen to some CDs.  I am not hard on my audio equipment - I don't ram CDs into any CD player - car, home or whatever.

I think the CD player worked for about 6 months.  Then when I inserted a Kenny Loggins CD in one night to play me to sleep Kenny was clicking, lol.  The music played, the Bose was clicking like it was having a seizure.  I said, Butch (nickname for my hubbie), you got robbed when you bought this stinken thing.

He, he, he.  I suppose I could buy it and try it and send it back if I'm disappointed.  I don't know.

@Bird mama same thing happened to me with my Bose, fairly new & couldn't insert a cd, called Bose, & after much ado trying the options they offered via phone, didn't work, they said send to them, free shipping, goody, so they contact me it was fixed & I need to pay $87or so, give them credit card #, guess what still didn't work, DD looked at it found one little wire was twisted, did fix it & lo & behold it worked, now I call Bose tell them the story, needless to say this went on for weeks, me telling them they did not fix it, they saying but they did, I know I should have been more polite but when I get my hackels up, oh boy, so it did turn out that I received a credit & it's still working, but would never buy another one, btw I did not purchase from Q

Honored Contributor

@spix

My DH was a good man.  He was electronics crazy and wanted a Bose.  So what did he do?  Decided to buy me one.  Honestly I never wanted the flippen thing.  I thought he was outta his mind for spending that kind of money even back then.  He bought it directly from Bose.  Well then he died so I would have felt like a heel returning the thing.  He bought it for Christmas, died immediately following New Year.  All I can say is this - my pigeon is treated like a king - he gets his daily music from Bose, rofl.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@spix

My DH was a good man.  He was electronics crazy and wanted a Bose.  So what did he do?  Decided to buy me one.  Honestly I never wanted the flippen thing.  I thought he was outta his mind for spending that kind of money even back then.  He bought it directly from Bose.  Well then he died so I would have felt like a heel returning the thing.  He bought it for Christmas, died immediately following New Year.  All I can say is this - my pigeon is treated like a king - he gets his daily music from Bose, rofl.

@Bird mama OMG made me roflao!

I must admit I forget I have it, maybe I'll play it for Sadie

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening.  I think you needed the extra rest, Jean.  Hope you enjoy any purchases you make.  I'm a fan of Bose, and I admit to being slightly interested in the TSV.  However, I remembered this was not something even on my "wish" list before seeing it presented.  I thought it was only my TV that seemed to have some "sound" issues.  Guess not.  Glad you have work lined up for next week, and I hope the PT helps.

Sorry you were ill, Gayle, but I'm glad you are better.  What a start to your vacation, Barbara.  It will be memorable for sure.  Happy your sister is okay, Bernie. I am surprised that both you and Essie had problems with your Wave radios.   I have had mine for many years, and it is going strong.  I had purchased it as a gift for my ex, and later bought him a higher end unit with a CD changer rather than just one CD player.  When we split, he offered me the first one, and I took it.  

Waves to meallan, Marijane, snicks, Essie, twinny, Kathleen, Arlene, Susan, Charlene, Rosa, Karen, 3suwm5, LindaR, butterfly, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

I am not sure if I had posted this yesterday evening, but there is a man in DH's facility who thinks that I am his wife.  In fact, neither of us (his wife Nancy and I) think we look much alike, but....  Anyway, when I kissed DH goodbye yesterday evening, this man was pretty angry -- told me to cut it out and get out of there.  Today, he was all smiles when I came in, and had a lot of trouble understanding that I was not his wife.  DH doesn't understand what is going on, which is just as well.  DH was doing okay, but I think he was a little off -- perhaps did not sleep all that well.  The caregiver told me that he was calling for me when they put him to bed yesterday.  Hope he will be better when I return later today.

First, I plan to go to Wal-Mart to buy him some chewable vitamins -- he is chewing the regular kind, which is not great.  

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I have watched a little Evine, and sort of liked some of the clothing, particularly the prices.  But, I have resisted purchasing due to lack of need.  

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--What a difficult situation, but I know you handled it to the best of your ability.  As to the Bose TSV, I had not considered it or felt my TV sound could stand having an assist, so I eventually decided that  I didn't need it just as you did. I do hope DH is doing better when you return.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.