Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT 12)

Good afternoon, shopping friends. It is a much cooler day, a reminder that I will so appreciate Summer when it arrives again. I didn't sleep well last night, so I'm very tired today.

I did watch AM Style but would have gone to the city for grocery shopping had I slept last night. I just didn't want to deal with the cold rain, etc. when I hadn't slept.

Winter can easily be hibernation time for me, and it is a time that I can be tempted easily by things to make a blah Winter life more enjoyable. For that reason, I will really  have to watch and apply the shopping breaks. The L'Occitaine set is tempting me but I am trying to resist as I have other lines on hand to use up but I do like L'Occitiane.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT 12)

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry about your weather and lack of sleep.  I love L'Occitane, but didn't see the set you mentioned.  Just as well.

Our weather was great today.  Sunny and not too hot or cold.  Not sure how it will be in Arizona, but probably much warmer.

Today was the last full day of my trip, and yet another winner.  Our farewell dinner was lots of fun.  We also had a really nice trip up to another town via a funicular (including a walk to a scenic overlook, coffee break, a little souvenir shopping, etc.). Then, my trip friend and I went around Como (some minor shopping), had lunch at a sidewalk cafe, had gelato, etc.  She was tired, but I went down to see the bicycle race (professional), and ended up standing there for quite a while and waving a flag as the winners crossed the finish line.  The farewell dinner was amazing and lots of fun.  Had a nice talk with a retired (I think) music professor who gave me some good suggestions about getting into music more plus cooking for one.

I'm certainly not looking forward to my long flights back to Phoenix, but I hope that there are no problems, and I'm sure I will be happy to be home Monday afternoon/evening.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Loved your picture in the parade, and very happy you were recognized by the students, teachers, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

After a beautiful week of weather, it rained most of the day yesterday, but my DB jacket was perfect.  We didn't get the predicted first freeze last night.  It's a nice sunny 40's day which I am enjoying.  

I enjoyed my morning cup of pumpkin spice with pumpkin spice creamer.   Then we went to the habitat grand opening.  I was disappointed because it was junky & eexpensive.

gotta go it's time to fix supper.

Honored Contributor

It's chilly here Jean @KonaKat  and will continue to be so for another week. 

I was up early and participated in the AM Style chat.  Can't say I remember what was on AM Style Woman Frustrated

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   I'm glad that you have enjoyed your trip to Italy.  I hope you treated yourself to a little something to remember it by.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   what is the habitat?  Is it a new store?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--I know the long trip back home will be tiring but you will be taking home some really great memories. I do hope you made a purchase of some type for wearing, etc. Thank you for the comment on the parade pic. I enjoyed the experience and the honor. The only negative was that the top wouldn't come down on the convertible but it the experience was still a good one.  Oh, on the L'Occitane, this is the AD version: A369786

Twinny--Sorry you were disappointrd in the habitat opening. I haven't had any pumpkin spice seasonal items yet.

Bernie--I don't remember what was presented on AM Style either except the L'Occitane but enjoyed seeing Leah at the helm. I just remember the emphasis on free shipping as well as easy pay.

I've just been relaxing today by watching several episodes of Untold Stories of the ER. I love medical shows. I know I have two days booked to sub during the coming week, and also have a cardiology appointment on Friday.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@twinny70   what is the habitat?  Is it a new store?

Bird Mama, it's called Habitat for Humanity.  It takes things that are either new or used & sells them.  No clothes/shoes.  Mostly things for building or remodeling a home.  They recently located to a different building in our hometown.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I ended up buying my self a beautiful silk scarf plus a T-shirt (tourist, but subtle) and tea towel (totally tourist).  I saw a tempting leather handbag, but remembered that I almost always carry fabric-type bags these days due to the weight.  I think the bag was probably less expensive that the D&B bags they sell here, but not good if you don't use it.