Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, NOV. 5)

Good morning ladies - running in several directions today.  So much work to be done.

We, too, have the deer problem, cattle - turkeys too.  It's just an old McDonald type of setting right here.  I worry about it each day, especially with the time change.  Having a new vehicle in the house, I'm very worried.  Hopefully, nothing happens in that corral, so to speak.

@KonaKat  I sure do hope that the PT is better on Monday, so the rest of the day goes smoother with all you have on your plate.  Fingers crossed.  The makeup thing frustrates me so often, as many times I use one or two colors and the rest, not so much.  Seems like a waste and when they don't last long on the eye, you wonder what might be the point.

@twinny70  That's exactly what I'm afraid of. We hit a deer with our car, when I was a young girl and I've never forgotten that sound; not to mention the damage and the poor deer dying.  It was not something I care to witness again, it is frightening.  Work, work, work - it never ends.  My brain is spent on cooking, the ideas are all but gone here.

@meallen616  That is quite a dangerous suggestion for me.  I'm loving the TSV, because it doesn't seem to be huge as so many other bags.  Just can't go there. - yikes.  Got to SIT ON MY HANDS.

@spix  Celebration looked awesome yesterday, just wonderful for the Cubs and their fans.  My DH has meetings all weekend, so I'm doing my thing here at home and won't be cooking a darn thing - yah!!

@Bird mama  It always irritates me, when the Doc's office makes the wait so long and then they wonder, why they can't draw blood.  I have always had that problem with my veins, sometimes it takes hot water on the arm, a heating pad, veins twisting or collapsing, sticks all over the place - it is a hot mess (literally) for me for sure.  It's all too much, isn't it?  So sorry.  It's scary with the deer stuff, isn't it.

@butterfly123  That is a commute, I sure hope things work out well everyday for him.  It's not the most comfortable situation, for sure.  Best of luck with that and prayers coming his way for safety on a daily basis.

Ladies - have a wonderful weekend. God bless those that are suffering so - I sure pray for relief.

PROTECT THOSE CCs, from purchase invasion!! LOL

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies.....wow a lot of us have deer around.  I have never hit one but my DH had a moose cross in front of his car years ago when living up in Maine...one of it's leg kicked the front as it was running across.....those things are big and motorist are killed every year up there as they sometimes fall into the windshield of the car.  I didn't believe him when he came home and told me ,went outside and sure enough the headlight was kicked out and there was "moose hair" on the fender!

Sorry you aren't more enthusiastic about your upcoming trip  Jean.....hope you have a great time.

Snicks did they ever find out about the fire.  I would be pretty upset If my doorbell rang  at 9pm and saw the police there.

Bernie I like your new pocketbook and will have to look it up....

That was some crowd at the Cubs parade Essie....I don't think I'd like to be in the middle of it...

No hunting is permitted in our town butterfly 123 and we are over run with deer....that must be a sight to see pigs walking down the road!

Not much here,making baked ziti tonight, one of my kids will be here and I make enough for a care package for him to take back.....plus anything else I can find in my fridge plus my Halloween candy !

Have a nice day everyone....

Honored Contributor

@Genny1

It's called the Echo - by Born.  I also have the Eva by Born.  Too bad I overpaid at HSN for that one, lol.

Both the echo and the eva are at 6pm.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi all and thanks @KonaKat for the start. Sorry you were so worn out from the PT, I do hope Monday is not as bad since you have a full day after. But I hope you can enjoy your trip.

@twinny70, enjoy your steaks tonight. My granddaughter and I will be grilling steaks tomorrow night. She has asked me to help her learn to cook more things, and since it is her birthday today, I decided we would make steaks for starters.

@meallen616, love your graphic, lol.

@spix, saw some of the Cubs celebration on the news, go Cubbies! We are also still having above average temps, hate to think about when the bottom drops out.

