Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, NOV. 16)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny but cold day but with temps a few degrees higher than past two days. The sunshine makes a wonderful difference.

I went to town to get the mail and to put checks in the bank. I didn't feel well last night and this morning, so I really had to talk myself into venturing out but I decided it needed to be done.

I said yesterday that I needed a new faux leather coat, I discovered a DB one at $100 off in clearance so it is coming home to me in cognac. I debated between it and the wine but since I didn't have one in the cognac color I ordered it. A311303. Hopefully, I ordered the correct size as I'm used to ordering his coats in L or XL depending upon measurements.

I have a coat similar to the TSV from SG so I don't need it. Removable hoods are important as I rarely use a hood so I remove them.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, NOV. 16)

Hi Everyone!

It's cool but sunny here so I'm tempted to start decorating for Christmas.  I also have a cold on top of my usual "stuff" so I'm not sure that would be my best decision for today's agenda. 

After all that mess with my washer I had a malfunction with the drain plug it it and flooded the laundry room. Honestly....I pulled out the wet vac and sucked up as much water as I could. I had the fan blowing on it. Today it is almost dry. I'm going to keep my eye on it for the next few laundry Mondays to be sure we don't need to order the drain pump. I did some loads of laundry last night and it worked without any mishap. What a week with the washer but so happy we were able to repair it ourselves without that $$.

All the Black Friday sales and I still haven't seen much that makes me want to order. I placed the usual order to Duluth Trading for men's flannel shirts the other day. That was my first Christmas shopping for this year. I haven't seen any of the little things that I like to purchase ahead of time. I may scale back on those. I need to order all the treat gifts for our family of dogs so it's done early. I think I'm a bit more anxious this year because the shipping is so long. I expect it will get a bit worse when the snow storms start for everyone. 

The TSV in pink sure was tempting but I don't need another coat. I have a few Dennis Basso coats that I love. Our winters have been mild compared to what they should so I hesitate to add another coat to my closet. This year they claim the vortex is coming. I still have enough coats, etc. if it does. What I need is a pair of boots to wear when I'm outside with the dogs. I need a lug sole but they need to be easy to slip on and off. Potty time does not allow for lacing up boots. LOL

Have a nice weekend everyone.  

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--You are having the worst luck with that washer. I do hope the problems will soon end. You mgiht want to take a break and not push yourself if you feel a bug is about to attack. I have a feeling that our Winter is going to be nastier than usual but I have enough heavy coats to deal with it, one is a reversible DB Faux fur to plain and one is a SG very similar to the TSV.

I am taking a break from doing anything today as I'm not feeling the best, and my leg is paining. I may have to make an appointment with the ortho which usually is a long wait. Getting older has its issues!!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you aren't feeling too well.  Hope you like the new faux leather jacket, and it fits.  It is nice here today -- cool in the morning, but should make it up to 80 degrees later.  They are predicting rainy and much cooler weather starting Tuesday.  Not nearly as cold as other areas and no snow.  But, it will be a big change.  

Sorry you are having trouble with the washer, Fressa.  Hopefully, it was just a one-time thing.  Sounds like you need to take it easy today.

I slept pretty well last night, but could not sleep past 5:00 a.m.  Improvement, but I would like to be able to sleep a bit later.

DD texted me that it was the lady next door who died from an overdose.  Her husband tried to administer Narcan, but it was too late.  Very sad, particularly for their two little children (ages 3 and 5).

I have started laundry and getting information for my weekly financial review later.  And, I have a hospice visit planned for the afternoon. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice Saturday!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I sort of like the TSV coat (except for the patch on the sleeve), but I certainly don't need another coat.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I would love your weather but the sunshine makes a big difference here. When it is dark and gloomy, I tend to get depressed. I'm glad that you are sleeping better. Perhaps you might want to see if going to bed a little later might result in your sleeping later. I hope your hospice visit goes well.

Trusted Contributor

hello Ladies, chilly but sunny day here low 30’s.  the past few days have been cold and windy but the wind has died down so not too bad.  That’s terrible about you dd 

neighbor Linda...she must have been young to have those little kids.  I toonad liked that jacket and when I had gotten the pre order email I was set to order it till I saw that patch.... maybe if it were in black not bright white patch I would have gone ahead and ordered it. 

Freesa you you sure are having problems with your washer.  I had gotten a new w/d a few years go.....had the washer fixed a few times And the dryer was making funny noises so I said that’s it...got new ones.  I know they don’t make them as well as they did years go...that goes the same for the dishwashers I have had.... it so far so good with that for 3 yrs now.!

Not much else here, tomorrow another trip t9  Bklyn,GS playoffs football game.   I wish he would play some indoor sport especially this time of year.  Big open field,wind blowing....another cold day.....it starts at noon so at least we don’t have to leave till 10am.  Maybe it will have warmed up a little.         Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Honored Contributor

Nice DB jacket @KonaKat 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Fressa I'm sorry that your basement flooded.  I can handle most any appliance (fridge, oven, stove) failing.  When it comes to my washer and dryer I spazz out as they are my favorite appliances.

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   I'm so sorry that DD's neighbor lost her life to an overdose.  My heart goes out to her husband and chidren.

Honored Contributor

Marijane @Genny1   I hope the weather improves before your GS's football game tomorrow.