Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, NOV. 26)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is the Day After and some of us may have done some financial outlays on Black Friday and Cyber Monday awaits.

This past week went by all too quickly, so work will await at least two days next week along with the days for physical therapy. I'm not saying that I'm so tired that I didn't see or know when UPS delivered a package yesterday. I spotted it this morning and immediately tried on the boots A355504. I've never tried Aerosoles so this was a risk. They fit perfectly, are comfortable and no break in time.

I should have another pair of boots at the Post Office of an entirely different style. If these work, then I have my boots for the year. I had checked in the stores but my size was missing in action in ones I liked or the boots were uncomfortable

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, NOV. 26)

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat.  Short of a new 33% off coupon in additional to black friday pricing at JCP, I've received nothing that tempts me.  

The sun is trying it's darndest to break through the clouds here.  It's one of those overall grey sky days.  At least it's a little warmer and there is no ice in the birth bath or squirrel bowl (water bowl).  

I like being able to give the animals fresh water without having to use an ice pick - he he he.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

Image result for saturday shopping tips

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies, thanks @KonaKat for the start. I spent no money yesterday other than a few dollars at the grocery. Most of my holiday spending will be on gift cards to send to family members who live in other states. I personally need nothing, but, like @Bird mama, I will peruse the 33% off + Black Friday pricing at JCP. Thanks @meallen616, for that graphic, lol.

I am waiting for temps to rise some, so I can get out in the yard and do more leaf cleanup, hopefully the last time this year.

Waves to all, hope you have a great day.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--You take good care of the animals and the natural melting process works best for both you  and the animals. I see that JC Penny's has a 6% cash back at eBates which would work in addition to your coupon. Not enabling or anything! Smiley Happy

meallen--Great graphic but I think you might be encouraging some buying. Smiley Happy

Snicks--I enjoy the use of gift cards. It is a great way to handle gifts for people far away as well as close. I do hope the temps warm up so you can take care of the leaves.

I see they are pushing the IT Cosmetics Holiday Palette. The eyeshadows and blush are ok, but it isn't something I would order again. I'll probably just use it for travel which I rarely do now

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

You know, I never signed up for ebates.  Maybe it's about time that I do, lol.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I got $3 cashback via eBates for that TSV I bought  yesterday, and I got $15 cashback from eBates for a Kohls purchase yesterday plus $45 Kohls cash. Whenever possible, I link to an online store through eBates. The percentage varies from store to store and also day of the week. Let me know if you need a referral link. I used to use FatWallet until they joined with eBates. At that point, over the years I had earned over a $1,000 in cash back. FatWallet let you accumulate it until you requested the money which I did for vacations. eBates sends a check quarterly. If you are going to make a purchase without the cashback incentive, why not earn the cashback also?

Honored Contributor

So, which do you consider better; ebates or Mr Rebates? I've never used either one.
It's still just 45 degrees here, but I think I will venture out shortly, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Darnit, I just placed an order with JCP and forgot to enroll in the ebates.  

I really did well, rofl.  After the discounts and free shipping, I got all of this for $116.  

New Balance walking shoes

New Balance® 669 Womens Walking Shoes

Two pairs of jeans

ZCO Fleur De Lis Pocket Pants - Tall ZCO Single Wing Flap Pocket Pants - Tall

Fashion earrings hematite color

Liz Claiborne® Hypoallergenic Hematite Hoop Earrings

Mock Neck Sweater with little cut outs that start at the shoulder and go down the sleeve (sassy without looking sleezy).

Stylus Long Sleeve Mock Neck Pullover Sweater-Talls

Blue bootie slippers for my sister

Dearfoams Bootie Slippers

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I like your new boots.  I know you will probably laugh, but I ended up buying two of the TSV yesterday.  After much thought, I decided to order one for myself just for "insurance" against power outages and/or a dead car battery.  Later in the evening, DD texted me that she was wrong, and they wanted a TSV.  So, I went ahead and ordered one for them as well.  I used Ebates, and I got $6.00 back -- wow!  I never considered joining those types of programs until you mentioned Fat Wallet.  While I never accumulated as much as you had, I still got several checks from them.  All I can say is why not?

In answer to your question, snicks, I have never tried Mr. Rebates.  I do the same with gift cards, etc.  Hope your temperatures are higher now.

I like the things you ordered from JCP as well, Bernie.  You get some wonderful deals.  Glad no ice for the birds/squirrels

No shopping planned for today, meallen.  One of my friends posted that she knew this was the day for shopping local, but she didn't need anything at all.  Like several of us, she is busy de-cluttering rather than accumulating.  Not that I'm doing all that much de-cluttering, but I'm trying.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Susan, Marijane, Karen, 3suwm5, Charlene, Barbara, Essie, Rosa, butterfly, LindaR, Gayle, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

I was surprised to see a Javelina crossing the busy road this morning when I was taking my walk.  It really hustled and avoided being hit.  I am sure most of you don't have them where you live, but we certainly do.  Fortunately, I have not seen any at DH's facility despite being warned that they have been hanging around.  While they are usually not interested in tangling with humans, sometimes they do so, mainly when they feel you are threatening their babies.  Their vision is poor, so sometimes they mistake your presence for a threat.

It was pretty cool in the house this morning, and much to my surprise the heat had come on while I was walking -- yikes!  I turned it down since I knew it would be warmer soon.  It should make it into the 70's today, tomorrow should be considerably cooler with a chance of rain.

DH was fine when I visited him and fed him lunch.  Need to get back to the laundry and my weekly financial review now.  Most of my decorations are up now.  Also brought out my holiday napkins, tablecloths, etc.  I am starting to wonder if I should really go through all this effort just for me, but then I think it makes me smile.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda