Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 2)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is a nice day here -- highs should be in the low 80's, and it was in the upper 40's this morning.  .I was late in taking my walk (doing computer stuff, etc.), but the weather was perfect.  

I saw a little of AM Style, but didn't find any temptations, including the TSV.  I was looking for my winter slippers (really suede clogs), and ended up re-organizing my closet a bit.  I decided to donate another purse -- Lug -- I liked the color, but the water bottle holder just drove me crazy.  Even with no water bottle in there, it kept opening up.  Anyway, it is in good shape, and I hope someone else loves it.

Laundry is started and I have chicken in the crockpot.  I have a hospice visit this afternoon, and I will be doing my weekly financial review later. 

After much debate (with myself), I decided to sign up for a Road Scholar trip to the parks in Utah next Fall.  While my trip to Italy was wonderful, I think both financially and physically, I am just not ready for an overseas trip next year.  And, I have been wanting to go on this Utah trip for several years.  I only put down a $100 deposit, so I won't feel too bad if I change my mind.  But, I like having a trip in the future to look forward to. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope you have a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 2)

[ Edited ]

Hello Ladies, thanks for starting Linda...your upcoming trip sounds nice...and as you said if you change your mind you will not be losing much.  it,s in the 40’s here for the high but nice and sunny......we had a storm on Halloween night that brought 2 trees of ours down but no damage to  anything....more wood for our stove next year!  people did lose power in our town,we didn’t and I was surprised to read this morning that people were still without power not only here but throughout Ct.   Also Maine was hit hard too..still without power in some areas my son did not loose his though.....some just had their back on from a storm 2 weeks ago and are out again.

I am having chicken too tonight  Linda but Chicken Parma....I had made a big pot of spaghetti sauce the other day..... also made a pot of  pasta ******ioli ( beans) soup .....haven’t made that since last winter.

Not much else is going on here....have a nice day e everyone   Marijane.     PS I should know by now that every time I name that soup it is always blocked out.....the name is the Italian word for beans.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, I wore my winter coat and hat out this morning when I went to Menards.  Wow I thought Home Depot was tempting - Menards sells everything.  I replaced the flapper in the upstairs toilet.  That toilet has been ghosting for months.  If you don't know what ghosting is, that's when the flapper lets water slowly seep out of the tank and then the fill valve tops off the tank when nobody is near it.

I received my 3 month water bill yesterday.  Yikes!  I know I watered the front yard alot after I had my silver maple structurally pruned in May.  I didn't want to tree stressed out after 'surgery'.  I didn't realize until after I did all the watering that the rates had gone up again on July 1st.

There are so many little ways that water can be wasted so I'm going to check all of my faucets to make sure I don't have any slow drips anywhere.  

It's been mostly cloudy today and overcast.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Your trip you have planned sounds reasonable, and it is one that will not require the financial outlay that one overseas would. We are in the 50s now but it was below freezing last night,

Maryanne--Some areas in our state were also hit bad by the winds on Thanksgiving. Some are still without electricity and are having to deal with downed trees. My humble town was not that hard hit although the winds were worse than usual for a short period of time as we were on the fringe of the path of the storm,

Bernie--We get a water bill every month, so 3 months could be quite a surprise. We also got a notice that the water bill would be increasing, along with everything else that is increasing.

I worked yesterday after not having any sleep the night before because of leg pain which often happens when it is cold and rainy. I had no breaks at work as there were not enough subs to cover absences, so available times were used by everyone to cover for two teachers. I was so tired by the time I got home, I went to bed to rest some before the evening hours. I just didn't feel like checking in.

Last night, I went to sleep around Midnight and awakened around 8am as I didn't set the alarm. I had an appointment in the city to get my hair cut and styled, so I rushed breakfast in order to get to the 10:30 appointment on time. It was my luck I got stuck on our winding road behind several cars who were slowed down by some person hauling equpment and creeping along at 30 to 35 mph in no passing zones. This went on for 15 miles before he decided to pull over.. I made the appointment 5 minutes late. Afterwards, I shopped for groceries at WalMart.

Linda's planning for travel reminds me that I have a Bucket Wish thing surfacing. For some reason, the thought of going to Japan is interesting me and I have enough miles left to pull it off. The trip to Australia in the Summer is paid for except for any activities and dinining we might do there. Going to Japan at my age is a fantasy.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, it's a cool day, but no precipitation.  We might get a dusting or two this week.  I am sleeping so much better that it's cooler in the house.  I like it cool at night, but 68°  during the day.  Your next fall trip sounds like a good one.  Utah is a pretty state.  Chicken in the crock pot sounds good.  I saw no ams because I slept in.

Bird Mama, we don't have  Menard's & Home Depot in our hometown, but they aren't too far away.  They both exhaust me.  Too much stuff and too many different ways to go.  I try to go to our local Farm and Fleet.   I thought about wearing my new DB faux fur coat to the funeral this morning, but wore the faux leather one that I think Jean has two of.

We did pick up the Subaru yesterday and like it a lot.  It's a learning curve to start it with the tap of a finger.  I am sure that we have lots of things to figure out.   No trips other than a day or two here and there until next spring.  Lord willing.  Then we hope to get to Louisiana.  That's the last one on our bucket list.

We went to a funeral this morning. I knew very few people & none of the relatives that I sent an email to showed up. I thought that they would all be there.  When we got back home, I checked my email message to see if I gave them the right date and I did.  Sometimes spell check goofs me up.

Tomorrow immediately after church/potluck  we are going to have a baby shower for a young couple that go to our church.  It's a good time to have It when we are all there.  It's going to be a girl  so it was easier to know what to buy.  I also found some cute baby girl wrapping paper and a baby girl gift bag.  The gift is a large pkg of Luv's  diapers and a cute bucket of toiletries.  

Supper is leftovers from Wednesday night.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Genny1 wrote:

Hello Ladies, thanks for starting Linda...your upcoming trip sounds nice...and as you said if you change your mind you will not be losing much.  it,s in the 40’s here for the high but nice and sunny......we had a storm on Halloween night that brought 2 trees of ours down but no damage to  anything....more wood for our stove next year!  people did lose power in our town,we didn’t and I was surprised to read this morning that people were still without power not only here but throughout Ct.   Also Maine was hit hard too..still without power in some areas my son did not loose his though.....some just had their back on from a storm 2 weeks ago and are out again.

I am having chicken too tonight  Linda but Chicken Parma....I had made a big pot of spaghetti sauce the other day..... also made a pot of  pasta ******ioli ( beans) soup .....haven’t made that since last winter.

Not much else is going on here....have a nice day e everyone   Marijane.     PS I should know by now that every time I name that soup it is always blocked out.....the name is the Italian word for beans.

Marijane, your weather sounds nasty.  Like you say, lots more firewood for next year.  We did get quite a bit of snow, but no power outages.  Thank goodness.  We got 8" of snow in October and usually get a dusting at the most.  We broke the old record from a long long time ago.  31 snowfalls predicted & 2 down.  The leaves have been pretty,  but now they are mostly on the lawn.  Your supper sounds good too.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Well, another day of bagging more leaves and pine needles. 15 bags.....and counting. I spent most of the afternoon outside putting the last fw covers over birdbaths and the AC unit. I had quite a bit of that coated vinaly fencing around my hosta to protect it from the deer. It worked well until we had two nursing doe. They had it pulled from the ground and in a mangled mess. I guess they relly wanted the last few stalks of hosta. Next year I think I will just purchase the better metal fence panels and be done with it.  My husband thinks we should cable tie them together so they can't wedge their way through them. I want to try that as well. Tomorrow,  I hope to rearrange some items in the garage a bit but just enough to move the trees around and the glass garden items in a safer spot for the winter.

It's finnaly cool/cold here so we can close the A/c vents and be done with that crazy weather going from hot to cool. I have to put a post it note on ther thermostat to know what unit I'm running so I know when to turn the Hepa on/off.

I only saw a bit of AM Style this morning but nothing caught my eye. I did order the TSV because ll ove Josie's body butter. I'm hoping to aidd those two serums into my skincare routine for those stubborn/trouble spots and see if works.  I'm happy with what I'm using now but thought it was a good price to experiemtn and see if it can boost the results. Crossing my fingers on good results.

Our Trick or Treat is tonight so I'm the candy person and my husband has dog sitting duty. I'm glad they moved it to tonight because the storms have gone and the pavements are dry. I think the township should move it to this time every year. It sure would be easier on the parents.

Tomorrow I may takle another portion of the wall an remove another section of wall paper. I'm going to see how stiff and soar I am from today's fun". I really need to give myself a manicure and get soome kind of dinner in a crock pot or oven dish so it's on auto pilot by evening. When we have both weekend days full of heavy chores I'm fading fast by the time I should be cooking.  

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I am glad that you made your appointment mostly on time.  It scares me when I have to go to the Capitol City for my infusion.  Traffic can be crazy because of the never ending road construction.  Just like when we are going to the airport.  I don't mind being 2 hours early.  I can easily entertain myself, but missing the ✈✈✈ terrifies me.  It seems like when we are going somewhere & have a certain time to be there, we get behind a tractor 🚜🚜🚜 in a no passing zone too.  That's one reason I prefer a road trip.  

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   Is the new car the first car you've have that doesn't require a key in the ignition?  If so, I can relate.  When I bought my NIssan Altima 2 years ago the sales guy cracked up when I said, where's the key?  Where do I put the key?  He said, here's the key (hidden in the fob) for the door.  I said no, where is the back up if the push button thing malfunctions?

It took me 6 months to stop trying to insert the key in the steering column.  I also had to be really careful about knowing where my keys were at all time.  I tend to hit the door lock button when I get out of the car and I was fearful that my keys would be on the passenger seat or something and I would lock myself out.

It's different Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

fressa, it sounds like you are plenty busy doing lots of fall outdoor work.  Fall & winter are my favorite times of the year.  My DH used his new leaf blower and a rake quite a few times.  Now with lots of snow on the grass, that job is done until next year.  We rarely have deer right in town, but we do see them now and then.  They don't eat what we have in our yard.  I am so glad for leftovers tonight.  It's been a busy week around here and I am tired.  It's going to be a lazy evening and an early to bed for me.  I just remembered that we have to put the clocks back tonight.  Ugh!  I very much dislike it getting dark before 5:00  p.m. Good luck with your wallpaper removing job.  Not an easy task for sure.  My sister and I helped our mom do that many years ago and it was the worst job that I ever had to help with.  Dad told her not to do it, but she did it.  Once we started it, we had to finish it one way or the other.  We tried all kinds of ways to get it off.