Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, NOV. 5)

@Bird mama wrote:

@spix

I'm so glad the weather was great for the Cubs parade.  What an exciting time for Chicago :-)

@Bird mama This city is so full of love, when you're wearing any Cubs apparel, strangers stop you & want to talk about the team, heartwarming :heart:

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, NOV. 5)

Hi everyone, checking in late today.  Jean - sorry that your P.T. wears you out so much, I hope that you're able to enjoy your upcoming trip.  Linda - thanks for the update on the mysteries that you're reading.  I've read the first of M.C. Beaton's Agatha Raisin books and enjoyed it.  I also own the Vicious Vet book that is the follow-up.  Bernie - as much as most of us don't like doing all that lab work, it does feel good to have it all behind us.  Snicks - sorry that it was an arsonist.  Just be cautious and stay safe.  Spix- so happy for all the Cubs fans!

I hit a deer once, and that almost never happens around here, but we once lived on a 500 acre ranch, and I hit one at night going at a slow speed on a dirt road.  Car unharmed, and I think that the deer came through alright too.

I am in the midst of watching Breeder's Cup Thoroughbred horse racing.  It is live streamed online, and then at 5:00 pm Pacific time, the Classic race wil be aired on NBC.  The Breeder's Cup classic purse is $6,000,000.  It's the toughest race in the western hemisphere.  I'll be cheering big time for California Chrome!

Hello and waves to all  ~  Charlene