@Bird mama, that was one long, grueling day of doc and medical apptmts. Whew! I'm with you, hope to drop like a rock, lol. I have hit or been hit by 3 deer at different times. Want no more of that. The last 2 were while I was a dispatcher at a trucking company. My drivers really rode me high about that. They had a joke going that instead of a sign for drivers re: deer crossing, there were signs to warn the deer of snicks crossing, lol.

Nice bag from Born, btw.

@butterfly123, it is kind of funny about the pigs out going for a walk. But not fun if you hit one, at all. Hope your DH doesn't encounter them or a deer on his daily commute.

@3suwm5, wow, girl, you sound really busy. Pace yourself. Got my CC under wraps, for today anyway, lol.

@Genny1, wow, would not want to hit a moose for sure. They can be huge.

As for the fire, they say it was arson. Had another/different officer come to the house this morning. They have someone incarcerated. Just finishing up/tying up any loose ends in their investigation today. Wanted to speak to DH, whom I told them he was at work the day of, and again today, but hubby called when he got home and the officer came back for his written statement that he didn't see anything, lol. Just being thorough, which I do appreciate.

I need to get outside and try to clean up more leaves in the front yard but I don't have much ambition to do so. My back is still hurting from crawling under the stairs pulling out all the Christmas decor. It takes longer every year to recoup from that little chore.

Hope everyone can enjoy the weekend. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Hi everybody, don't forget,

Image result for clocks back images

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, does the DB faux leather jacket have the turn  key closures?   My fingers don't work right & I cannot fasten them.  Going to the Dr. Once a year is my wish.  I go every 6 months to 4 different Dr's.

Butterfly, that is quite a commute & wildlife makes it so much worse.

SNICK's, too bad about the fire being arson.  How funny about the deer watching out for you!

Marijane, we have never seen a moose in ME & I don't want to either.  I can't imagine seeing moose hair in the grill.

3suwm5. Yes, having a new vehicle makes it much scarier.  We see deer & cattle, but   only an occasional turkey.

I bought my C. prep powder yesterday.  My Colonoscopy is Nov 10 & I have to be at the hospital at 6:45.  I will be getting no sleep the night before.  I wanted early & I got it.  DH had to go to the hospital in the afternoon.  Its been 10 years since my last one.  My instructions came from the clinic in the mail today.  I need to call them on Monday to tell them that the IV will be done in my Port.  My Colonoscopy Dr. put my port in 6 years ago.  I remember it well.  He is humorous.  I was in bed for a week as the pain was terrible.

I have my 6 month checkup at the "Big Clinic" with my neurologist on Thursday afternoon.  It will be a shopping day & also the day that I start my no seeds, berries, corn etc. diet.  November is going to be sooooo much fun.  NOT.  Filled with Dr. Appointments.  Can't wait until December is here, snow & all.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you were so wiped out by PT.  Hope you like the DB jacket.  I'll have to look at it -- definitely not a need, but.....  Hope you enjoy the movie and PT on Monday is not so taxing.

Hi twinny. Hope you enjoy the concert.  It is nice that you and your DH go out so often.  Sorry to hear about your friend's truck and the deer.  I have not hit/been hit by a deer, but my Dad and brother both had that very bad experience.  There were lots of deer near one of my houses in Maryland which backed up to a park.  I was always very careful on the street since neighbors had struck deer, and a deer crashed through the front window of one of their houses.  Someone was trying to take a picture of the deer and it spooked.

Glad your weather is nice Essie, and good for your Cubs.  I think many of us (not even baseball fans) are very happy for the team/city.

Another funny graphic, meallen.  I sometimes think that way, but usually can resist.

I think all of us would like to drop like a rock when the time comes, Bernie.  Unfortunately, it doesn't always go that way.  Sorry you spent so much wait time at the doctors and didn't get your cup of coffee until very late.  I am definitely addicted to caffeine in the morning, and get a headache if I have to miss it for whatever reason.  Really like your new purse.

What a difficult drive for your DH, butterfly.  I would think that the pig farmer would be concerned about those evening strolls.  There are wandering cattle in certain parts of our area, not far away.  There are warning signs and "cattle guards", but I get nervous if a cow is right next to the road when I'm driving.

Hope you are able to avoid collision with deer, cattle, turkeys, etc., 3swum5.  There used to be quite a few turkeys at a nearby park, but I think they reduced the numbers.  Fortunately, I usually drive slowly there, and have avoided hitting them.

I think I'd love some of your baked ziti, Marijane.  Not sure if I ever made it or not.  Now that I'm cooking for one, there would probably be too many leftovers.  Maybe I'll try it for a potluck or something.  Can't imagine colliding with a big old moose.  Yikes!

Sorry that the fire was arson, snicks.  Try to take it easy after straining your back.  I did exchange my few Thanksgiving decorations (three small turkeys) for my Halloween-specific things -- two ceramic "haunted houses" and a couple of decorated kitchen towels.  I son't know when I'll try to work on my Christmas things, but probably not soon.  I did move some of my summer things into storage and took out some cool weather clothing.  Not that it is all that cool here, but only in the high 40's when I got up.

Waves to Kathleen (back in Texas), Arlene, Barbara, Charlene, Rosa, Susan, LindaR, Gayle, Karen, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

I am visiting DH now, but he is napping on the chair.  I had lunch here (shredded beer, scalloped potatoes, and broccoli), and it was pretty good.  I asked if it was okay to come for Thanksgiving lunch/dinner.  My church is having a Thanksgiving lunch, but I would rather spend the time with DH.  He is doing fine by the way.

Nothing exciting going on -- laundry and financial review when I get back home.  I finally did some paper filing that was long overdue.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Latest news is that the "person" is out on bail. A neighbor lady "warned" me. I'm just thinking, surely he would not be so stupid as to come back to this neighborhood and do something else, but who knows. I did rake and burn a portion of the front leaves. The area around where the fire hydrant was put in is so rough with large dirt clods that it was impossible to clean up that area. Guess I will have to call again about getting it leveled out.
Trusted Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

Bird Mama, does the DB faux leather jacket have the turn  key closures?   My fingers don't work right & I cannot fasten them.  Going to the Dr. Once a year is my wish.  I go every 6 months to 4 different Dr's.

Butterfly, that is quite a commute & wildlife makes it so much worse.

SNICK's, too bad about the fire being arson.  How funny about the deer watching out for you!

Marijane, we have never seen a moose in ME & I don't want to either.  I can't imagine seeing moose hair in the grill.

3suwm5. Yes, having a new vehicle makes it much scarier.  We see deer & cattle, but   only an occasional turkey.

I bought my C. prep powder yesterday.  My Colonoscopy is Nov 10 & I have to be at the hospital at 6:45.  I will be getting no sleep the night before.  I wanted early & I got it.  DH had to go to the hospital in the afternoon.  Its been 10 years since my last one.  My instructions came from the clinic in the mail today.  I need to call them on Monday to tell them that the IV will be done in my Port.  My Colonoscopy Dr. put my port in 6 years ago.  I remember it well.  He is humorous.  I was in bed for a week as the pain was terrible.

I have my 6 month checkup at the "Big Clinic" with my neurologist on Thursday afternoon.  It will be a shopping day & also the day that I start my no seeds, berries, corn etc. diet.  November is going to be sooooo much fun.  NOT.  Filled with Dr. Appointments.  Can't wait until December is here, snow & all.

@twinny70  Good luck with it all.  That test is not the problem, the prep. is usually the worst part of that deal.  Good luck with your other appointments as well.  For you, I hope November flies by.  All good reports, too.Heart 

Honored Contributor

Yes, it's the prep. I had my one and only one done about 3 years ago. I will not be having another unless I have some symptoms that require it.