Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, NOV. 14)

Greetings, shopping friends. I am watching AM Style but will be leaving shortly for the city to get my hair cut and to pick up my WalMart curbside grocery order.

I've been eyeing the FitBit Charge 4 both on QVC and at Amazon. I got an email from the Q that it had been reduced in price from $149 to $99 and free shipping. I decided to go for it. My current Charge functions well but the display can't be read on the device. I got tired of looking at the app to get the info. Naturally, the display thing died after the warranty expired.

Like other states, our state is having a huge surge in cases, especially in the city an hour and a half away to which I am always going. I have a hunch that things are not going to be good after Thanksgiving.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. If you venture out, do so safely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, NOV. 14)

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat   Have fun in the city.  Yesterday we had the highest single day count of positive cases - 8,516.  I usually take a photo of the state website summary page and text it to my sister while she's at work.  That number was so outrageous, I waited until I knew she was home before I texted her the stats.  Deaths are going up also.  Honestly, I'm out of words on this subject.

The sun is shining , it's 27 degrees outside and several bags of non perishables have been on my front porch for over an hour now, waiting for the boy scout troop to pick up for their food drive.  I wish they would get here already.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny but cool and no rain. More leaves have fallen but I think we might ignore them for this weekend. I want to set up the Christmas display for our back yard. It faces the main street so it's the one that is seen. I decided that I'm moving the "porch" tree back there and bringing either the Santa or Frosty from the shed. The tree is very old so if the lights go out then my plan is to put the battery operated strands in the bare spots. At least, that's plan "a"....

KomKat---Glad to hear that you treated yourself to the new FitBit and a great deal. I love with that happens. It sure does seem that most things start to develop the problems as soon as the warranty expires. 

I did find a turkey breast on my grocery trip this week. I paid as much for this 7lb breast as I usually do for the entire bird. Christmas menu will be lasagne. I have no idea what the prices of the cheeses will be but at least I won't have to thaw it. LOL I always make an additional pan for my son to take home. We both really like the lasagne. I will have to make a quick tirp back for the stuffing and dessert supplies one day this week. I can't beleive that I forgot to put them on my list. 

The Lindt candy that I ordered from CIJ arrived. SO GOOD!!!  I have to ration myself  when it comes to ice cream, cheesecake, Lindt candy, etc. LOL 

I did catch part of AM Style this morning. I love Dennis Basso coats but I don't need one. I resisted but that blue coat was just calling my name. I beleive he has a TSV or Big Deal this week. They showed a sneak peak but I couldn't see what it was. A throw.....I'm guessing.  Range delivery is supposed to be Tuesday so that bill will deter any "want" purchases for some time. Crossing my fingers they are on schedule.

Have a good afternoon/evening.  

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, enjoy getting your haircut and a day in the city.  I hope that your Fitbit is a good one for you.  Our State is  isn't doing well with the virus and our County is getting worse each day.  All of our schools were closed yesterday & going virtual on Monday until after Thanksgiving.,

Bird Mama,  it's going to be a rainy weekend here and in the 30's tomorrow.  Then nicer weather mid week next week.  I am so glad that the hot weather is gone and I am looking forward to being in a ❄❄❄ globe.  I can't wait to bring out my snowmen.  By March, I will be ready to put them away.  Lol.

It's been a busy &  tiring week with my infusion on Monday & our  two dental appointments, but my partial fits perfect.  My DH had an appointment with the hearing center on Thursday and all is well there.   He is supposed to go once a month or so to get them cleaned.  More important in the hot weather.

I have been busy with laundry and steam mopping the floors this morning.  Exciting I know.  

We have been going to the gym 3-4 days a week, enjoying the hot tub & a few drive thru meals each week. 

It's going to be just the two of us for Thanksgiving.  We have been going to a nice restaurant the past few years, but since we aren't doing inside dining, I will be going all out this year at home. My Mom was with us 4 year's ago and I went all out.  It made her happy & right now I need  another Happy Thanksgiving Day.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa, we were posting at the same time.  My DH wanted ham on Thursday & wanted to get a slice of it on when we were doing our weekly grocery shopping.  I paid more for that slice than I did for the ham that was in our freezer. Leftovers for supper tonight.  Good luck with your Christmas trees and decorating.  My DH has been busy raking/leaf blowing most days and then watering them because we have had a lot of windy days.  I fixed lasagna for Christmas two year's ago and it was a Big Hit with all of us.  We have a few fabulous cheese factories within a 15 minute drive and, the prices are good.  Our ds & ddil always want us to send cheese to them for Christmas.  The cheese out in the East Coast is awful imho.  The cheese factory does a good job at mailing it to them.

Esteemed Contributor

twinny70--My husband's father owned and operated a cheese factory out west for many years. We traveled back and forth for many years. It's true the taste of the cheese is so much better there. I think it's because it's so fresh and the ingrediants are local. They sold locally and to Kraft. There is nothing like a local food vendor IMO. I miss those. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Hope you like your haircut and Wal Mart pick-up goes well, Jean.  Unfortunately, the virus seems to be surging all over the country.  I didn't think about that when I went to the Wal Mart  on Thursday, but I did notice there was a shortage of toilet paper and paper towels again.  Yikes!   I figured everyone had stocked up earlier, but it has been a long time.

So happy you got a good deal on the new FitBit.  I never received a message from the Q when prices went down, but that was nice.  

Hi Bernie.  Sounds very cold there.  Sorry about all the virus cases in your area.

It is upsetting how much food prices have gone up, Fressa.  Hopefully, you will enjoy the turkey breast.  I am still pondering what to do for Thanksgiving.  After DH was no longer at home, I usually bought a small turkey breast and made dinner for myself.  But, now that I have cut back on meat consumption, I may buy some turkey slices instead.  I enjoy the "sides", so I don't want to just skip the special foods.

Sounds like you and your DH are busy as usual.  Glad you love the candy you received.  I have been cutting way down on my cheese consumption, but I remember how good cheeses from certain areas could be.  My ex and I found some delicious cheese in southern Canada and Vermont.  Tasteless cheese isn't nearly as good.

Hope this is an easier week for you, twinny.  You certainly keep busy.  I miss going to the gym, but I don't think that mine is nearly as safe as yours.

It was cool this morning on my walk, and should be beautiful this afternoon -- highs in the 74 degrees and sunny predicted.  I was shocked to hear the predictions for next week -- highs near 90 degrees.  Back and forth is getting a bit much.

I've been doing some cooking and cleaning (not exactly exciting, but fine), and I will be doing laundry and weekly financial review today.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda