Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, NOV. 28)

Hi girls,

Just checking in; nothing much going on. We had another 70° day so I took the dogs for a drive as I needed some things from Aldi and Dollar Tree; I also wanted to try the Cook Out that opened a little over a mile from my house.  My gosh, it's brutal out there - what on earth is wrong with people?  Aldi was empty - there actually was no line - so I got my shopping there done with no problems; my pastor in Hawaii is getting a box of gourmet goodies.  Dollar Tree was another story - people were totally obnoxious, blocking aisles being generally rude, and one woman whose little darlings were swinging around 3' candy cane decorations and narrowly missing people got annoyed with the people instead of repremanding her brats. In the parking lot there was a group of women slowly meandering along, looking down at phones or whatever, and not caring about blocking traffic because, well, it's all about them. Then I went to the Cook Out; it just opened yesterday and word isn't out yet (they don't advertise openings). The parking lot was a zoo and they had attendants directing traffic, and it seemed half the police department was having their dinner break there, but the inside was pretty empty.  But, it wasn't without it's dangers - I was almost knocked down by a jerk on a thing that looks like a Segway but without the post; he just had to play with his new toy inside the store - NO common sense - and it wasn't a kid, it was a guy in his 30s.  This is NOT my time of year; I wish I could go to  bed and sleep until the "hellidays" are over!  Cat Frustrated

Hope you enjoy your new laptop, Jean. The one I had before this one was the same brand (Acer) but had a lot more features, but I don't really miss them. I just couldn't afford to spend so much for another one.  This one is just plain black, but I got a really cute "skin" on Amazon to put on the cover.  It has a cat, of course.

LindaL, my heart goes out to you - I know what you're going through is so difficult.  I'll keep you in prayer. (You too, Twinny.)

Yes, I'm going to continue on with school; classes don't start again until mid-January, so that's enough of a break - if I get out of the rhythm for too long, it's hard to get back into it. I'm not sure what I'm going to take yet; I've toyed with the idea of a PhD, but maybe I'll do something that's just fun and of interest to me, like aviation. 

Well, I want to get the litter boxes scrubbed out tonight, and go through my purses.  I have at least 10 that have never been used that I can sell, as well as four coats: two Dennis Basso (one faux mink) and two leather jackets. I don't go out much in the winter, and it's not likely I'll ever use them; they're too pretty to just sit in the closet, and I can use the money.  Of course, people always offer less than your asking price, so I'll just ask for 20% over what I hope to get... Cat Wink

Bird, did you see the bird wallets I told you about? 

I guess I'd better get moving; have a blessed evening, everyone.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, NOV. 28)

@FunkyHulaGirl

Arlene, I didn't look at the wallet yet.  I'm not crazy about prints and while I think the Anuschka brand is artistic,it's not my first choice to carry. If the two buxton wallets don't work out, then I may reconsider.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise