Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT. 15)

Good morning, shopping friends. I overslept this morning, so I must have been exhausted from the week's activities. I turned on the Q in time to see the Bob Mackie jacket presented as well as the SG jacket. I like both but think if I had to make a purchase, it would be the Mackie jacket. I also liked the Aerosoles ankle boot. There is time to think about  them.

I definitely work on Wednesday and Thursday of next week, and have physical therapy in the city at 2:30pm on Monday and Friday. I can work the mornings if just a morning fill in is needed, but I do have my goal of two days a week of work. The work helps to take care of little pleasures such as the upcoming trip to Puerto Rico on November 7 plus other things.

Normally, our leaves would be changing colors now but the weather person said that it appears that they might be behind schedule two weeks.  We haven't had the colder temperatures at night for extended time to signal color change.

Have a great day. If  you shop, shop wisely one day at a time.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT. 15)

Hi ladies,

http://www.funnyjunksite.com/pictures/funny-animal-pictures/funny-cat-pictures/happy-weekend/

Honored Contributor

Good morning all and thanks @KonaKat for the start. I did watch and chatted most of the way through AMS, had to get off and get busy about the time that LR came on with that long duster, funny how that worked out for me. lol.

Leaves here just started turning color, but are falling, mostly just brown.

Glad you are getting your goal number of work days in. I am looking forward to hearing about your PR trip when you get back.

I've gotten the house straightened up and will be heading outside. My goal for today is to get the tall grass in the front mowed, I haven't mowed it since the middle of August when the leaking hydrant made me wade through water to mow. With the recent (finally) repair to the leak, the ground seems to be drying out at least enough so there is no longer standing water. So, dragging out the mower, want it cut so when they come back to finish up, I can easily point out all the deep ruts they made that I expect them to fill in and smooth out. This mowing job today will be a rough one, but, that's all I plan to mow today, the rest will get done next week, also will  take care of a lot of leaves that have fallen at that time.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Waves.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I have overslept s few days too.  The cooler temps in the house are wonderful & the reason.  It is nice that you can work your PT around teaching.  I bought my first aerosoles sandals at the PA Outlet mall last September.  They are fabulous, so I bet the boots are great also.  The leaves are turning colors north of us, but not to our S. yet.  These are later this year too.  We did get 2 frosts this week & now 70's for a few days.

It is foggy, windy & trying to rain.  The plan is to go to the cute little Swiss town 15 miles away to shop or window shop, then we wanted go to my DH's tiny hometown for their Okto bbq, car show & tractor pull, but that is iffy right now.

Linda L, the restaurant we went to last night is in a historical Swiss style architectural building.  They have a great fish fry, salad bar & several kinds of soup.

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

We are on the Oregon coast, hunkered down for a third round of typhoon like storms. There are huge waves, big winds and tons of rain. We were to head about 90 miles down from where we are but no travel is advised, so we added on a couple of days. It has been an interesting experience,

From here we go to southern Oregon and then down the center of California with stops along the way.

Jean, I was sorry to hear about the cancer return. Dh has been dealing with it for 5 years...sometimes there is something, other times not. His dr said that when caught early, it is a matter of maintenance. Good luck with the pt..hope that works.

(((hugs)) to all of our posters..I enjoy reading what everyone is doing.

my only purchases on our trip is food because we have to eat. Lol.

Esteemed Contributor

SNICK's, our leaves are starting to turn in our town, but falling too rapidly with the wind & light rain.  Still hoping to take a couple of day trips next week.  I hope that your yard ends up in a satisfactory manner.  Especially with winter on its way.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Sydsgma, what a way to start your vacation.  Something to remember for sure.  Let's just say that things have to improve!  Some day my DH & I want to do the WA/OR Coastline.  We like vacations on the ocean.  Stay safe.

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thank you for the great weekend greeting. I never knew Midnight as a kitten as I adopted him when he was 3 years old, so this is a cute reminder of what he might have looked like.

Snicks--Good luck on mowing that grass. Mine would have been at least a foot tall if it  had gone that long, but you had no choice.

Twinny---Enjoy your visit to the Swiiss town  to window shop...or perhaps buy. You do manage to find some bargains on your outings.

Barbara--You certainly are starting your extended journey with an experience to remember. Be safe!! Like your DH, I  don't mind a little maintaining; that is far better than what I experienced the first time the cancer was removed.

I went to the Post Office to get the mail. Right now, I am still feeling wiped out for some reason. I need to fix some lunch and then read. Perhaps this tired feeling will go away; this isn't the norm for me.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, sunny but chilly day here,this morning was 36 much too cold for me but it will get colder unfortunately as the weeks pass!

Great graphic Meallen as usual.

Twinny I hope you get to the town for the BBQ today, most of our leaves are still green,very few turning,we haven't had a frost yet.

Jean glad that you have your 2 days of work palanned for next week.I hope your PT goes well.

Snicks I like your lands end purchase, I had gotten one last year in that style and material..it's black and white small check and the cuffs can be turned back to have a chambray  cuff..the placket on the inside has chambray too and it has a collar.  I do hope you get your front lawn done to your liking before the snow flies!

Barbara sorry that you are having crummy weather I hope it improves.

Not much here,doing some laundry and DH just made a blazing fire in the wood stove in the family room....it looks pretty .     Have a nice day everyone.   Marijane

Honored Contributor

It's a regional holiday here, so I am wishing all of you

Image result for Happy Sweetest Day

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise