Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, NOV. 23)

Good morning, shopping friends. This has been a very tiring week but I am now going through some packages received this week:  Berkshire reversible faux fur blankets, Chewy pet food delivery, and Clarks shoes I had ordered on wait list.

I liked them because of the heel height which was appealing to me as I have shrunk in height despite taking all those meds. I have been wearing them around the house and have declared them a winner. I like them so much that I just ordered the wine on waitlist. When I did, I read the reviews of Item number: A369582 and apparently this is a major winner for those purhasing it. Usually if I get a shoe with a heel height I like then there is a problem elsewhere but these are  perfect in height, length, toe box area, etc.

I am off for the week of Thanksgiving, so that will give me some time to rest but I really need to tackle a couple of rooms that have been overly used for lesser used things or things to be placed there until I decide what to do with them. The problem is that enough is enough so something is going now that I feel better, the lifting restrictions have been removed, and I have the time.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, NOV. 23)

Hi Everyone!

Well, I don't know what is up with the delivery services but they are leaving my packages at the top of driveway/street. Only the regular drivers for the USPS or UPS bring them to the door. Honesty......I thought they had to deliver to your door. Oh well....another motive for not doing too much shopping via internet.

I wore my new glasses/prescriptions all day yesterday and did the grocery shopping for both the holiday meal and the regular things. The lines were as long as if it were the Wednesday before the Thanksgiving. Oh well, tis the season. I'm still adjusting to the glasses which is a new for me. I've never had a problem before glasses or contacs. I'm going to wear them for the entire weekend and decide on Monday if I should go back to the doctor. This was a new one in the practice because my regular one is on extended sick leave.

Today is the day we are moving the furniture that we'll donating. Wish us luck. I have to move the furniture and Fall display from the front porch to the side to make room. I have to make the signs to put on what goes and what stays so they don't walk off with my planters, etc. Those are just too heavy to move even with a dolly.    

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--Most of my deliveries now go to the Post Office where I have to go and pick them up. Even the UPS and FedEx packages with my street address often get left there. On the other hand, sometimes they will leave a very small package at the house with a heavy box at the Post Office. We don't have house to house delivery by the Postal Service in our humble town.

Good luck with adjusting to the glasses. At least you got the grocery shopping done. Also, I hope the furniture donation goes well. Yes, you need to make certain they don't pick up things you want to keep.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   I'm glad that you are pleased with your shoes and I hope the wine pair comes through for you.  I've got a style of Vince Camuto bootie that I bought from HSN in multiple colors Woman Happy

@Fressa good luck with the furniture and try not to strain anything.

Linda @LindaLatte  I'm so relieved that your phone bag was found.

Earlier in the week I tossed quite a few things that were in a closet that I rarely use.  One of the items was a green Wilson duffle bag.  Carrying that thing in my 30's was one thing.  Since I am closer to 60 than I am to 50, I thought it was time to get something more feminine.

This Vera Bradley weekender was on clearance here at the Q so I ordered it on Wednesday.  I didn't want to pay alot because I don't know how often I will use it.  Considering the newer versions of this tote/bag run $120 - $140, I'm glad I paid $60.

Vera Bradley Signature Print Grand Traveler - A370852

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I hope you get some rest as well as take care of your errands while you are off work. I really like those shoes you ordered.  I have a similar pair of Clark's from a few years ago.  But, more recently, I have been wearing shoes with shorter heels since those seem more appropriate for more dressy occasions.  I think I will plan to wear mine for the various holiday events I have planned for next month.

Hi, Fressa.  Sorry the glasses are still a bit difficult for you.  Hopefully, you will adjust or have no problem in finding a more comfortable pair.  I was very pleased with my eye doctor appointment yesterday.  She said I don't need the cataract surgery for at least a year or longer.  Whew!  I wasn't looking forward to the surgery.  While I understand it isn't a big deal, they don't perform the surgery in my area, and I think the nearest place is 45 miles or so away.  Finding a ride to and from the surgery might cause some problems for me.  Also, since one eye isn't very useful (lazy eye), I am overprotective of my "good" eye.  I do need to go back for a bit more testing due to the pressure in my lazy eye, but that will not be until January.

I ended up ordering new glasses since my prescription has changed a bit.  My vision insurance is excellent, so I went for a pair with all the "bells and whistles"  -- special coatings, etc.  I really liked the tech who helped me pick out new frames, etc. 

Good luck with your donation.  Hope they don't pick up things you don't want taken.  I have much better luck with deliveries.  Most of my Amazon deliveries come in special Amazon vans to the house, and they sometimes even ring the doorbell.  

Love the bag you ordered, Bernie.  I hope you find it useful. 

I have a day off from hospice volunteering, and I plan to pick up a few more groceries in addition to my regular laundry and weekly financial review.  It was very chilly here last night and this morning.  At least, chilly for us.  .  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Hugs,

Linda

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I like that VB weekender. It looks very much like mine in a different color that I got during a VB clearance. I haven't used it that much, one visit to the hospital four years ago and a few overnight trips when I first got it. I guess I'm not in love with it.

Linda--I have an optometrist appointment this Wednesday. I didn't need a change the last time my vision was checked. I'm a little odd in that I am nearsighted in one eye and farsighted in the other, so when I'm not wearing my glasses to compensate for that I switch eyes for whatever is needed. I was starting to develop cataracts when last checked. I'm used to having to get rides to the city for all these procedures. I don't like asking for help.

I spent part of the afternoon reading  and part of it organizing boxes for Waste Management to pick up when it makes its run this week. Between QVC, Amazon and Chewy, I have a supply for them as I didn't get them put out last week.