Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT. 15)

Marijane--It won't be long until the temp you had this morning will feel like a minor "heat wave," or that is what I told myself the morning I had to turn on the heat.  Enjoy the fireplace.

Bernie--Thanks for the cute graphic. Enjoy your weekend and any special sales from JCP or elsewhere.

I have to admit that the TST is tempting me major time. I am a Bose fan. I am also considering the Aereosoles boots. I think I am in a spending mood. The TSV temtps me as I am a major TV user for entertainment as there is nothing here for entertainment unless we drive an hour and fifteen minutes one way to the mall and theater.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

that's  so true Jean about feeling like a neat wave....one way to look at the low temps this morning.   I purchased 2 pairs of sketchers on Zuilily yesterday...one a low zipper type and another low tie up ankle boot.

Respected Contributor

Afternoon All, cloudy day here but not too cool, supposed to improve tomorrow.  Doing laundry today & the usual house stuff, will try to get out in the yard to start the clean up, not bad yet as the trees still have their leaves.

Having a block get together for the Cubs game, pot luck so making a tortellini salad & brownies, there will be Italian Sausage on the grill.

Hope all are having a good week-end

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good luck to your Cubs Essie.my teams bombed out....Yankees ( METS and Red Sx...of course not when they are playing the Yankees though LOL).have a great time at your block party.

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--Enjoy the Sketchers. I haven't checked Zulilly out lately.

Essie--The leaves everywhere seem to be on a delay for change. Enjoy the game.

I need to finally get around to reading and then make a decision on the Aerosoles ankle boots

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

The Bose TSV had me thinking too.  The sound on these flat fancy tvs stink, lol.  I laughed when the handsome rep said this is a universal remote and I thought yes, but I have a so-called Smart TV.

My DH bought me a Bose Wave music player the last Christmas he was here.  I usually listened to the radio then decided to listen to some CDs.  I am not hard on my audio equipment - I don't ram CDs into any CD player - car, home or whatever.

I think the CD player worked for about 6 months.  Then when I inserted a Kenny Loggins CD in one night to play me to sleep Kenny was clicking, lol.  The music played, the Bose was clicking like it was having a seizure.  I said, Butch (nickname for my hubbie), you got robbed when you bought this stinken thing.

He, he, he.  I suppose I could buy it and try it and send it back if I'm disappointed.  I don't know.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

So, I spent some time this morning letting go of some more 'stuff'. Code for purging the office.  I also hit the recycling center then went to Rite Aid and picked up my Synthroid and got into a discussion (I personally wouldn't call it a heated discussion) with my pharmacist.  It's not important, rofl.  I then picked up a pizza (I skipped last week).  

Do you ever get a feeling like a shoe is about to drop?  Something feels wrong but you can't put your finger on it?  I left a message for middle sister and thought about texting my eldest sister who is out of town.  She ignored the text "did you make it there okay?".  She won't answer another one, lol. 

I'll feel better when middle sister calls me.  She and I have always had an ability to sense when something is right with the other.  It's almost freaky.  

Valued Contributor

Hello All,

I am recovering from a stomach type flu that hit me Tuesday morning.  I started feeling better yesterday but this has really wiped me out, feel pretty tired.

I hope all is well with everyone.  He are still having warm temps...still wearing shorts.  I hope for a cool snap soon. 

Not too much else new here, just catching up on some househould chores.  Have a good rest of the weekend.   Gayle

P.S. I have been watching Evine more this week...some cute clothes with decent prices.  I didn't buy anything but it was good to see decent prices.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, cute graphic.  I hate when I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I did it often when mom was ailing.  Hugs to you.

Spix, enjoy the party.  My DH was hoping that the Red Sox would win.

Jean, I didn't buy anything as the prices were outrageous.  It is a cute Swiss town for tourists.  I am English so needed nothing.  We did have a nice lunch out at a nice pub.

Maryjane. My DH 's Red Sox bombed too.  We have had 2 light frosts this week & now 70's for several days.  We didn't do the BBQ in my husband's village.  It is windy & cloudy with a chance for rain.  We came home & enjoyed the hot tub.  Your fireplace sounds inviting as we don't have one.

Gayle2, I hope that you are feeling better real soon.  DH & I got our flu shots on Wednesday, but they say that they take 2 weeks before they are effective.  I am enjoying the cooler temps too.  I very much dislike hot weather.  Since I don't have to go to work anymore, I love snow--not blizzards though & 20° below.  Zero & above & I am fine as long as we have heat.  lol.

Honored Contributor

Middle sister just called. She was on her way to do grocery shopping - her last quick trip on her errands schedule for the day. She's fine - I asked her to text me when she arrives home.